Author Topic: The screen turns blue when I start it up.  (Read 411 times)

colonel klank

The screen turns blue when I start it up.
« on: May 21, 2000, 05:15:00 PM »
I installed the demo to see if i like the game and then when i ran the program it asked for resolution and i matched it to my screen resilution and then   the screen turns blue and i can't hear or see anything except the blue screen

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2000, 06:04:00 PM »
I'm making a guess here, but I'll bet you have a voodoo card and are trying to use 32 bit color?  If you do this you will get a light blue screen with maybe a little odd shape in one corner.  Go into your aces high settings folder and delete the file called video.cfg.  When you restart AH you will be prompted for screen resolution again, pick 16 bit color.  (Voodoo cards CAN'T do 32 bit color and will lock up if you try it.)

------------------
bloom25
THUNDERBIRDS

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2000, 06:13:00 PM »
BTW:  AH doesn't have a demo version, you have the FULL program. You won't even be asked for a credit card number until your 2 weeks are up.  Even if you don't decide to sign up, you can still fly offline and head to head forever free of charge.    

Once you fix that video problem and try out the game, try customizing your gunsights and sounds.  (AK Wabbit's sounds are very good, and can be found on the downloads page.  There is the main file, then a patch that adds even more sounds.)  If you have any .wav files from other games that you would like to use, all you have to do is place them in a subfolder of your sounds directory.  Just name your folders p51d, c205, 109g10, typhoon, etc.  Then just rename the sounds to match those in the main sounds folder.  eng.wav, drop.wav, gear.wav, stall.wav, etc.

Gunsight customization is done in a similar fashion, just modify the default sight in paint and then save it as p51d.bmp, etc.

------------------
bloom25
THUNDERBIRDS