Author Topic: PYRO !!  (Read 688 times)

Offline wolf37

• Copper Member
PYRO !!
« on: July 21, 2000, 08:58:00 PM »
hello again pyro:

well i still have no idea as to how to get my squad web page on the squad links.

i have put the address on the squad list on the clip board.

i have changed the address to all small cap, and then put it on the squad list on the clip board thinking that is way it would not go.

i have sent a couple of e-mails and posted a couple of posts.

i check the squad page links everyday in hopes that one day my squad page will be there. now i know it is not the best squad page out there. it is the first web page i have made, but i did put some work into the story. now i'm sure the story might tick off the odd person, but it is all in fun. but if that is why my squad page is not on the links, then tell me so i can make change's.
if there is nothing wrong with the story i have come up with, and nothing wrong with the art work, then please try and tell me why it is not on the squad links. as i am sure you know pyro, this is not a new problem, i have let you know about this about three months ago. but now i am getting a little ticked, and when i asked for my squad members to send me there charactor bios, one of them asked me why if i am not going to put it on the squad links. well what am i suppose to tell him, the T BIRDS squad page wont go there, becaue nobody seems to know why. well i know i dont know much about computers and web pages, but this should not be a problem. well not that i can see. so tell me what it is i have to do to get this squad page on the squad links please. if i have to change the address again, please let me knowe that so i can get started on it, it will take me some time to do. if it is something else, let me know. i do understand that you and the people at HTC are very busy getting updates ready and all that stuff.
well please try to help me out here when you can. thanks.

wolf37
C.O.
THUNDER BIRDS
 http://www.anglefire.com/ab3/thunderbird

Offline wolf37

• Copper Member
PYRO !!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2000, 08:59:00 PM »
hi:

sorry if it sounds like i might be yelling or something like that, i'm not. just frustrated is all.

wolf37

Offline troxel

• Zinc Member
PYRO !!
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2000, 01:42:00 PM »
Hey Wolf.  Perhaps the problem is the URL you supplied.  The one that is linked here in your signature line is incorrect, as you have the fully qualified domain name as specified as "www.anglefire.com".  If you actually attempt to go there, you end up with some pretty spamorific stuff  

I realized your error and changed it to "www.angELfire.com".  Perhaps this is why your site has not been linked.

------------------

"....where'd who go!"

Troxel
VMFA-212 "Lancers"

[This message has been edited by troxel (edited 07-22-2000).]

Offline troxel

• Zinc Member
PYRO !!
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2000, 01:50:00 PM »
Wait a minute.. Wolf, "THUNDER BIRDS" IS listed in the squad pages.  It is listed in the cryptic and confusing name of "THUNDER BIRDS"  

There, now stop whining  

------------------

"....where'd who go!"

Troxel
VMFA-212 "Lancers"

[This message has been edited by troxel (edited 07-22-2000).]

Offline wolf37

• Copper Member
PYRO !!
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2000, 10:55:00 PM »
troxel:
i know THUNDER BIRDS is in the list of all squads, but if you look at the list of squad links, that would be the list that is in blue, and is known as a links, my squad page is not there. that is where most people will go to check out squad web pages. as for the url i put in, you are right it goes to god knows what. i will have to find out why.

wolf37

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
PYRO !!
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2000, 02:39:00 AM »
I wonder if the problem is that THUNDERBIRDS needs to be in all caps on the URL.

(Don't worry Pyro, the TBs still like you.   )

------------------
bloom25
THUNDERBIRDS

Offline Ronni

• Nickel Member
PYRO !!
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2000, 08:05:00 AM »

It's up there now, Wolf.

Ronni  

------------------
Veronica "Ronni" Newman
Sr. Programmer/Webmaster