Author Topic: jerkyness in MP ALL THE SUDDEN!  (Read 463 times)

TheWobble

jerkyness in MP ALL THE SUDDEN!
« on: November 14, 2000, 01:57:00 AM »
I have been playing AH in h2h for months now and all the sudden when ever i go on to play no matter what server i pick it..."studders" sort of, kinda jerky like, it has never done this befor now it never DOESENT do it.  what can I do I am so frusterated!

I connect at 37.777 with error correction and compression off, I have a logitech wngman extreme joystick and no matter what server i choose it ALWAYS does it, kinda hard to believe its my network.

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2000, 07:44:00 AM »
Do you run any firewall software?  (not as silly a question as it sounds even though you are on dial up)
Have you made any software or system upgrades lately?
Dx7a?
Anything in the background?  ICQ, RW?

SKurj

TheWobble

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2000, 08:12:00 AM »
Dx7a, nothing running in the background at all, not behind any kind of proxy, I have been talking to alot of people in H2H and  a whole bunch of them are having same problem and it all started yesterday, its hard to explain, i made no changes nothing. just one min its fine and then ever since its VERY jerky no matter what.

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2000, 06:32:00 PM »
If it just started yesterday than I'm kinda unsure if this will help, but it doesn't hurt to try.

If you have a little connection icon in the taskbar (has the little flashing lights), try removing it by the following method:
my computer -> dial up networking -> connection menu up top, pick settings -> uncheck "show icon on taskbar when connected" or something to that effect.  This often speeds up the game and reduces the chop.

------------------
bloom25
THUNDERBIRDS

TheWobble

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2000, 09:42:00 PM »
Thanks, will try, also I have noticed that this is afecting cable and dsl folks too, I am accostumed to modem puke cause im a 56k weenie.  

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2000, 12:30:00 PM »
Actually I have read on these forums before that if you are using a dial-up, to connect at less than 56K if possible.  I believe Skuzzy himself suggested this to a few people.  He said that 33.6K connections are better for AH...