Author Topic: ROE for taking a base  (Read 939 times)

Offline 68Ripper

• Nickel Member
ROE for taking a base
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2006, 08:37:35 AM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
If you right-click on the knee board (map) and choose radar, you will see each field is surrounded by a radar circle. Once an enemy crosses the radar circle, that field will start to blink.

If you see a field blinking and no aircraft dots on radar, the reasons could be ...

1) You are under attack by ground vehicles ... they do not show on radar.

2) There is a possible NOE (Nap of Earth) attack on the field. Enemy planes that fly 500 ft or lower AGL (Above Ground Level) do not show up as dots on radar.

or

3) If your radar is down (the ring around the airbase is red) there could be aircraft inbound and you cant see them on map. Bottom line it means there is enemy near that field in the air or on the ground.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 08:42:15 AM by 68Ripper »
Ironic
Fistful of Aces

I had a psychic girlfriend once, but she left me before we met

When I got home last night, my wife demanded that I take her someplace expensive....  so, I took her to a gas station

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
ROE for taking a base
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2006, 09:08:42 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
I have no interest in the hamster wheel waste of time that is taking bases but...

I have one thought on the whole thing...

If you are into base taking to "win the war"....  are you into base defending as well?

I mean... to "win" you have to have bases.   Do you wish to fly high cap over contested bases in order to kill the other people who think like you do before they kill your bases?

Wouldn't you be just as valuable to the whole base capture type of gameplay if you defended your own bases?

The furballers won't bother because it is boring so you base takers who are immune to boredom should be the likely ones to do it.   Heck.. it should be even more "excieting" to kill a sorta not ai thing like the mouse weilding fluff who is only 2/3 ai rather than a bunch of total ai buildings.

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

Just what has this to do with what the guy was asking about?

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

But I guess this is your rant for the day looking at other threads.

"Hamster Wheel"
Thats rich, coming from -
Takeoff, fly to the middle, kill or get killed

That isn't a hamster wheel?
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
ROE for taking a base
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2006, 09:11:50 AM »
Originally posted by Kev367th

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

"Hamster Wheel"

LOL well said KEV!!     :rofl
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
ROE for taking a base
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2006, 09:16:24 AM »
yeah but... they fight back and they are real people in em.  people by nature are different.... every outhouse in the game is the same.   I can see kevs point tho...  every fight seems the same to him... seconds after the other guys gets close to him... kev dies.  It's not like that for everyone tho.

lazs

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
ROE for taking a base
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2006, 09:18:24 AM »
I have no interest in the hamster wheel waste of time that is taking bases but...

If you are into base taking to "win the war"....  are you into base defending as well?

I mean... to "win" you have to have bases.   Do you wish to fly high cap over contested bases in order to kill the other people who think like you do before they kill your bases?

Wouldn't you be just as valuable to the whole base capture type of gameplay if you defended your own bases?

The furballers won't bother because it is boring so you base takers who are immune to boredom should be the likely ones to do it.   Heck.. it should be even more "excieting" to kill a sorta not ai thing like the mouse weilding fluff who is only 2/3 ai rather than a bunch of total ai buildings.

lazs

Jesus man...don't you give up ?  Look at the guys question then look how new he is then look how many posts he's made.

I know you gotta get your world record for number of post per day (9.75) and your world record for same topic posts and world record for talking it more than playing it BUT ffs ......some kinda context man :rolleyes:

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
ROE for taking a base
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2006, 09:25:51 AM »
I will strive to put as much variety into my posts as you do.

lazs

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
ROE for taking a base
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2006, 09:30:43 AM »
Black Jack just ignore Lazs, he just likes to argue in the forums..  Spend a little more time in here and you will see what I'm talking about. :)
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline Black Jack

• Copper Member
ROE for taking a base
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2006, 11:48:11 AM »
Well to answer  Lazs2 comment I will give u an example coming from the point of view of a guy who just spent the last month playing compare to your "years" of expertise. The other night i was doing just that, defending my base of incoming bogeys. At one point we were 25 little green dots over that particular airfield. About 15 aircraft tried to come to our base in an hour. With the number of us after them because they did not come together but as squads of 3 and 4, I'm sorry man but they did not have a hope in hell to be able to go back to their base alive.  So I thought, hey it would be great if we could spare 10 or 15 of our guys to be able to go and get this ennemy  base witch is only 25 miles away. But most of the guys just wanted to stay there and defend. So basically what i was thinking is, whoa, these guys are playing a Combat flight simulator but they are only flying around waiting for an ennemy to come by so they can go or we can go 3 or 4 of us after this one guy. Now maybe this is the way they want to play and that's fine with me but i was trying to get some people to try something different. Maybe trying something different is "wrong" for a real ace who plays for points. For myself, forget the points. I'm into trying and learning everything i can because i don't come back half the time i leave with a plane. The same guy can kill me 10 times in a row. But i try to learn 1 thing, everytime he shoots me full of holes. And that is why i play. Thanks

Black 70.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
ROE for taking a base
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2006, 12:10:13 PM »

No, actually, it's about the farthest thing from it.  

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Virage

• Silver Member
ROE for taking a base
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2006, 12:11:00 PM »
3 BBS points to Laz for flamebait, hijack and insult.  Way to go!  :aok
JG11

Vater

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
ROE for taking a base
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2006, 02:37:53 PM »
i meant to keep ostis and m16s from getting to town and panzers from killing troops etc
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Offline Quah!

• Copper Member
ROE for taking a base
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2006, 02:54:21 PM »
Did anyone see Dogfights 2 weeks ago.  In that episode the pilot and creator of the Top Gun program said himself, no two dogfights are the same.  So much for the hamster wheel thing huh.

Offline plank

• Nickel Member
ROE for taking a base
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2006, 05:21:32 PM »
Originally posted by Quah!
Did anyone see Dogfights 2 weeks ago.  In that episode the pilot and creator of the Top Gun program said himself, no two dogfights are the same.  So much for the hamster wheel thing huh.

No two hamsters are the same, ask my proctologist. Wait... forget I said that.

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ltar.org
ROE for taking a base
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2006, 10:13:19 PM »

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

"Hamster Wheel"

:rofl :lol :rofl :rofl :lol :p

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
ROE for taking a base
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2006, 08:25:54 AM »

lazs

Lazs, it's a game with rules, the following is from the official Aces II High documentation on the game:

"Capturing territory through the use of air, land and sea power is the objective of Aces High. "

The object of the game is to capture and hold territory.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes