Author Topic: Film/Stick Problem  (Read 408 times)

Offline bowser

• Copper Member
Film/Stick Problem
« on: November 06, 2000, 09:25:00 PM »
First I've never had any problems with my MS FF Pro while playing AH..but there seems to be a connection between my stick and a problem I'm having watching AH films.  Intermittently while watching a film, it will start stuttering, playing back in slow motion.  At the same time there is no input from the stick, I can't change views with it.  If I exit and go back into AH sometimes that clears the problem, but usually it doesn't...and when it doesn't, I go into Control Panel/Game Controllers and the stick shows as "not connected".  I then have to reboot the machine.  Any ideas?

bowser

Offline bowser

• Copper Member
Film/Stick Problem
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2000, 07:00:00 PM »
I've never attempted to get technical support from HTC before.  Is this forum monitored by them, or do we just post hoping another user knows the answer?

bowser

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
Film/Stick Problem
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2000, 11:20:00 AM »
Both.  

Can you get the "not connected" bit from Windows any other way?

This is a strange one...

What OS, mainboard, etc. are you using?  Is the stick connected USB or gameport?

------------------
Lephturn - Chief Trainer
A member of The Flying Pigs  http://www.flyingpigs.com

"My P-47 is a pretty good ship, she took a round coming 'cross the Channel last trip.
Just thinking 'bout my baby and lettin' her rip, always got me through so far."
 - Steve Earl

Offline bowser

• Copper Member
Film/Stick Problem
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2000, 05:58:00 PM »
I've never had any problems with the stick "disconnecting" in any other program.  The only problem I had was the view momentarily changing for a split second in Warbirds..it seemed to be some sort of spike which would trigger the back view POV position.  I haven't seen this problem in AH yet.  I'm trying to figure out the connection between the stick problem and the video problem...strange.
I'm running Windows 98 (4.10.1998) on an Abit KA7 moboard,700 mhz Athlon, Diamond 770 TNT Ultra 2 video card, 128 MB RAM.  The stick is a MS FF Pro, also Simped Vario rudder pedals, both into the gameport.

bowser