Author Topic: Stick a Fork in Me!  (Read 5445 times)

Offline crabofix

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Stick a Fork in Me!
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2000, 05:32:00 AM »

Weazel..No matter what, the show has to go on, !!!!!!!
 Improvments will come, Im sure of it, because if not, there will be to many "bailing out" from this game, making this a brand x clone only. We, the people that fly and are devoted to it makes the game ,AH, not the producers/developers. Even if they might think so (but I know they donīt).
If you throw in the towel, the barbielovers and stardestroydrivers has won. (you know, the guys that has such an urge to win, no matter what, making them  cheat during a solitaire)

Please dont quit, we need ya here!!

------------------

BORK,BORK,BORK!!!"
Crabofix <What happend?...:A stranger morgie turndee burndee ,flip flip flip flip flip flip>
Flygflottlj.19(Lento R5)"swedish Gladiators"

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Stick a Fork in Me!
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2000, 06:11:00 AM »

So take your limp wristed attempts at flaming me and go play shoot em up in your "psuedo noodle",leave the flames to someone who knows how to do it right.

Hangtime, you think he's talking about "Willie" here ?
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
Stick a Fork in Me!
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2000, 06:37:00 AM »
Torque,

I'm surprised you only heard 1 ping. The hit flashes started right away and continued as I followed your angle.  I seen at least 9-10 hit flashes and was surprised to see the wing go up, espicially at that range.  It was at an angle from my POV that allowed the tail,  right waist, and top turret to fire. So there was alot of lead out there.

By the way, a little advice, my doll would probably go best with that honey-mustard BBQ sauce.      The pitt's will love ya for it!

Have a Nice Day!    

------------------
Swager
I/JG2~Richthofen~
"Damn.....I can't believe I missed that shot!!!"

JG2 "Richthofen"

[This message has been edited by Swager (edited 05-14-2000).]
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
Stick a Fork in Me!
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2000, 07:39:00 AM »
My My......whats all this fuss about?

Weaz...i think I understand that your unhappy with the gunnery here? Is that correct? Long range shooting? Uber guns?

Fact: There is no other WWII Online Flight Sim currently available that touches this one(I'm not gonna mention the $30.00 a month ) in quality or potential.

If you disagree with this statement, go find it and I'll join ya

My suggestion to you is this....grab a 51....learn how to kill with it....then come talk to me You lookin for a challenge in gameplay, this is it.

Well....I hope ya dont leave, but if ya do, I'll see ya when ya get bak

Rude Out!

Offline SnakeEyes

• Zinc Member
Stick a Fork in Me!
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2000, 08:15:00 AM »
Damn... I thought I was at the AH UBB board... it seems that I ended up at AGW instead.

------------------
SnakeEyes
o-o-o-
=4th Fighter Group=

Offline Azrael

• Zinc Member
Stick a Fork in Me!
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2000, 08:49:00 AM »

Originally posted by SnakeEyes:
Damn... I thought I was at the AH UBB board... it seems that I ended up at AGW instead.

Sniff sniff... this bait smells funny.

Az

-lazs-

Stick a Fork in Me!
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2000, 09:00:00 AM »
Funked... We could set asside one arena and have only "historical" planesets in it and it would attract the elite who would then fly in a much more "realistic" manner.   They could call this arena the... Oh, "Historical Arena" say...They could then come on here and make fun of all the "Quakebirds" who fly in the main arena.   I'm sure that would solve the problem.

Weaz... I know what you are talking about but there is no "realistic" flying in this or any other sim.  No one is forced on suicide missions... No one is forced on missions they don't want to go on in planes that they don't like.. No one is even forced to go on missions! Hell... No one even flys a finger four fer cripes sake.   How can you blame people for hanging out on the fringes?   Some here even want "streaks" to be rewarded making the problem even worse!!

How "realistic" is the mid (15-20K) alt lone wolf fighter hanging out on the edge of combat?   That is what allmost all score/reward weenies want to encourage.
lazs

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Stick a Fork in Me!
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2000, 09:16:00 AM »

.....in it and it would attract the elite who would then fly in a much more "realistic" manner.

