Author Topic: Friday Koth  (Read 1747 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Friday Koth
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2006, 01:44:37 PM »
As the hosting CM I'd like to clarify something.

Cheating is hacking the game and that would be Hitech Creations concern.

Breaking an event rule is not cheating in my opinion. It definately is violating the rules of an event that all event participants should follow if they are going to be in that event. That is the concern of the CM staff and the event host.

FX1, you most certainly did violate one of KOTHs rules that I know I did discuss prior to its start. Wheter it was a big rule or a tiny rule makes no difference.

We have people that break the 6k alt cap during the event and they DQ themselves from competition. That is what KOTH is all about. Being an honorable competitor but fighing tooth and nail within the rules to win.
If someone is giving you inside information you should tell that person to stop. IMO, you should tell the information giver to stop in the open.

I'll aslo clarify my apology in my initial post. That was needed becasue I wasn't the best CM that day. I certainly had a bad day when it came to arena settings.
I apologized to everyone that was there, not specifically to you, FX1.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
Friday Koth
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2006, 01:49:23 PM »
I have asked many times over squad vox about information about other players in the air.

Such things as, location, altitude, and if they are leaking fuel.  If they are leaking fuel, then I would have liked to know so that I may hit wep and level off to get to him faster.  Also, I have asked if he was alone or still fighting or even going down.  I wouldn't want to waste my time flying to someone who was slowly going down.  I've also asked who was left.

It's been a long time since I've flown in a KOTH, but I think having a common vox channel is a good idea.  It's not meant to prevent cheating, but to prevent someone from casually asking a squad member some information.  FX1 most likely at the time did not think of it as cheating.  I say let it go, as there are much worse things going on besides talking with squaddies during a KOTH event.  You as a staff have already added another rule so I say everything is solved.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Friday Koth
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2006, 01:58:09 PM »
Originally posted by Kermit de frog
I have asked many times over squad vox about information about other players in the air.

Such things as, location, altitude, and if they are leaking fuel.  If they are leaking fuel, then I would have liked to know so that I may hit wep and level off to get to him faster.  Also, I have asked if he was alone or still fighting or even going down.  I wouldn't want to waste my time flying to someone who was slowly going down.  I've also asked who was left.

Again, I go over that during the rules. We specifically say do not give damage reports to people inflight.
You may wish to fly faster to that target but another person may fly slower.
Not getting any information from another source and soley relying on what you can gather from your situational awareness is the whole point.

It's you and your situational awareness that should determine the outcomes.
The only information you should get is whether anyone else is flying and if Wabbits are left.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Friday Koth
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2006, 02:16:11 PM »
Originally posted by Kermit de frog

It's been a long time since I've flown in a KOTH, but I think having a common vox channel is a good idea.  It's not meant to prevent cheating, but to prevent someone from casually asking a squad member some information.  FX1 most likely at the time did not think of it as cheating.  I say let it go, as there are much worse things going on besides talking with squaddies during a KOTH event.  You as a staff have already added another rule so I say everything is solved.

Kermit, the fact of what happened isnt as much a problem as this thread is.

We had another new KOTHer, that broke another small rule in another fight. He was called on it. He apologized, explaining that it was his first KOTH and he got confused. End of story.

We all make mistakes every now and then. How we handle ourselves after that determines our class.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
Friday Koth
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2006, 02:23:19 PM »
Last post for me..

I only wish i had film so everyone could see what exactly went down that day. I think i have flown in about a dozen matches won 2 came in second 3 times. After my last kill before number 4 with the D3A the other guys on vox and i had only one person in my squad that was on my vox channel were excited that i was going for the win. I ws really hoping to have a nice fight and get the first win of the day in KOTH. One person started to give me info and no i didn't ask basically he said he was leaking fuel and i asked if it was both tanks. My reason for this was i wasn't going to win my first match with a ditch and was wondering if i need to hit the deck so to make sure i could fight for the win before he ran out of gas. He was only leaking in one tank so i kept my alt. I didn't think it was cheating and to this day i was trying to make the fight better. This is the reason why i got so mad i was making sure we had time to fight it out. After wmlute came on vox and typed you cant do that i stopped and what started after that was a argument not with me but with the CM and other people that were on vox. I removed myself from koth the cm's didn't aski just left after the first round. I see that they didn't give me the win but i dont really care about that i was looking to win the hole thing.

In koths before we have joked on chan vox and i am sure everyone that has won one has gotten info from out side sources about their opponent. I even think the cm announce the last two standing. Also making everyone be on 1 vox channel sounds boring to me 6 hours of silence cant be a good idea.

I left work early just for this one event and i think that why i was so angry. Winning the first match was what i was looking for and i thought my chances winning the hole friday koth was really high.

I am sorry and i will never enter another koth match. Good luck and dont let the rabbit out of your sight.

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
Friday Koth
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2006, 02:40:25 PM »
i've won many rounds and been koth before, i've never had anyone slip me info secretly, that's just, stupid. i love being in the last two for the great fights and the adrenaline. where is the adrenaline if you already know who's left and how to win.

you made a mistake, fine, if you'd just apologised and got on with it everyone would be perfectly happy, but even now you're just acting like an arrogant child, not willing to accept it.

and you still haven't apologised :huh perhaps you don't understand that you've been rude to fuze here, or perhaps you do, and you just have no class whatsoever

if you're going to act like that, i can't name anyone that will miss you

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Friday Koth
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2006, 04:19:56 PM »
Regarding leaking fuel tanks.
It has been been brought up and mentioned that empty fuel tanks will display a vapor trail so that wouldn't tell you if a person is going to run out soon.
I'd also say your "everyone that has won one has gotten info from out side sources about their opponent" is not correct.

We do have one fix to prevent damage reports, disabling of CM-Eye mode.

Offline BansheCH

• Nickel Member
      • CM SnapShot Team
Friday Koth
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2006, 04:46:46 PM »
Originally posted by FX1
I only wish i had film so everyone could see what exactly went down that day.

We have the film.
-BansheCH
~364TH FG CHAWKS~
AcesHigh Special Events

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
Friday Koth
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2006, 04:47:52 PM »
Originally posted by fuzeman
Regarding leaking fuel tanks.
It has been been brought up and mentioned that empty fuel tanks will display a vapor trail so that wouldn't tell you if a person is going to run out soon.
I'd also say your "everyone that has won one has gotten info from out side sources about their opponent" is not correct.

We do have one fix to prevent damage reports, disabling of CM-Eye mode.

fuze, in all fairness, that would be totally disasterous. half of the fun of KoTH is watching the aces duke it out, it's where i learned a lot of ACM, watching lute and bigmax etc. when i was new...

annoying that some idiot always manages to bugger something up for the rest...

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
Friday Koth
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2006, 12:38:55 AM »
I believe what FX1 has said, to be true.

FX1, I see no reason to give up KOTH for good.

We understand why you reacted the way you did, but if you were rude to someone, you gotta say sorry once you are clear headed.

Disabling CM eye view doesn't sound like a good idea.  This feature helps others learn ACM for 1v1 dogfights.
Time's fun when you're having flies.