Author Topic: CV travels through mountains  (Read 269 times)

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
CV travels through mountains
« on: November 18, 2006, 11:34:57 AM »
Bunch of us in LWorange just saw a cv travel over land, through a mountain & back out to sea on the other side.  C63 I believe (Bish).  Tried to take off from it while on land and it immediately kills ya.  

Also, what's with the white ring around cons now? Annnnndddd, can't see shore batt splashes in the water.  Enemy cv was only 9-10k from SB & I couldn't see any splashes.  I heard if you crank your detail sliders all the way up, you can, but we shouldn't have to.  Never had to before.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
Re: CV travels through mountains
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 01:46:55 PM »
Originally posted by USRanger
Also, what's with the white ring around cons now?

:huh
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 06:57:26 PM »
Let me re-word that.  It's not a ring around em, cons are outlined in white.  Not the only one seeing it either.  I saw people talkin about it on 200.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline MadBull

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2006, 09:57:05 PM »
I to am a victim of the outlines on the cons. The main outline odf the cons show up as a greyish glowing box outline of the plane untill you get under d800 I believe.

And it even records that way on films to.

I tried re-doing the cache that Kev367th talked about in another thread but that didn't fix it. I even maxed my sliders all the way to the left but it is still there. But it doesn't do it on every plane. I've mainly noticed it on the F4u's but I did see the anomaly outline on a zeke also.

I was also witness to the cv bug. I seen it in both late war arena's tonight. And on one instance some of our country could see the CV and take off from it approx 50 miles north from where my squaddie and I could see it. And when we went to take off from it it let us lift off and launch lvt's from the position it was in on our front end. About 50 miles south from where our countrymen were using it to attack a airfield.:huh

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2006, 11:32:50 PM »
I've only noticed that on the Spitfires. Maybe because they have such dark colors.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2006, 02:58:29 AM »
These are unrelated problems to the mini-freeze bug.

But the outline on F4Us and Spits is caused by -

To save on polygons, the aircraft shapes are gradually made simpler the further and further you are from them.
To maintain a reasonable shape a 'mask' is used to 'smooth' the outline.
What you are seeing is the mask.
No amount of redoing the cache will fix that, it's something that can only be altered in the model.

CV Overland -
Return of old bug that WAS fixed.
Also related to another bug that is back, where the CV appears in two different places to different players.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 03:00:43 AM by Kev367th »
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory