Author Topic: pyro i dont hope I gotta seld my sblive card to make this game working...  (Read 2373 times)

Offline air_guard

• Nickel Member
It shouldnt be necesarry to use skuzzys link to just make this problem to go away, ive tryed everything he wrote  except  changing my soundcard that is a sblive card.
AND REALLY IF U GUYS CANT MAKE THIS GAME WORK WITH IT U SHOULD SHUT IT DOWN.
This have been a day with 2 lockups on a row again and will unsubscribe this game if i cant get a pretty clear answer thats something is being done  or you guys just read this thread !!!!!
ive folloed every step skuzzy wrote execpt the removing of the sb live card AND I WILL NOT DO THAT FOR ONE SINGLE GAME NOT WORKING !

good luck

airguard

[This message has been edited by air_guard (edited 07-26-2000).]

[This message has been edited by air_guard (edited 07-31-2000).]

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
Cel 400@450, 128Mb, TNT2u, SbLive and W98se works fine in here ?

Offline RangerBob

• Zinc Member
I'mm not sure what your problem is. If you could provide more detail some of us might be able to help.

I have a soundblaster live and it works fine in Aces High. I have a PIII 750mhz, geforce card 32, and 128 ram. I haven't had any problems with this card so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Ranger Bob

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Check your liveware version I got lot of trouble with v3.0 (before AH) currently I use without trouble the v2.0 ...

Offline maik

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.jg301.de
P"-300, Vodoo3/300, 128MB AND SBLive work fine here too.

Please provide more info about ur system.
Besides liveware, what ur Driver-Version?

Maik

Offline air_guard

• Nickel Member
well its difficult to tell what the problem is since the computer lock up so hard that nothing works.
And its weird that it can take days without any lockups with hours of play and other days i have 5 to 6 lockups in 3 hours.
this usually happens after i climbed up to 20k or played for more than 10 minutes.
what happend is that everything freez in under 1 sec, and then nothing works :keyboard out,mouse out no button ctrl,alt and del dont work. no messages only thing to do is a hard reboot.
skuzzy had a very good thread here and i follow everything of his suggestions exept the sblive card change.
Anyway i like the game and will continue playing,
And have also ordered mylseve new case,motherboard,sdram and cpu today .
hmm ! and sorry for my bad temper on that earlyer post it just is so irritating when it happening  
a good nights sleep always get me calmer hehe  

airguard

[This message has been edited by air_guard (edited 07-27-2000).]

Offline 214thCavalier

• Silver Member
TNT card ??
Just read that Creative have released some new drivers based on Nvidia .530 drivers but altered to cure some locking up problems in certain games.
May be of some help.

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
Are you sure the soundcard is your problem?  Many, many, MANY things can cause lockups.  One more thing (don't know if it has been suggested before) is to make sure your soundcard is not sharing interrupts with other devices. (video card, modem, etc)

You will also want DX7A and at least 64MB of RAM.  Just so we don't overlook the obvious, run scandisk and check for any errors.  (This has happened to me before.   )

More things to try:  Check video card, soundcard, modem, processor, ram to be sure they are tight in their slots.  You may also try turning down Direct Sound acceleration a notch or two.

Good Luck!  

------------------
bloom25
THUNDERBIRDS

Offline air_guard

• Nickel Member
my system now is
cpu          PIII450
mainb.       abit bh6bx
ram          196 100 ram
hd           wd 21gb ata 66

video        guilmont/hercules gforce ddr32mb
ive tried all drivers original and ndivia from 5.22 to 5.32 lockups with all but the 5.30 seems to be best in frame.

soundcard sblive with 3.0 drivers now but also tried the 2.0 drivers

checked for irq shared and none sharing now since i disabled lpt1 and com 1
im not using slot one for pci since it share irq with the agp slot.

isdn card     teles pci bri3 with 3.34 drivers also tried the 3.30 drivers.

other stuff in my pc is:
aopen 32x cdplayer
hp 8100 cd writer
hp 880c printer usb
hp 4100 scanner usb

microsoft force feedback joystick

im also using 3 diffrent isp`s
wicth is telenor nextel,tele2 and cybercity
all within scandinavia.

been trying the cache setting manual and within the windows enviroment.

anyway ive ordered some new stuff and will check if its the hardware that way lol  

airguard

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
I understand your frustration AG.  I wish I had an easy answer that didn't amount to me grasping at straws.  Here's something that may help isolate it a bit.  When you're not going to be using your computer for awhile, could you just fire up AH in offline mode and let it fly to see if you experience a lockup in offline play?  Seeing as you've pretty much covered all the bases, this could help isolate if the right systems have been focused on.  

------------------
Doug "Pyro" Balmos
HiTech Creations

Offline air_guard

• Nickel Member
pyro i dont hope I gotta seld my sblive card to make this game working...
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2000, 12:45:00 PM »
That was an good idea pyro ill do that and just leave the pc and see what happens  
and ive tried about 2 hours with offline flying puhh its boring  
seems ok then so it could be an isp problem.
I have this feeling that my pc locks up instead off just disconnect.
ill look closer at this and try even more offline flying  
think more hours needed to see what happen

airguard

[This message has been edited by air_guard (edited 07-30-2000).]

kiljoy

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2000, 11:22:00 AM »
air-guard,

PYRO sent me this link. http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/Smileys/default/Forum10/HTML/000294.html  

I'll bet your problem was the same as mine.  IRQ conflicts.  Its something we don't consider anymore, but is back again.  

I had your problem and this cleaned it right up.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2000, 11:55:00 AM »
I used to have this problem on my other systems.  It stemmed from a bus-mastering conflict between my sound card and my NIC card.  The problem actually was with the NIC card itself.  I disabled bus-mastering on it and everything was fine.

It had the exact same symptoms... 3 days without a lockup then BAM... 8 in a row.

I realize you may not be using a bus-mastering NIC card.. so I don't really have any suggestions other than moving your SBLive to slot 2 and making sure there isn't a card in 5 (or vise-versa).

There is only so much that HTC has control over.  Your problem seems to be outside of that scope.  Good luck.

AKDejaVu

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2000, 12:26:00 PM »
By the way.. using 40 !'s in a row is seen as one word.  This causes the entire thread to be widened meaning a scroll bar is needed at the bottom.  Could you please limit this to only a few !'s?

AKDejaVu

Offline air_guard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2000, 12:46:00 PM »
lol yes didnt really maked sence to use all those !`s sorry  .
still trying ah offline and now 10 hours with no lockup lol.

airguard