Author Topic: trim set  (Read 366 times)

Offline df54

• Copper Member
trim set
« on: November 23, 2006, 11:38:38 AM »
how do you use trim set function and what is its practical use.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
trim set
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 11:44:47 AM »
21 is only half the truth.

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
trim set
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 12:40:30 PM »
I think the question may refers to the new "." key function. It is supposed to be set to the dot/period key by default, but mine was not and nothing else was assigned to it. Had to map it myself. It has not been added to NetAces yet (as far as I can tell).

Not sure what it is intended to do, but the other day I was in a Seafire with kills on board and on the way back to CV when a Spit16 snuck up low 6 and clipped my right wing tip off. I was able to get level and slow with a mixture of throttle, RPM, roll, yaw and droped flaps. I have roteries for trim, but never spent the time to get used to them, so CT is default. I hit "." and let go of the stick. To my amazement she flew strait. CT showed off.

I was aproaching the CV from the stem and in turning around I moved the stick more than i should have and everything when heywire. Recovered and set "." again. I used smaller ajustments after that and was able to bring her down on the deck even though the CV was turning hard right.

Not sure if this was an intended effect of the new function or if it works the same in other planes. It may not work well in AC that never stay up with a wing tip missing, but it did wonders for my Seafire.
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"