OMG, I hate that word....
You mean I would not be able to fly there because I don't have 5 years experience ? What about the "Newbies(far from being elite)" that like historical scenarios ? Are we out ?

Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Stick a Fork in Me!
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2000, 09:34:00 AM »
I may join Weaz after my tour of duty as instructor:
Example:
On the deck in a 190, F4U-1C behind me, D1.0 shot (956 to be specific) 1 shot, 1 ping, 1 dead FW.(I have film, email me if you want it)

Watched a 1C take down 4 bombers , 1 pass a piece.  Uber cannons ruin the historic/Mission planning part of the game.  I came for squad missions, I got uber-dweeebs ruining the game.

As of today, JG2 will no longer run ANY Friday night ops in Main arena.  We will encourage those squads that want organized missions to set up days in Scenario arena.  We're finished with Main arena.

------------------
Ripsnort(-rip1-)
I./JG2~Richthofen~
=CO=Panzer Group Afrika-15th Panzer division
JG2 Communications Officer
Aces High Training Corps

CLICK>> JG2 "Richthofen"
CLICK>> 15th Panzer Division

Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures.  Remember, when
someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it
only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm, grasp the joystick button,
and shoot the sucker down!

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 05-14-2000).]

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Stick a Fork in Me!
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2000, 10:03:00 AM »

You're not kidding Snake Eyes.
 Had to check the url above to see where I was.

-Westy

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
Stick a Fork in Me!
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2000, 10:16:00 AM »
I tend to respect you guys, but this entire "I'm not playing anymore I don't like that plane" thread is making it hard to.

[This message has been edited by Fatty (edited 05-14-2000).]

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
Stick a Fork in Me!
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2000, 10:20:00 AM »
Ok I have a solution.

Hitech needs to put a little text warning message in the "rear view" of our planes, just like we see on the side mirrors of our cars.

WARNING: Objects may be closer than they APPEAR!!

Rip, sorry if it sounds like I am giving you a hard time, but you have flown here long enough to know that if it says 956 on your FE, the other guy could easily have seen 600 to 700 depending on netlag. And while I think 600ish is a long range shot, its not impossible, depending on how you were flying. Only by looking at the film of the shooter can we even try to make an unbiased opinon.

Plus we all have to realize that 1 ping "sound" on our system, does NOT necessarily equal 1 hit flash on the shooters FE.

Anyways, it only takes one small bullet to end a pilots day. The Golden BB. It happens with every gunset in the game.

I would be very sad to see Rip, Weazel, and JG2 leave the game or the arena , but having a plane banned or a gunset "nuetered" is just not the answer in my opinon. Check for bugs, yes, I agree whole heartedily.

But if its correct, I don't see that big a deal with the plane the way it is.

Here is an offer. Next time you are in the arena, look me up. Fly a couple of missions with me as wingmen, and see my point of view on F4U-1Cs. I see them as excellent targets.

Other than that, all I can say is ...

Guys, take a break.   Play with the kids, take the wife to dinner, or mow the grass.  Too much exposure to anything can cause the kind of frustration I am seeing here.

But all said and done, I hope to see you all stick around.  

------------------
Vermillion
**MOL**, Men of Leisure
"Real Men fly Radials, Nancy Boys fly Spitfires"

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
Stick a Fork in Me!
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2000, 11:14:00 AM »
well said Verm
Gotta agree with bug hunting in the hispanos.  I believe there is something wrong with them.  Panzer armor is hardened to the point you can drive up to each ack on a field and keel it with the coax mg, but the hispano birds can still peel the panzers in a single pass.  The Hawg-C gets most of the attention because Torque and several others fly it almost exclusively.  The Hawg-C is also better handling than the tiffie, so it's filling that role also.

