Author Topic: Midday Play  (Read 857 times)

Offline Zanth

• Silver Member
      • http://www.a-26legacy.org/photo.htm
Midday Play
« on: November 13, 2006, 12:30:05 PM »
I had the day off today (Monday) and I think I see what some people are not as happy with.  This is noon time EST

I didnt realise it got this bad.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 12:33:13 PM by Zanth »

Offline croduh

• Gold Member
Midday Play
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 12:49:37 PM »
My main playing time is when orange is the only arena with players.And there is less than 100 players in it then

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
Midday Play
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 04:22:48 PM »
welcome to my (our) world.
Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
Midday Play
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 05:05:33 PM »
Growth, eh?

:p

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Midday Play
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 05:09:14 PM »
Originally posted by Fruda
Growth, eh?

:p

Actually yes. If you add the numbers up.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
Midday Play
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006, 05:46:55 PM »
Originally posted by Schatzi
Actually yes. If you add the numbers up.

Growth in the sense that more people are playing the game, sure. But, less people are playing in one area, and that really begins to hinder the experience.

Our friends all the way across the globe are missing out on a lot because of this. 156 is not the same as 214 in one arena; it's not even the same as 200. There is a difference between even thirty more players in one arena.

And what of the U.S. prime time? We no longer have the 400+ player capacity. Yet, judging by all of the comments posted so far, we still seem to be having the same issues, just in smaller numbers.

Offline eh

• Copper Member
Midday Play
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2006, 06:02:13 PM »
And what of the U.S. prime time? We no longer have the 400+ player capacity. Yet, judging by all of the comments posted so far, we still seem to be having the same issues, just in smaller numbers.

Sunday Nov 12 US Prime Time:
EW:    48
MW:    99
LW1: 311
LW2: 219

Total players 677. (Did we ever get 677 into the old Main Arena?)

It's true that any LW doesn't have 400 plus anymore, but it's also true that I see less hording and more fights. Many more fights. To me, that's success.

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
Midday Play
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2006, 06:03:21 PM »
Originally posted by eh

It's true that any LW doesn't have 400 plus anymore, but it's also true that I see less hording and more fights. Many more fights. To me, that's success. [/B]

Really? I feel bad about what I said, then. I guess I shouldn't always go by what a select few posters on this board happen to say.

Maybe I'll come back and check out the MA afterall!

Offline FBplmmr

• Silver Member
Midday Play
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2006, 06:10:36 PM »
I play prime time EST US and I am loving the MW arena... there is almost always a red dar bar somewhere on the map.

I'd probably go EW more often but ..

1. I am having fun in MW (love my toothy hellcat)
2. to my knowledge the F4F only comes in light blue... although I like the green 202 in there on ocassion.

does it bother me there are less people in MW..not really ... you can only fight so many at a time anyway(for me that number is one or less hehe )

if 300 people are in an arena.. when if ever would they ever be in the exact same sector much less at the same base?

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
Midday Play
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2006, 06:46:48 PM »
Originally posted by eh

It's true that any LW doesn't have 400 plus anymore, but it's also true that I see less hording and more fights. Many more fights. To me, that's success. [/B]

Weekends would get over 200+ per country in prime time, so yes the old MA did get 600+.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Re: Midday Play
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2006, 06:54:22 PM »
Originally posted by Zanth
I had the day off today (Monday) and I think I see what some people are not as happy with.  This is noon time EST

I didnt realise it got this bad.

Hey Zanth, welcome back to AH. Look at it another way...combine the orange & blue LW arena and you have 186 folks...more than you'd usually see a year ago at the same time/day/month a year ago.

Granted, EW and MW don't usually gain any momentum until USA evening hours, but it's fun to find some good 1v1 fights in both those arenas, despite the low #'s.

Have faith...it's coming along.

Offline Sweet2th

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Midday Play
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2006, 08:14:54 PM »
Hey Zanth, you ever think maybe a majority of the people who play are at work during those times?some of us do have jobs.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Midday Play
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2006, 09:07:43 PM »
Originally posted by FBplmmr
although I like the green 202 in there on ocassion.

Dude, the classic desert fresco on the gold inlaid 202 is far and away the most superior decoration - nay, inspiration - of any plane in AH.  It speaks of excellence, tradition, devotion to art and beauty.....I become emotional just contemplating its meaningfulness....

Ditch the green pond slime, stick with the gentleman's crafted rapier.

- oldman

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: Midday Play
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2006, 09:37:59 PM »
Originally posted by Zanth
I had the day off today (Monday)  

Heya Zanth,
glad to see a post from you,  hope all is okay in your neck of the woods and health wise as well!!

( you know where we are :)  )
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline FBplmmr

• Silver Member
Midday Play
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2006, 09:39:20 PM »
Originally posted by Oldman731
Dude, the classic desert fresco on the gold inlaid 202 is far and away the most superior decoration - nay, inspiration - of any plane in AH.  It speaks of excellence, tradition, devotion to art and beauty.....I become emotional just contemplating its meaningfulness....

Ditch the green pond slime, stick with the gentleman's crafted rapier.

- oldman

um after that I will somehow feel "DIRTY" if i fly that:eek:

just kidding.. I will give it a whirl.. "it aint cool if your chrome dont shine"