Author Topic: Terrain Flickering  (Read 508 times)

Offline usarmy

• Zinc Member
Terrain Flickering
« on: September 20, 2001, 07:09:00 AM »
I've notice that recently the terrain in the regular version flickers...I see blueish white lines flashing all throughout the terrain.

Here are my specs:

AMD T-Bird 900mHz, Geforce 2 MX With 14.10 drivers, 640mb RAM, WinME, DSL connection

usarmy
CO, Rogue Squadron
"Shoot Em in the Face"

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
Terrain Flickering
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2001, 12:31:00 PM »
First, make sure V-synch is ENABLED.  I don't know how to do this in your drivers.  If you can't find the option, search the web for Powerstrip or a similar tool to help you ensure V-synch is on.

Second, you might want to try a different driver version.  Although with WinME, I have no idea what to suggest.  Did you update drivers recently?  If so, go back to what you had before.  If not, you can try going to the 21.x versions and see if that fixes it.

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
Terrain Flickering
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2001, 10:44:00 PM »
A quick fix would be to use the beta version and under video check "enable mip mapping."

The other way to fix it is to (bear with me, from memory here):
Right click desktop> properties > settings tab > advanced button > if there is a direct X tab pick it > look for "mip mapping level" and change it from "best image" to "high quality."  You may have to pick the "advanced direct3d properites" to see this pull down menu.

Offline sprint

• Copper Member
Terrain Flickering
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2001, 11:42:00 PM »
usarmy ..This may be too simple  BUT have you tried the the best view setting?

Shift/F1 .. the best
Shift/F2 .. 2nd best .. but will cause flickers some times

sprint
*MOL*

[ 09-20-2001: Message edited by: sprint ]

Offline usarmy

• Zinc Member
Terrain Flickering
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2001, 03:20:00 AM »
I have enabled fast linear-mipmap-linear filtering under my openGL settings tab, and have changed mipmap detail level to high image quality. I will post the results after some gameplay. Thanks for the help.

usarmy
CO, Rogue Squadron
"Shoot Em in the Face"

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
Terrain Flickering
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2001, 08:01:00 PM »
usarmy... AH is not in OpenGL so any changes you make under that tab do nothing in AH

SKurj