Author Topic: CH Pro Pedals USB problem ...  (Read 553 times)

Offline Mobius

• Zinc Member
CH Pro Pedals USB problem ...
« on: September 23, 2001, 06:37:00 PM »
I just got these today, along with the Pro Throttle USB.  Currently I am unable to get rudder function in-game from the pedals.  I *do* however get the rudder slider bar moving back and forth in the display box in the lower lefthand corner of Setup -- Joystick.

I currently have AH set up to recognize the pedals as follows.  In Setup -- Joystick -- Select Joystick:
column 1 : rudder
column 2 : CH Pro Pedals
column 3 : Z axis

As I mentioned, in the display box in the Setup -- Joystick dialog, all of my controllers seem to be functioning properly.  I move the pedals, the indicator moves, throttle and joystick work fine.  But when I go to fly, no joy on rudder control.  None whatsoever.

I have read there may be problems if one isn't using a powered USB hub.  I will try that tomorrow if nobody has a better idea for me to try.  My monitor has a 4port hub built into it, and the throttle/pedals are plugged into it.  I can't tell from the monitor docs if it's powered or not.

System:

Windows 98se
PS/2 keyboard
Joystick:  Saitek X36F, non-usb, keyboard connects to it
USB mouse, Logitech mouseman wheel, mouseware is running
Throttle/Pedals connected to monitor USB ports, Nokia 446Xpro
Motherboard is an Asus P2BS, P3 800

I would like to see how some of you others with the usb throttle/pedals have them set up ... thanks in advance guys.

Mobius

Offline Mobius

• Zinc Member
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2001, 07:28:00 PM »
Update.

I sometimes have rudder function.  If, when I get in the plane, the rudder is working, it continues to work fine.  Usually though when I land that aircraft and select another, the rudder goes dead.  At that point I go into Setup -- Joystick -- Select Joystick, reselect everything to set the pedals Z axis as the rudder, and hit apply.  Doing this  will get the rudder to work, eventually.

I'm guessing at this point the monitor is not a powered hub (losers), so I'll try that tomorrow.

Mobius

Offline Tyro48

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2001, 01:45:00 AM »
Do you have control manager set up that came with the pedals & throttle?

Offline eaglemkIII

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2001, 03:10:00 AM »
just asign the x and the z axis i think to the ch rudders i have saitek x36 with ch pedals. working great

Offline Machine

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2001, 03:15:00 AM »
These pedals are really easy to set up. All you have to do is enter Setup and select you ch pedals.  Select Rudder, click on Z and then below set it.  Next select right brake then select your pedals again and then in right most box again..select or click on X then below click on set.  Next Select Left Brake then in middle box select pedals again and then in right box select y, then at bottom of that box click set.  Then click OK and you will go to the cal joystick's.  Click on Cal and then Cal your sticks and pedals.  When you are done click on ok and then you should be set up for your pedals.

Great pedals and work good.  I use them with the Saitek x35 and x36 sticks..  GREAT COMBO..  All Are USB and work great for me.

ENJOY

AKZero
  :D

Offline Mobius

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2001, 12:30:00 PM »
Tyro:

Yes, I've installed the CH control manager software.  I am using the throttle and pedals in Direct mode, and setting everything directly within Aces High.  In the test window in Setup -- Joystick, all controllers appear to be functioning properly, but when I go into a plane the rudder doesn't work about half the time.

I think it's the USB hub.  I'll update tonight after I try.

Offline fscage

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2001, 10:36:00 PM »
I was having the same problem with the X-36 and the CH-Pro rudder peddles.  What I found was after you plugged in the CH-Pro it swaps the ID settings for the two controls.  What you need to do is got to Control Panel \ Gaming Options, Contorler ID's and swap the two controlers.  Put the X-36 on ID #1 and the CH-Pro on ID#2.   Once you do this the peddles will work fine.   Not sure why the CH-Pro sets itself to the #1 slot but for some reason it does.  When it does and your in the game the controlers are all messed up.  Hope that helps your problem.

Offline Mobius

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2001, 03:54:00 PM »
A powered USB hub has solved my original problem.  I think the Throttle plus the pedals simply draw too much current for a single port to provide.

I have now set up a mapping in the CH software for the throttle and pedals.  To clarify, my X36F stick is non usb - it's the gameport version.  Legacy hardware, as it were.  

Anyway, I've gotten the controls set up on the throttle the way I want, and I've gotten the stick basically set up the way I want.  I have two more questions someone might be able to answer, but I'll start those in another thread.  

Thanks for the replies guys!

Mobius