Author Topic: Is a Joystick reallyneeded?  (Read 749 times)

Offline Sincraft

• Nickel Member
Is a Joystick reallyneeded?
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2007, 11:15:38 AM »
You'll get more adrenaline from Aces high than WoW.
WoW will probably give you more WOW factor when new and interesting events occur and you will feel 'left out' when you leave and hear about allllllllll these great things happening JUST as you leave.  Then you'll go back in about 6 months, a bit lost then 3 months later - leaving again.

Aces High does NOT require you to play 3-4 hours each night to 'keep up'.  You can play an hour and get your fix, or - as you learn the game, you will want to do new things and look forward to your evening fix. :)

If you don't have a joystick, then look on newegg for a saitek ps33 and purchase the cheapest one you can find, or if you are dirt poor - you could use the mouse but then again , you wouldn't be paying 15 / month if you were dirt poor I would think.

The joystick IS expensive!  It's kick butt though for me at least.  The handle is a bit long bit overall I give it a B for price and use.  I have my flip switches set for VOX (voice chat) , landing gears, flaps etc.  All my handle buttons are mapped to viewing forward to the left to lead shots, primary and sec fire, look up below the hat switch and the right most button to bring up the map.

Don't even bother trying to play this game without a joystick.  UNLESS you want to get frustrated hehe.  

I would also think about running some tests to ensure your connection is good enough for the game as it's not the system so much as it is the connection.  

BTW, this game takes skill.  WoW just takes a semi smart person to exploit the game or, to play LONG hours to 'get ahead'.  Afterwards of which, you havelearned nothing.  

AH2 gives you something back.  It really does.  I'm still pretty new but am learning many things about aircraft of that era.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2007, 01:33:03 PM »
Bruv: I don't doubt that you can still accomplish things with a mouse. People with 1 or no legs can still ski and climb mountains. They're overcoming a handicap with perseverance.

Given the same end result, a joystick is a direct link between thought and input, where a mouse is little Billy on "Family Circus" trying to get from point A to point B.

Offline VSkwidd

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2007, 05:52:25 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
You *can* get around using a wheelchair as well, but if you have 2 working legs it's a thousand times more effective. Same for using a joystick.

that is a perfect instance.

Offline VSkwidd

• Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2007, 05:55:44 PM »
Originally posted by Schatzi
Ive asked many a mouse wielder how they match up views, rudder and flaps in a fight. To the day, NONE of them answered me. Id really like to know.

i flew with a mouse for about 2 days, you cant really tell if your rudder right or left and its hard as hell to do without 10 fingers per hand...

so if you fly with a mouse and can shoot me down,
BRAVO!
i sure as hell cant