Weaz, Rip, I've felt that frustration before.  I had even written an eloquent email to send to HTC detailing exactly why I was leaving.  It got saved instead of sent and took a day or two off.  Came back to the same old same old so I totally changed me flying style.  This is when I swore off bombers and actually learned to fly the fighters.  That took the edge off for a bit, but I ended up more frustrated.  Took close a week off and got a fresh perspective.

Now I'm happily buzzing around killing when I can and running when I can't and for the first time in history my K/D is better than 1/1 (not much better, but it's a start   )

Take a few days to a week off, get a fresh perspective.  It'll do wonders for ya (and always remember to jink 1/2-1sec earlier than normal for netlag, hits are calculated on the shooter's FE)

------------------
CavemanJ
CO, The Wrecking Crew

"Airpower is a thunderbolt launched from an egg shell invisibly tethered to a base."
               --Hoffman Nickerson

To close with and destroy the enemy by use of fire, manuever, and shock effect

Offline Cobra

• Nickel Member
Stick a Fork in Me!
« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2000, 12:10:00 PM »
I respect the JG2, I really do, but what is this...I'm taking my ball and going home if it doesn't go my way??

Its a friggin sim, a game.  These boards crack me up...the Flight Model is not accurate, the ballistic drop is not this,  this style of fighting is dweebish, (this is better than Jerry Springer) And none of us have ever flown these in combat, but 5 yrs of sim experience makes up for that....blah! Then to mention skill...skill, you mean pilot skills....or computer game skills??  

And Rip, your film will show what was on your FE, not the other guys.  I know which incident your referring to....his FE was less.  

I think it would be a mistake for anyone to just leave for 1 aspect of the game, which will probably be addressed at one point, but beware of always DEMANDING things to be tweaked.  The JG2 wanted the tanks hardened, and some threatened to leave then, the tanks got hardened...rightly so, but I'm not real comfortable with the methods...change this or I leave.

So if JG2 leaves the main arena, will the sky fall, no, will we all miss out on some really great fights...yes (including the JG2).

Maybe create your own sim, that would solve  your problems.

Look, is this thing perfect, no, but it sure is the best thing going right now.

Weaz and Rip, maybe just take a break or fly a different style for a while to break up the routine....You guys are great to have around, hate to see u pull up the stakes at this point.

Cobra

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Stick a Fork in Me!
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2000, 12:45:00 PM »
I can understand when someone vents their frustration.  Just because someone throws their golf club in the water hazard doesn't mean they won't be having fun the next time they play.  But it shouldn't go further than that or it becomes unhealthy for this game and community and puts me in a no win situation.

What you complain about is in my area of responsibility, so I'll give you my viewpoint.  My interest is not in continuously changing the game, it's in advancing it.  So I don't like to knee-jerk changes in until I'm convinced it is the proper action.  On issues that are not clearly bugs, this may take some time.  

The downside of this is when people go off the deep end.  For example, I spent yesterday afternoon going over weapons modeling in detail and turned up a few things.  Good news?  Well maybe in that case, but maybe not in the overall scheme of things.  Why?  Because once somebody goes off the deep end, any changes that come about will be perceived as a result of their action.  That perception will frustrate the majority of players who feel the loudest voices are the only ones listened to and will serve to reinforce that as a means to an end. That will degrade this community and our relationship with it.  Alienation is a bad thing.

On the issue of long-range gunnery, I've repeatedly asked for examples of this because I can't do it.  In all this time, only one person has come forward with a film and all it showed was a few hits for a lot of ammo expended, not even a kill.

And finally, I receive many mixed messages, often from the same player.  For example Weaz, you state your discontent here for long range gunnery and people who hang outside of fights and pick people off when they're engaged.  Then in another thread, you state that you'd like to see a Do 335.  In this case, what you say you'd like to see is counter to what you don't like.  

Everybody wants the game fashioned to suit their playing style, but that's not possible.  The one frustration that only a player can fix himself is learning how to not get thrown off their game by other people's playing styles.  If the only way you can enjoy the game is to have everybody else play it exactly the way you want them to, you'll never have fun.

------------------
Doug "Pyro" Balmos
HiTech Creations

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.