Author Topic: 9th js button not working (HTC plz help)  (Read 397 times)

Offline Blue Mako

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org/BLUEmako.htm
9th js button not working (HTC plz help)
« on: September 26, 2001, 06:43:00 PM »
Posted in bug reports forums but didn't get a HTC response.  Hoping for one here...

Note: I think the 9th joystick button works in the Sidewinder software as a shift button.  This does not appear to be the case in AH and it did not work that way before I reinstalled the joystick software.

Ran into a problem last night using the 9th button on my MS Sidewinder Precision Pro joystick. I had to reinstall my Sidewinder driver software due to another problem and now my 9th button wont work in AH. It works fine in the calibration and test pages in the control panel but in AH 1.07 and AH Dx beta 14 the 9th button will not work at all. I have tried mapping the button under joystick setting etc but no go. It was working fine before I reinstalled the official Sidewinder controller software back into my PC.

I have tried reinstalling AH and it has not made any difference.

My setup is:

PIII 733MHz
W98SE
192MB RAM
GF 2 MX 32MB
Dx8.0a
MS SPP USB joystick
Guillemot USB racing wheel

Thanks for help.

-------------------------------------------
BLUEmako

"Live with it.  Enjoy the game.  Quit whining."

Isurus oxyrinchus
Qualities: Fast shark capable of spectacular aerobatics...
Hints: Very dangerous to man. Related to the White Pointer Shark. Well known for its unprovoked attacks...

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2001, 09:31:00 AM »
I never worked for me either in AH if I try to map the shift key itself, or shift+button in AH itself.  Shame, because the shift button is just begging to be "look up" and the up modifier for the view hat.

What I do is I use the Sidewinder software to map the shift+button keystrokes to keystrokes.  That works pretty well.

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2001, 10:10:00 AM »
There is no Button 9 as it were on my MS Ppro, but it works as button 10 just fine.  Not as the shift button as it should.
I do not use a profile with AH, I just use AH's mapping abilities.

SKurj