Author Topic: pyro i dont hope I gotta seld my sblive card to make this game working...  (Read 2366 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
pyro i dont hope I gotta seld my sblive card to make this game working...
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2000, 07:22:00 AM »

Originally posted by air_guard:
It shouldnt be necesarry to use skuzzys link to just make this problem to go away, ive tryed everything he wrote  except  changing my soundcard that is a sblive card.
AND REALLY IF U GUYS CANT MAKE THIS GAME WORK WITH IT U SHOULD SHUT IT DOWN.
This have been a day with 2 lockups on a row again and will unsubscribe this game if i cant get a pretty clear answer thats something is being done  or you guys just read this thread !!!!!
ive folloed every step skuzzy wrote execpt the removing of the sb live card AND I WILL NOT DO THAT FOR ONE SINGLE GAME NOT WORKING !

good luck

airguard

[This message has been edited by air_guard (edited 07-26-2000).]

[This message has been edited by air_guard (edited 07-31-2000).]

It's not about the SBLive not working with AH.  The problem I was pointing out, which was and is parculiar to my system, is my system was out of interrupts for the PCI bus, which was going to force the sharing of interrupts with other devices.

If your SBLive card is sharing an interrupt with another active device, you most likely will experience lockups, with any software that uses the card and the shared device at the same time.
If I chose not to use the ATI Rage MAXX card, I could have used the SBLive card, as the MAXX video card requires 2 interrupts.

I could not use the SBLive card with any game that also is a multi-player Internet game.

It has absolutely nothing to do with AH.

Is your SBLive card sharing an interrupt with any other device?

Check this by going to "Start"->"Settings"->"Control Panel".
Open the "System" folder, then select the "Device Manager" tab.
For each peripheral you have installed in your computer, click on the "+" sign in the device list, select the device and press the "Properties" button.
Then select the "Resources" tab and scroll through the list of resources until you find the "Interrupt" and make note of the number.

Do this for each peripheral plugged into your PCI/USB/AGP/ISA buses.  If any of them are using the same interrupt as the SBLive card, you will need to either re-arrange the cars in the PCI bus based on the motherboard sharing arrangement of interrupts.

Windows will merrily allow interrupts to be shared between the buses and not complain about any conflicts.

Hope this helps.

------------------
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
President, AppLink Corp.
http://www.applink.net
skuzzy@applink.net
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2000, 10:08:00 PM »
Had vid card (lock up)and snd card (wouldn't start AH) irq conflicts with my nic (cable modem). I corrected mine (Abit board) by moving cards to differet PCI slots. Now nic has own irq.  
gl
Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2000, 10:15:00 PM »
If I'm reading your sys specs right:

"isdn card teles pci bri3 with 3.34 drivers also tried the 3.30 drivers."

it looks like your isdn is in the 3rd PCI slot which shares it's interrupt with your ATA 66 hard drive controller. If your Abit is setup like mine. Move them around and watch BIOS info screen during bootup to verify IRQ assignments.
cu
Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline air_guard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2000, 09:02:00 AM »
ohhhmygod  

well i rip apart my pc when the new hardware came.
And now ive been more carful with settings in bios.
ive assigend all problems card (2 of them )
my isdn teles pci blah blah blah card.
and the sblive card.
if their not assinged properly they fek up irq`s.
and the good thing is i havent had any hard lockups now just disco`s (only 2 after the hardware change)
and that looks good.

what can i say :   thanks alot skuzzy and eagler this one helped me out and keep on the goood work  

airguard

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2000, 06:50:00 PM »
Glad to be of help.

------------------
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
President, AppLink Corp.
http://www.applink.net
skuzzy@applink.net
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline 214thCavalier

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2000, 06:44:00 PM »
Just a small point that may save time, when checking the above in Device manager just highlight Computer and click properties this will at a glance show you the useage of all your IRQ without the need to select properties for each and every device you have.

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2000, 09:01:00 PM »
never mind

[This message has been edited by easymo (edited 08-08-2000).]