Author Topic: white gunsights and missing sounds after changeing planes  (Read 551 times)

Offline revsm23

• Zinc Member
white gunsights and missing sounds after changeing planes
« on: November 05, 2001, 02:36:00 PM »
my system:

AMD athlon 1.4 gig
256 ddr ram
geforce 2 64ddr
direct x 8.0
soundblaster live value
all current drivers for my hardware

After landing and changing planes, the next plane I get into no matter what it is unless its a boat is missing the gunsight bmp and in its place is "default.bmp" which is all white and opaque unless I change the opacity to completely clear. I don't think this is the same thing as the other people who are geting white screens because it is only in the gunsights.
Also certin sounds are missing like gunfire vehicle engine sound and really just about everything eccept plane engine noise. The only way i can get around this is to restart the game whenever I want to change planes.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2001, 03:06:00 PM »
You have the hybris virus on your computer.  I'm almost certain of that.  Update your virus scanner to find and remove it.

If it was just a white gunsight I'd say your gunsights don't meet the 1.08 specs, but the combination of the white gunsight and sounds missing on the second plane upped in a session is like a DNA match to the hybris virus.

Offline revsm23

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2001, 03:19:00 PM »
Thanks!
I'm going to fix that as soon as I get home!

Offline revsm23

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2001, 10:59:00 AM »
Well I tried scaning for that virus and I found 2 versions of the virus infecting 34 of my files. NONE of which could be fixed by norton. Some of those files are irreplaceable so i guess im pretty much stuck.   :(

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2001, 06:13:00 PM »
try www.avp.com
norton is not the only anti virus program out there.

The first time I ever encountered a virus, guess what it hit seemed to hit first?  Norton.  I went to avp, and their demo did, what norton could not

SKurj

Offline revsm23

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2001, 01:10:00 PM »
ASSOCIATION OF VOLLEYBALL PROFESSIONALLS? I hope you just put the wrong url, either way thats funny!

Offline revsm23

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2001, 01:19:00 PM »
I think you might have ment www.kaspersky.com  or www.avpsea.com  but I got the idea and will try it as soon as I get home.
Thanks!