Author Topic: ROE for taking a base  (Read 936 times)

Offline Black Jack

• Copper Member
ROE for taking a base
« on: November 19, 2006, 05:20:25 PM »
Hello guys, I am the kind of player who plays to win wars. I want to take bases so i can be closer to the enemy and invade him. I would like to know what is the order of actions to take over an enemy base. I know that u have to bomb the town first. Now do u have to destroy all buildings completely before u can drop troops or u can have a few left and u can still drop them? Is there specific buildings in the town that needs to be destroyed? What do u have to destroy in the airfield to take it over? Do u actually have to take out anything in the airfield to take it over?  Do u need vehicles at all to take it over? I tried to find this info somewhere and i couldn't find it so if somebody has a link to those answers that's great.  I fly or drive whatever it takes to invade the ennemy, but HOW u do it is my biggest problem. Black70 out. ...............Thanks

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
ROE for taking a base
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 05:24:38 PM »
To capture an airbase in its most simplistic view ...

All buildings in town (except one big grayish silver building ... it can't be destroyed) must be destroyed. Once they are down, then a C-47, M3, or Jeeps can release troops (at the town ... NOT THE AIRFIELD) at the map room for the capture. It takes 10 troopers to enter the map room for a capture.

Nothing at the field need be destroyed to capture it ... just the town.

Kev will jump in here and cover GV bases and Ports ... ;)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 05:30:03 PM by SlapShot »
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
ROE for taking a base
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2006, 05:25:44 PM »
Airfields -
All the town has to be down (is one indestructible building on the outside), including the AAA in the town.

Ports
Only the AAA HAS to be down, but its always good idea to kill the vehicle hanger also.

Vehicle Bases
Same as Ports.

[edit] Ya beat me to it Slap ;)
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline Black Jack

• Copper Member
ROE for taking a base
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2006, 08:15:12 PM »
Thanks a lot guys, I do have a few more questions though. I did bomb a city to the ground and when i came back with a C47 with troopers. The buildings were back up again. Why? in a matter of 15 to 20 minutes. And if u drop troops in a not completely destroyed town, what happens to your guys? Thanks again.

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
ROE for taking a base
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2006, 09:22:26 PM »
Originally posted by Black Jack
Thanks a lot guys, I do have a few more questions though. I did bomb a city to the ground and when i came back with a C47 with troopers. The buildings were back up again. Why? in a matter of 15 to 20 minutes. And if u drop troops in a not completely destroyed town, what happens to your guys? Thanks again.

Town buildings stay down for 45 minutes as do the town acks.   Nothing can bring these building up any quicker.  If some buildings were already hit they would have regained sooner.

Troops dropped on towns with even just 1 building up essentially kills the troops.  Same if acks up but you get to see them gunned down.  However if the town is flat and some troops are killed those that made the map room will stay effective for 10 minutes.  Should that time elapse without another drop a further 10 are required.

P.S  it may well be possible to get acks to regain sooner by supplying the field.

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
ROE for taking a base
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2006, 09:30:26 PM »
lol yah i also recomend kill the gv hangers at airfield to prevent manned acks from killing ur troops
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
ROE for taking a base
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2006, 04:32:58 AM »
Originally posted by evenhaim
lol yah i also recommend kill the gv hangers at airfield to prevent manned acks from killing ur troops

Whats "ground vehicle" hangers to do with mannable acks ? As far as I'm aware mannables are a separate choice when going to hanger on the  CLIPBOARD. They (ack) have nothing to do with GV's.

May I suggest you test your theory above so you realise how misguided you are about accessing the mannable field guns.

Offline Zanth

• Silver Member
      • http://www.a-26legacy.org/photo.htm
ROE for taking a base
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2006, 07:17:08 AM »
I am still looking forward to hand to hand/small arms  defense of towns (like in a game that sounds similar to wwoffline).  Would be a neat "something else to do".

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
ROE for taking a base
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2006, 07:33:54 AM »
Originally posted by LYNX
Whats "ground vehicle" hangers to do with mannable acks ? As far as I'm aware mannables are a separate choice when going to hanger on the  CLIPBOARD. They (ack) have nothing to do with GV's.

May I suggest you test your theory above so you realise how misguided you are about accessing the mannable field guns.

Think he's on about the very small number of fields were the manned ack can actually reach the town.
In that case killing them is a must, but as said, only applies to a very number of fields.

Oops - having re-read his post, I haven't a clue what he is on about.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline Speed55

• Silver Member
ROE for taking a base
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2006, 07:39:49 AM »
Another good idea is to strafe, or have someone strafe  the map room before releasing troops. Allthough it's not always needed, there are times when an enemy pilot bails out and  will sneak into the map room and wait for your troops, and shoot them with his 45 as they enter.
"The lord loves a hangin', that's why he gave us necks." - Ren & Stimpy

Ingame- Ozone

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
ROE for taking a base
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2006, 07:40:02 AM »
Originally posted by Kev367th
Think he's on about the very small number of fields were the manned ack can actually reach the town.
In that case killing them is a must, but as said, only applies to a very number of fields.

Oops - having re-read his post, I haven't a clue what he is on about.

Well...it seems he thinks acks are only accessed through the gv hanger.  Why he thinks that I have no clue either :confused:

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
ROE for taking a base
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2006, 07:52:23 AM »
Originally posted by LYNX
Troops dropped on towns with even just 1 building up essentially kills the troops.  

Some day HT will add an angry mob of villagers that come out of that 1 building to club your troops as they enter town. :D
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline Black Jack

• Copper Member
ROE for taking a base
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2006, 08:03:52 AM »
All good to know, thanks. Now why sometimes our map room flashes close to our base from yellow to red. What does that mean?

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
ROE for taking a base
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2006, 08:07:15 AM »
I have no interest in the hamster wheel waste of time that is taking bases but...

I have one thought on the whole thing...

If you are into base taking to "win the war"....  are you into base defending as well?

I mean... to "win" you have to have bases.   Do you wish to fly high cap over contested bases in order to kill the other people who think like you do before they kill your bases?

Wouldn't you be just as valuable to the whole base capture type of gameplay if you defended your own bases?

The furballers won't bother because it is boring so you base takers who are immune to boredom should be the likely ones to do it.   Heck.. it should be even more "excieting" to kill a sorta not ai thing like the mouse weilding fluff who is only 2/3 ai rather than a bunch of total ai buildings.

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
ROE for taking a base
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2006, 08:17:52 AM »
Originally posted by Black Jack
All good to know, thanks. Now why sometimes our map room flashes close to our base from yellow to red. What does that mean?

If you right-click on the knee board (map) and choose radar, you will see each field is surrounded by a radar circle. Once an enemy crosses the radar circle, that field will start to blink.

If you see a field blinking and no aircraft dots on radar, the reasons could be ...

1) You are under attack by ground vehicles ... they do not show on radar.

2) There is a possible NOE (Nap of Earth) attack on the field. Enemy planes that fly 500 ft or lower AGL (Above Ground Level) do not show up as dots on radar.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."