Author Topic: Hitech !!  (Read 707 times)

Offline Robert

• Copper Member
      • http://home.midsouth.rr.com/rwysairwar/
Hitech !!
« on: May 11, 2000, 12:58:00 AM »
was wondering if you ever got the CH F-16 FIGTHER stick off your desk and figured out what the problem is with it.
Im still having the sticky view problems with it.

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Hitech !!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2000, 03:14:00 AM »
Geees ! I'm sure he will answer you real fast now !  
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

funked

Hitech !!
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2000, 03:19:00 AM »
I'm having the same stick view problems with CH CombatStick/CH Pro Throttle/CH Pedals

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Hitech !!
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2000, 08:23:00 AM »
 I have a CH Pro Throttle and F16 fighterstick combo and I don't experience the sticky view at all.  I can check my Speedkeys set up for the timing settings I use and see if changing yours could help.
 I also use a CH Gamecard III btw, and I have it tweaked just right ( I manualy set the value in my autoexec).

-Westy

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Hitech !!
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2000, 12:34:00 PM »
I have a CH Combatstick, Pro Throttle, and Pro Pedals with a CH Gamecard Auto III like Westy.  No sticky views problems here either.  I can also furnish a Speedkeys file upon request for those interested.  I wonder if the sticky views aren't somehow related to key repeat rates?  I used to run into similar problems in AW until I tinkered with repeat rate settings in Speedkeys.

-- Todd/DMF

air_spro

Hitech !!
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2000, 03:46:00 PM »
If you would check the help files on Ch site they say to set all key inputs to macro's and to slow down the rate of key signal into buffer . Is easy to do , I did and no more "sticky" keys . Below is the CH fix copyed from their web site . gl spro

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With some motherboards and keyboard configurations, sometimes there is a problem with "sticky keys". Although there isn't a downright fix, we have an explanation as well as some things that would help reduce this annoying occurrence.
When you program your Pro Throttle or Fighterstick, your computer recognizes it exactly as it would a keyboard. There is a signal sent for "key down" (when you press a key), and "key up" (when you depress a key). As on a keyboard, if you hold a key down, it will repeat, until you release the key and send a signal for "key up". When you repeat keys or press many keys at a time, there is a buffer on your motherboard that will hold the key presses until they can be processed. Usually this doesn't come into play when you type since you type much slower than the motherboard can handle.

Unfortunately, the Pro Throttle is as fast, or even faster, than your motherboard's keyboard port, and oftentimes the buffer becomes full. When the buffer is full, sometimes individual signals get lost. When you input key commands, sometimes the signal that was lost is the "key up" command. Therefore, your key "sticks", or repeats the key, because it does not know to stop since the command to stop has been lost. Also, some games themselves contribute to this problem in the way they handle keyboard inputs. You'll see that if you're in Notepad or a similar text editor, the keys will not stick.

There are a couple of things you can do to help your keyboard buffer:

Verify that you've set all keyboard commands as a macro and not as single key. Setting it as single key will give the key as twice. This is a known issue.
Increase your repeat delay in Speedkeys. If you increase the number, keys will come less frequently, thereby lowering the chances of loading up your keyboard buffer.
Try a serial mouse. If you use a PS/2 mouse with a keyboard, it basically doubles up your input into the PS/2 port (it must now handle the keyboard and mouse, thereby increasing the chances of the buffer getting filled). If you move to a serial mouse, then you free up more space for your pro throttle to send signals.
Try a different keyboard. Make sure your keyboard is a standard keyboard and does not have any programmable functions.
Try a "buffer character" in Speedkeys. Sometimes if you interject a buffer character it will serve as second chance for the release character to get through. For example, if you program "A" for left strafe, then "X" as a dummy character, then the keyboard must press A, release A, press X (which means nothing so it won't affect the game), and release X. Therefore, you get 2 release inputs for the price of one.

------------------
air_rules = Play fair ....Don't worry about points......Keep a sense of humor......Drink Jim Beam......and don't let the fediddlein cat walk on the keyboard.......!!!

air_squadron

Offline Robert

• Copper Member
      • http://home.midsouth.rr.com/rwysairwar/
Hitech !!
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2000, 02:47:00 PM »
thanks for the replys guys.
i've tried everything that could think of.
settings in speed key,new keyboard,talked to the ppl at ch,talked to Hitech followed every bit of advice i could find.
still have the same trouble. if i use the macro commands things get even worse than they are when i use the hatswitch commands.
Hitech even called then at ch and got the F-16 stick so he could look at it as well.
only reason i made this post was to see if he ever got the chance to set it up and try it out because i never see him online so i could ask him there. last i heard he had it on the desk but hasn't had the chance to try it out.  
i read all the post and followed westy's advice from everyone. Westy & DMF im willing to try anything to get this working send what ever you think may help me.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
Hitech !!
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2000, 03:39:00 PM »
Also using Combatstick, Pro throttle, Pro pedals, and Auto Gamecard III with no probs.  I will also furnish Speedkeys files if anyone wants them.

popeye
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline -moto-

• Zinc Member
Hitech !!
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2000, 03:52:00 PM »
same here F-16 fighter stick Pro Throttle,
pro rudders, but with a PDI game card.
No probs here.

Moto

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Hitech !!
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2000, 07:23:00 PM »
Robert, I just sent you my speed keys file. Try it. I hope it helps.

-Westy

(westy@aceshighcs.com)