Author Topic: Invisible collisions.  (Read 507 times)

Offline [Sg]ShotGun

• Zinc Member
Invisible collisions.
« on: November 27, 2006, 12:44:06 AM »
While attacking the radar instalation, my right eng (38) conked out with the prop all bent. I got the sound that I hit somthing, but what?? If I hit a building, would it not take the wing than bend the prop??  This happens alot when I attack the radar install.  :cry

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Invisible collisions.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 12:47:15 AM »
Even when you destroy a structure in AH, it is still there. You're most likely colliding with the antenna, even though you can't see it.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
Invisible collisions.
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 12:54:17 AM »
Ya shoulda seen my face the first time i did that... My squadies were taking a V field and it was almost dont I was stffing about in a Yak doing low passes and rolls then all of a sudden

[SIZE=72]BOOOM[/SIZE]

Offline NCLawman

• Nickel Member
Invisible collisions.
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 01:05:53 AM »
It has happened to be a few times as well.  I thought it was a bug in the radar tower destruction modeling.  I assume I have bent the prop on a few buildings as well, but when they are down, the overall frame of the building still remains and makes it easier to avoid.  The radar tower, when destroyed, is completely down.  As a result, your flight path looks clear and then BANG you hit the "shadow" of the previously standing antenna.

Come to think of it... same thing happens when driving a GV across a gun emplacement that has been destroyed.  The gun pad is empty, but sure as you try to drive across it, you hit an invisable solid object and come to an abrupt halt; thereby, ramming your cartoon face through the windshield becuase you neglected to wear your seatbelt.:lol In fact, I think you should get a GV pilot wound when you hit objects like that at full speed.

:D
Jeff / NCLawMan (in-game)

Those who contribute the least to society, expect the most from it.

Light travels faster than sound.  This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline BugsBunny

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Invisible collisions.
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 09:54:59 AM »
Flying through the flames of destroied building will do the same some times

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Invisible collisions.
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 11:07:16 AM »
yeah, there are structures that can be hidden by the flame, especially the radar tower!

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline [Sg]ShotGun

• Zinc Member
Invisible collisions.
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2006, 02:16:49 AM »
thanks

Offline Pawz

• Nickel Member
Invisible collisions.
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2006, 05:30:29 AM »
It happened to me yesterday I flew by that wood plane (yak) and 3 seconds later booom there goes my wing.
When I die bury me in a P38.

I watch day after day, week after week, tour after tour, the Bishops and Rooks take bases and win maps while the Knights stand there with their thumbs stuck in their butts. It's just pathetic!

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Invisible collisions.
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2006, 09:14:45 AM »
Found the bug, and fixed it for the next patch

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
Invisible collisions.
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2006, 12:01:25 PM »
Stop attacking those helpless buildings and it will stop happening!!! :D
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
Invisible collisions.
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2006, 05:41:50 PM »
Originally posted by hitech
Found the bug, and fixed it for the next patch

Now Im a little curious, collusions with invisible destroyed objects is a bug?  All field objects that Ive checked still have the same physical model as the original object.  The other night I was landing on hangers, then destroying them, and watching my plane sit on top of the invisible roof.

It's been that way for a loooooooonnnggg time...So long that I though there was a technical reason it had to be that way, lmao.