Author Topic: Video Problem  (Read 562 times)

Fletchman

Video Problem
« on: July 25, 2000, 02:29:00 PM »
I installed the latest version and now 1024 vid mode causes AH to crash. I get a blank white screen and either a complete lock-up or a dump to desktop. Other resolutions work fine on the TNT2Ultra Vid. Might be the registry got screwed up somehow.  I have to delete video.cfg and start over once 1024 mode is selected.

Ideas?  

Offline kbman

• Copper Member
Video Problem
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2000, 03:09:00 PM »
Hi Fletchman,
              I have a TNTII Ultra and run at 1024 32bit without any issues. One thing I have heard is that you need to have your Windows desktop running at the same resolution as you run the game to avoid crashes as you describe. I have always done this and have never experienced crashes or lockups of this type. All my problems seem to come from RW and the in-game interface.
I hope this helps, its worth a try.

kbman

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Video Problem
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2000, 04:32:00 PM »
Hey Fletch, long time.  That's pretty weird.  When you say it runs other resolutions with no problems, does that include higher resolutions?

------------------
Doug "Pyro" Balmos
HiTech Creations

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Video Problem
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2000, 07:28:00 AM »
Using DX7.A? And what version drivers?
This topic, from hardware, may offer some help:
 http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/Smileys/default/Forum10/HTML/000268.html

-Westy

Fletchman

Video Problem
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2000, 05:52:00 PM »
Yes it ran at 1280, and also the lower resolutions. I think I have figured it out now.  I was running my desktop in 1024 32bit color and AH was crashing when I tried 16bit color.  As suggested, I tried running it at 32 bit color and AH works at that resolution. I am using DirX7.0a with the latest Creative Labs drivers for the TNT2Ultra (dated last month sometime I believe.)  The problem was also evident under the earlier version of the vid driver, since the AH lockups prompted me to check out the CL site for the latest drivers.

And yes its been awhile Pyro (:

I keep tabs on AH and fly some h2h to evaluate new versions, so I fire it up from time to time. Unfortuanately there isn't time enough for two full time Sims right now.