Author Topic: HT and Pyro losing interest in AH?  (Read 1420 times)

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
HT and Pyro losing interest in AH?
« on: August 26, 2001, 11:08:00 AM »
Used to be we would see HT and Pyro in the arena often, interacting with the players, answering questions or at least shooting us down.  It was a big differance for me between what was happening at brand WB and here in AH.

Lately I rarely see them.  I guess it could be I am just missing them, but I dont think so.  The answer offered would probably be "we are busy building the new version".  Well, I guess I dont think that work should exclude visits to the arena.  It doesnt take much effort, or hurt the progress to spend 15 minutes in the arena from time to time.  It might even be good break away from everyday toils.

I was looking at a thread in the gameplay forum,  71 posts and not one from the gang at HTC.  A responce in the thread really wasn't needed, but it would be nice just to see something from them to know they are at least looking at them.

Maybe they are getting as bored as I am.  Used to be I could jump in a Panzer when I was bored and go do something differant.  Now with the changes to spawn points, they have all but completely removed the panzers from the game.  I dont care to spend an hour getting to an area where I might find some action.  Hate to say it, but I am thinking about quitting AH for the first time.  It's getting too boring, one of the great changes of pace has been removed for me, and even when we could get into a pnzr battle, the changes to the damage modeling made it extremely frustrating.  Shoot a tank with 10 AP rounds and no noticeable result, you get kinda frustrated. Let a plane strafe you once, your guns dont work.  HUH?

For me, a good thing has gone downhill.  I hope my perceptions are wrong.  Time will tell.

Dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2001, 11:16:00 AM »
programming vs flying
programming vs posting
programming vs appearances

HTC showed how much they pay attention to the BBS topics with 1.07.  I'd much rather they continue doing that than spending more time proving they plan to do it by typing a ton of messages here.

I've noticed whenever HTC has a consice answer to a real problem/issue... they respond immediately.  If there is no consice answer or it is simply an argument, they do not.

AKDejaVu

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2001, 12:07:00 PM »
What makes you think they only fly under the "HT" and "Pyro" handles?

:D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Thorns

• Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/computerpilot/
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2001, 01:24:00 PM »
There has been UFO sightings all the time in the main arena.  I think they have fun experimenting all the time with new ideas...when their time allows.

My hats off to Hitech, Pyro, and the HTC team as I have had a most enjoyable time in Aces High and still do.  Their support has been most attentive.

Thorns

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2001, 01:48:00 PM »
Because they have repeatadly said so Toad.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Buzzbait

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2001, 01:48:00 PM »
S!

They are coming up to a big release and you wonder why they aren't in the Arena???????

Especially since this one includes a big Graphics upgrade??????

Don't know where you work, but these guys are probably putting in 16 hour days minimum.

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2001, 01:49:00 PM »
Hey Curly, dont let your lips get sored puckering up like that!   :)

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2001, 01:58:00 PM »
Oh come on, lets limit the butt kissing on one or two persons!

Big release coming up!  No excuse!    :)

You guys probably think they dont even stop coding to eat or sleep.  Give me a break.

Nate and Superfly are busy as heck doing all those big graphics mentioned, but they still show up in the arena.

There has always been another release coming up, always been more planes coming, etc.  But still HT and Pyro made some appearances to interact with the community.

Its not exactly like they have some hard and fast deadline to meet here.  There is no release date to meet, they will release it when it is ready and they want to release it.

One thing I am sure of, HT and Pyro can and will defend themselves just fine, so lets not all line up to kiss HTs butt.

I dont expect them to answer to me, if they would rather code all day and night and not interact much, that is their choice.   But I would like to know why oh why the GV part of this game has been so screwed up.

[ 08-26-2001: Message edited by: Dago ]

Offline Ozark

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2001, 02:15:00 PM »
Originally posted by Dago:
But I would like to know why oh why the GV part of this game has been so screwed up.

[ 08-26-2001: Message edited by: Dago ]

One reason is the addition of new terrain(s). This will be addressed in 1.08. Remember the part about roads and trains? I think this will enhance the ground war.

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2001, 02:21:00 PM »
I hope you are right Ozark, I hope the new version enhances the ground action.

But, still, why are the spawn points something like an hour plus right now from enemy fields?

dago

Offline jihad

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2001, 02:22:00 PM »
I've seen both HT and Pyro in the MA during the last 3 days.

They can't be there 24-7 you know.

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2001, 02:38:00 PM »
I think they're off eloping.  Should be back soon.

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2001, 02:42:00 PM »
Originally posted by jihad:
I've seen both HT and Pyro in the MA during the last 3 days.

They can't be there 24-7 you know.

See my earlier posts about limiting the number of butt kissers please.  hahahahahha

Offline jihad

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2001, 02:47:00 PM »
Unbunch your panties Dago.

Offline Russian

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2001, 02:48:00 PM »
I know, I know, they are too busy studying *Cough* Playing Il-2 Sturmovik.  :)