Author Topic: Clarification...  (Read 3168 times)

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
Clarification...
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2001, 07:01:00 PM »
The A5 is still one of the most amusing planes to fly  :)

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
Clarification...
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2001, 07:37:00 PM »
LOL fatty, so true  :)

and Minus... its "AMRAAM"

I worked on them for several years, and there is nothing in AH that comes close  :)

[ 08-27-2001: Message edited by: -ammo- ]
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
Clarification...
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2001, 07:38:00 PM »
I don't think so Fish.  I think quite the opposite, 95% of the planes here are easy to get kills in, the possible exceptions being the c202 and maybe a 109a8 flown in a furball.

Everything in between is people pretending (or believing?) they're flying hard planes and whining about others to try and prove it.

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
Clarification...
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2001, 01:02:00 AM »
Depends on how you fly the plane Fatty.  The 190A8 isn't much good in any situation, unless you are attacking low level buffs, then it shines.  

Calling a plane "hard" or "easy" to get kills in is basically describing how well the plane fits into the MA.  An example of an "easy" plane to get kills in is the N1K2 (it sure isn't so popular because of its historical reputation, agreed?).  It is probably one of the best accelerators in the game, one of the best climbers in the game(sustained and zoom), one of the best divers in the game (again, sustained and not, but it is better at the beginning), and one of the best turners in the game (behind the Spits and Zero).  On top of that it has 4 20mm cannons with a relatively large ammo load.  The only negative thing about the plane is it is pretty slow in level flight.

Since most of the combat in Aces High involves turning, diving, climbing, and accelerating, a plane that does well in these areas will do well in the MA, even if its top speed is comparatively low.

On the other end of the "easy" scale are the very fast planes, with the LA7 being on the top.  It is the second fastest plane in the game on the deck, which makes it easy to run away from slower airplanes that have gotten in a good position.  Furthermore, the La7 easily outturns all the other "fast" planes (dora, P51, Tiffie), and out accelerates them as well.  It has a climb rate equal to the 109G10 up to around 7k, and dives well.  I guess you could say that the weaknesses of this airplane are its low speed handling (which doesnt come into play very often), and the ammo and fuel load (both of which are fairly small).  The La7 is a "easy" plane because you can kill the other fast planes comparitively easily, and run away from the N1K2 and Spits.

In the middle you have planes that I would consider "challenging", if not hard.  For me, this category includes most of the U.S.A planes (with the exception of the P51), most of the German planes (with the exception of the 109G10 and the 190D9 [and the G10 is iffy]), the other Japanese planes and the Italian planes.  

I consider them "challenging" because when you take off in them you know you are most likely going to meet planes that can A. Outturn you, or B. Outrun you, or C. both plane types together.  In my opinion, this makes it harder to be "successful" in those planes.  You may disagree with me, and that is fine.  All I am doing is explaining my opinion, and possibly clarifying the opinions of others who may agree with me but haven't expressed it this way.

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Clarification...
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2001, 02:26:00 AM »
190A8 is a babe, Fatty's just being a popsicle  ;)

Saw
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Clarification...
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2001, 02:55:00 AM »
The whiners fly the "hard" planes so they can always have a good excuse when they get shot down.

The true good guys dont apply, since they rarely get shot down in their plane of choice, or just dont care if they get shot down at all (me)

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
Clarification...
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2001, 11:13:00 AM »
The fastest plane in here is a challenge?  Heh.  And don't put the "other" japanese planes in that category either, I fly them because they are extremely easy.

But don't worry, excuses and explainations for each death will continue unabated, loudly broadcast for everyone to hear before they logoff in a huffy.  So let the excuses roll, just know that we know you're not that good, otherwise you wouldn't be filling the text buffer with inaccurate explainations.

Offline Pollock

• Nickel Member
Clarification...
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2001, 11:32:00 AM »
I have been stinking up the MA lately I think my score is in the 1500s and I could care less.  I fly the JUG near exlusive.  My squaddies rock in the jug and I am trying to better my skills.  IMO it is a challenge to fly but that is what I want for my money.  For the record I have always hated the NIK and always will. Thats what opinions are for.
Most NIKopters are dweebs but so what. I have been called alt dweeb and stratodick before.  Like my Grandfather used to say 'screw em if they cant take a joke'

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
Clarification...
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2001, 11:46:00 AM »
As you struggle along to get kills with your 8 .50s...

Heh.

Offline Baddawg

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.dogfighter.com
Clarification...
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2001, 11:47:00 AM »
I suck in everything, perk planes included,so I hold exclusive rights to whine about anything and anybody.   :D

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com/
Clarification...
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2001, 12:06:00 PM »
I've said it before on Channel 1 and I'll say it again here...  :) This is Pac Man w/wings. Its a VIDEO game... and the more you play the better you'll get... even if your IQ is just above a chimps (mine is barely :) )

xBAT

P.S. Pudding anyone?
Of course, I only see what he posts here and what he does in the MA.  I know virtually nothing about the man.  I think its important for people to realize that we don't really know squat about each other.... definately not enough to use words like "hate".

AKDejaVu

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
Clarification...
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2001, 04:34:00 PM »
I'd definately say the N1K2 is easier to get kills in than the P47.  8 .50s may be able to do as much damage as 4x20mm, but the Jug still has to bring those guns to bear.

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
Clarification...
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2001, 04:59:00 PM »
Furballing only (in which case there's a long list of planes that will hand the n1k it's lunch).

Snapshots?  Long shots?  If you think the n1k2 is better than 3400 rounds of 8 50s with their high rof, then you've been reading too many conspiracy threads.

If it's turning on the deck then the n1k2 is probably going to get that < 200 yard shot, and likely you'll hear something about ubernik helecopter on prop superclimb nonsense on channel 1.

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
Clarification...
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2001, 06:14:00 PM »
We are of course excluding the ufon1k from the "it always takes skill to defeat opponents flying to the strengths of their planes by flying to the strengths of your own, regardless of what the planes happen to be" part right?

I will film almost every fight after 1.08 when I see a n1k. If HTC fixes the drag and puts torque on that thing, ill laugh my bellybutton off when the n1kdweebs meet real physics for once. No more 15g turns losing 10 mph & zoom up after hi E planes to then hang on prop at 80mph while spraying.

imo, anyone flying that thing should be ashamed of himself, its almost like abusing a bug. almost.

Offline bowser

• Copper Member
Clarification...
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2001, 06:25:00 PM »
Why not start filming now and show us "...15g turns losing 10 mph & zoom up after hi E planes to then hang on prop at 80mph while spraying..."?

The only people that have to be ashamed are the people who can't stand getting beat and have to make excuses.  You'd think they would get used to it.

bowser