Author Topic: Logitech WingMan Interceptor hooked up to CH Pro Throttle and pedals  (Read 700 times)

air_spro

Just tried this using just the driver not their software and blew my sound blaster awe64 value sound card . Dell is soooo nice even after I told them just what I did they are sending me a new free one . But what in hell did I do wrong ?? Set the speed keys 3 axis 4 button stick . I used the Interceptor driver , installed their software then uninstalled it , the read me said that it would leave the driver and it did .

Should I have used the standard 3 axis 4 button driver in game controlers ?

It is analog stick right ?  Man I am freaked out right now . Don't know what to do next .

Set up worked great with the combat stick but I hated not having 8 way hat , and the one you would modify was to high for me .

Any ideas ? I am sure to have the DT from not playing AH now .   spro

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Logitech WingMan Interceptor hooked up to CH Pro Throttle and pedals
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2000, 09:36:00 PM »
air_spro, I don't understand.  You mean you hooked up your new joystick setup and your sound quit?

------------------
Doug "Pyro" Balmos
HiTech Creations

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

air_spro

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2000, 10:43:00 PM »
YES !

I was running this setup , Ch Combat joystick , Ch Pro Throttle , and Ch Pedals . Works nice too but one thing , no eight way hat . indian told me were the link to make it into a eight way one but the very top most hat is the one your suppose to modify , and it really is quite high up to reach , at least for me so decided to go this way instead .

Was reading this post http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/Smileys/default/Forum10/HTML/000192.html
Camel seemed to like this stick and with the Ch pedals so got one off eBay it was refurbished (this maybe it?) . Well installed the Logitech software then uninstalled it to just leave the drivers . Had the stick hooked to the Pro Throttle to rudders to awe 64 sound card . Set speedkeys to 3 axis 4 button joystick . Then went into control panel , game controlers and set stick to Wingman Intercepter , did a check , windows says yes . Checked to setup , joytick doesn't move in that box , no throttle or hat movement .

GO reboot , have driver error . Try again , no boot , call Dell . We take out all cards , memory , etc . Checking all find that the sound card don't make the beep sound . It's finished !  They are nice about it , I didn't ask for a new one they just offered 8-) , so I have new one coming Airborne Express , but don't want to mess it up again either .  

I have another of these sticks coming , brand new one , was going to send it to my wingie sid in UK .

Well I don't know what I did wrong ?

Got a question on the Logiteck site , in two days they say for a answer .

Just read that others have a Wingman extreme working with a Pro Throttle , Pedals .

God I hate problems , but love having throttle and all the hats etc .

Really don't know what to do next . If loving CH would have made their damn fighter stick with the eight way hat down lower so that a normal guy could reach the damn thing without streching your hand out of shape I would would have ordered one .

spro

ibreh

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2000, 10:08:00 AM »
Hi air  
plz can you give me the link to make the 4 way hat of the combatstick a 8 way hat ?
thx

------------------
ibreh
II./JG2 Richthofen
JG2 "Richthofen"

air_spro

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2000, 02:46:00 PM »
I don't see why you can't mod the lower one , as it's a for way too . Damn top one is up to high IMO for easy use .

Well got the pc to boot with no sound card now     . Gonna try and see if the throttle still works .  spro

http://www.zeb.clara.net/jstick.html

The CH setup works yet   . PLus the Wingman does too , the loving wingman is a digtal stick . It was set up auto on my old pc , downloading newer drivers to see if the rudder option is there then , should be so .

Now how about it guys , what would a good stick for Ch Pro Throttle with a 8 way hat ? One with little or NO problems , hehe .

Now to get that sound card and cure my AH DT's .  spro

------------------
air_rules = Play fair ....Don't worry about points......Keep a sense of humor......Drink Jim Beam......and don't let the fediddlein cat walk on the keyboard.......!!!

air_squadron

[This message has been edited by air_spro (edited 05-09-2000).]

[This message has been edited by air_spro (edited 05-09-2000).]

ibreh

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2000, 04:05:00 PM »
thx  

------------------
ibreh
II./JG2 Richthofen
JG2 "Richthofen"

air_spro

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2000, 12:01:00 AM »
Logitech's reply :

RESOLUTION:
==========
"The WingMan Inteceptor is a digital device.
We do not have the specific information that you have requested about
3rd
party products.  You may be able to locate what you are looking for by
searching the Internet or more specifically by searching news groups
for the
subjects that you have mentioned."

There new software lets you hook digtal stick to analog pedals . But no add on throttle is supported .

Would the Pro Throttle work if I had it hooked up to a game card and the stick and pedals to the sound card ?  Any ideas ?