Author Topic: Clarification...  (Read 3169 times)

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
Clarification...
« on: August 26, 2001, 04:00:00 PM »
If you fly planes that are hard to fly because you like the challenge, but then spend your time complaining about being outmatched, then I hate to be the one to break it to you, but you don't like the challenge, you're just another looking for easy kills.

Offline Weave

• Copper Member
Clarification...
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2001, 04:03:00 PM »
Whatwuzathesaid?  :confused:

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
Clarification...
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2001, 04:08:00 PM »
Been listening to channel one, sorry.  The most excellent online pilots in the world have been expressing some frustration that the "hardest" plane they can find and fly as a challenge sometimes getting killed.

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
Clarification...
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2001, 04:22:00 PM »
He means if you pick a so called "hard to fly plane", it's because you like the challenge of it. Hense, when you inevitably meet the fight with the odds not in your favor, they wouldn't be crying on channel one. Quite the opposite in fact, if it's indeed the challenge they like.

Offline minus

• Nickel Member
Clarification...
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2001, 05:20:00 PM »
:D  right but sometime awoid some <uber> planes is just like awoid radar locked amram misile on you  :D

Offline Weave

• Copper Member
Clarification...
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2001, 07:59:00 PM »
Ah, you mean if I fly a 109 F-4 and get wacked by a La7 or some such, I shouldn't whine about it?

Hehe, not I said the cat.  :D

Offline Cobra

• Nickel Member
Clarification...
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2001, 09:44:00 PM »
Originally posted by minus:
:D  right but sometime awoid some <uber> planes is just like awoid radar locked amram misile on you   :D

You can set your watch by it  :)

Cobra

Offline moose

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ccrhl.com
Clarification...
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2001, 10:42:00 PM »
109F4 will 0\/\/n j00
<----ASSASSINS---->

Offline mason22

• Gold Member
Clarification...
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2001, 10:45:00 PM »
"deep thoughts by fatty handy"  :D

Offline DeeZCamp

• Banned
  • Copper Member
Clarification...
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2001, 11:12:00 PM »
I find it more satisfying to kill someone while flying a P47, or an A8 because it means I had to put the fight in my terms.. and work harder against an equal opponet who,.. for example.. would be in a Spit or n1k hehe  :D

easymode ! lol bleh..

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Clarification...
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2001, 01:14:00 AM »
Originally posted by DeeZCamp:
I find it more satisfying to kill someone while flying a P47, or an A8 because it means I had to put the fight in my terms.. and work harder against an equal opponet who,.. for example.. would be in a Spit or n1k hehe   :D

But what if you dictate the terms of an engagement by fighting to the strengths of your plane and yet still lose?  Why would it take Spit or N1K pilots any less skill to defeat able P-47 or 190A8 drivers flying their planes to their advantages?

What I mean is... it always takes skill to defeat opponents flying to the strengths of their planes by flying to the strengths of your own, regardless of what the planes happen to be.

-- Todd/DMF

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
Clarification...
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2001, 02:11:00 AM »
An N1K2 can kill a 190A8 1v1 no matter how it flies.  The 190A8 has no strengths vis-a-vis the N1K2.  The Dora, on the other hand, can run from it at will, which makes it a lot easier to kill them.  I've got an excellent K/D in the Dora this tour, especially vs spits and n1k2s, because I can run if I get into a bad situation with them.  La7s are really the only plane that I don't like to fight in a Dora, but you can get lucky and outrun them maybe half the time.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Clarification...
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2001, 03:58:00 AM »
The A-8 is still faster than an N1K2, but not by much at AH combat altitudes. The N1K2 holds more of the cards by quite a bit in this confrontation. Acceleration, turn rate and radius, climb and e-retention against the Fw190A-8's roll rate and top speed.

What I dislike is when people fight to the strength of a Spit or N1K2 and then whine when it kills them.

Imagine how you'd all laugh at a N1K2 pilot who was whining after having had his bellybutton handed to him in a turn fight with an A6M5b.

Why should it be any different for the Fw190D-9 pilot who gets his bellybutton handed to him in a turn fight with an N1K2?

I think that most people fly the aircraft they fly because of the way it looks, or a mystique attached to that aircraft captures their imagination.  Unfortunately, some of these aircraft are harder to do well in and it frusterates people when they lose to people who are simply flying the easiest aircraft to succeed in.  Tne usual targets of abuse are the N1K2-J and Spitfire, but if you fly to the strengths of your Fw190D-9, Typhoon, P-51, Bf109G-10 or La-7 you'll usually win.  The Spitfire is a natural fit to the MA style of play and the N1K2-J is a late 1944 aircraft that is also a natural fit to the MA style.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Clarification...
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2001, 04:33:00 AM »
ah ha - look at your little whiney whine about whiners whiney fatty  ;) i scoff at you and your veiled whine-

voluntary dispersion would solve the problem. if people saw these ultraplanes less they wouldn't care so much. hear any chog whines lately? of course not- take a friggin chance in something other than the top 3 planes - good grief you might actually like it!

i think of wwii i think of p38s, 109s,p47s, p51, zekes, yaks, spitfires....i mean who thinks of the n1k when they think of wwii? the 4 japanese guys who flew em that last year probably.

it's a cool marvel of a  plane but an arena full of them is wearing people's patience - it won't be appreciated that way and that is a shame in itself.

the plane i fly (the g2)barely has 1,000 kills and the nik had like 13,000 last time i checked. is it wrong to find that fact ironic considering their roles in the real world? there are tons of planes hovering around that 2-3,000 kill mark and then the top planes are way ahead(last i checked it could be different now).

my only whine is that of the huge planeset we are lucky to have, 95% of it falls into that 'challenging' category due to the prowess of a few planes. it's not the planes uberness it's the unimaginative quality of the pilots who flock to them in search of some special edge.

many cool wwii fighters sit abandoned or under-used because people know they are gonna get shredded if they even try. oh, a few guys that stay at 30k ft and their awesome acm yeah yeah blah blah but you know what i mean. i'm talkin about the other 1600 of us.

it gets frustrating but you'll get no whines from me - i'd rather die cursing in a 'challenging' plane than follow the herd and step in that creamo smelling stuff they leave behind.  ;)

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
Clarification...
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2001, 12:19:00 PM »
Oh, I agree 100% with you Karnak.  The P51, Dora, G10, and La7 are all excellent planes in the MA.  They can do very well (better than the Spits and N1K2s) because they offer you the ability to run when you need to, whereas the other two don't.  I've died in the Dora this tour, but it was always because I did something wrong (like attack a buff  :)).  If you fly any of the "fast" planes right, you will have an excellent K/D against the Spit and N1K2.  For instance- in the Dora this tour, I am 7 and 1 against N1K2.  Overall I'm 15 and 2.  Against the Spit IX I'm 6 and 1 in the Dora, 13 and 2 overall.  

I honestly don't think that the "turning" crowd has any advantage over the "runstang" crowd- because we can run from them, they can run but they'll just die tired  :D