Author Topic: Mapping RW activation to joystick button problems...  (Read 757 times)

Offline Torgo

• Zinc Member
Mapping RW activation to joystick button problems...
« on: November 05, 2000, 10:24:00 AM »
Thought I'd try asking again in this forum.

My Roger Wilco works fine, with me using the "T" key on the keyboard, and holding it down.

However, I have a CH F-16 Combat Stick and would like to map the activation key to the joystick.

However, this does not work..have tried several buttons so far (3,4,5) and it doesn't work (setting those buttons to "T" in the stick mapping.)

I presume it's because these buttons do not work while "held down."

I don't see anything in the AH mapping routines about setting "sticky select" etc. as in WB, which I presume is my problem.

I guess I could try the fire button but I really don't want my radio mapped to that (since that DOES continually send a signal while held down.)

What can I do?  

Offline Wardog

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2000, 03:42:00 PM »
I have a CH F16 Combat stick and had it mapped to one of my buttons back in beta. I then switched it back to T key, but after a year i dont remember why.

So ill try to map it to one of my stick buttons again and see what happens.

Dog out..

Offline Paxil

• Copper Member
      • http://marathontoathens.blogspot.com
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2000, 10:28:00 AM »
I have a different stick (MS FF-Pro)... but I have been unable to get RW mapped to joystick also. Tried many different ways... and buttons... but none worked.

elviselvis

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2000, 06:33:00 PM »
I too am trying to get JS i have logitech wingman 3d Extreme on W2k with Directx 8.0 and still trying to get RW mapped to a button ill post if i have any luck
Regards,  
Elvis

Offline maddog

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2000, 11:11:00 AM »
Have X36 combo and used offline Saittek config to program RW key.... could not program in game... works great now...
doc

Offline Vosper

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2000, 07:19:00 PM »
Maybe you could try making one of the CH buttons a Direct X button, then remap the press-to-talk command thru the ingame setup to the same Direct X button.  I have done this with the left/right brakes and a few other commands - but for a Saitek.  I don't see why it wouldn't work for CH.

Cheers

Offline maddog

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2000, 10:38:00 AM »
I use the X36 Saitek and I used their program to map key (unused in AH) to my keyboard transmit key.. works great.. try whatever mapping program the JS maker supplied and map that one  key to "T".
doc

Offline PC

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2000, 09:49:00 PM »
Maddog, Maybe you can help me, I just got a X36 and everything looks good but for the RW thing. I cannot get it to work. I want to use sge for this but no go. The key I use for rw is  and I see that my key that I have setup on the x36 only work in the radio buffer and not in notepad and will not "transmit".
???

PC

Crankshaft

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2000, 01:32:00 AM »
Any of  you thrustmaster guys out there shouldn't have any problems, with the t key. Just use Fox 2's Korgy program. Click the t on the menu keyboard, find the button you want to insert it to and insert it. This works with any F22 stick or FLCS. It also works with the Stickworks digital upgrade, which is the best thing going IMO. You guys with the CH problems, are you using Speedkeys, and a Pro Throttle as well?

Had One of Everything!
Cranki

Offline K-KEN

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cutthroats.com
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2000, 11:30:00 AM »
Good question and answers, ideas.
I have a 3+ year old MS FF stick-the one with the fan built in.  I think the MS folks coulduse the "SHIFT" button on the base and the "FIRE" button combo.  I have a macro set up on my SHIFT/FIRE setting.
   One last though, try setting RW to VOICE Activated.  One of my squad mates has his set that way, and every time he coughs, we hear his lung passing by the coctpit!  

K-KEN

http://www.cutthroats.com/

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2000, 01:16:00 PM »

Originally posted by PC:
Maddog, Maybe you can help me, I just got a X36 and everything looks good but for the RW thing. I cannot get it to work. I want to use sge for this but no go. The key I use for rw is  and I see that my key that I have setup on the x36 only work in the radio buffer and not in notepad and will not "transmit".
???

PC
PC
I use the little button next to your left thumb on the X36 throttle for transmit. I have it mapped as "t" (w/o quotes). The action of the button under the advance tab is a lower case t in the first window, nothing in the second window,and an upper case T in the third window. Make sure your time on both is 0.0 seconds.

Hope this helps

Eagler

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals