Author Topic: WTG No Knock  (Read 6276 times)

Offline Thruster

• Nickel Member
WTG No Knock
« Reply #195 on: November 27, 2007, 06:08:31 AM »
See what I mean?

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
WTG No Knock
« Reply #196 on: November 27, 2007, 08:01:38 AM »
Originally posted by Rich46yo

The old lady was probably dealing drugs too who knows?  

Yup, they just miss timed the raid, thats why they had to plant a little pot.

I mean we all know it was a righteous raid and shooting, she was a dope dealer, the CI said so, he was telling the truth then, he is untruthful now.

Rich when you try and defend these guys you are making Thusters point.

shamus
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
WTG No Knock
« Reply #197 on: November 27, 2007, 08:11:34 AM »
Originally posted by Rich46yo
                                  Fire them for what? A mistake? Prosecute them for what? A mistake?  

opps sorry about the old lady, but it was only a mistake.

yes, people do get fired for mistakes and some even go to jail.

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
WTG No Knock
« Reply #198 on: November 27, 2007, 03:07:31 PM »
Originally posted by Shamus

I mean we all know it was a righteous raid and shooting, she was a dope dealer, the CI said so, he was telling the truth then, he is untruthful now.

shamus

FTW!  I don't trust many police officers anymore simply because I know a few who have admitted to following the good ole boy system as I like to call it.  Get good with someone and they'll watch out for your screwups and get you ahead even if someone else is better qualified.  It screwed the current Administration (anouther story) and it's screwing over our "fair" justice system.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
WTG No Knock
« Reply #199 on: November 27, 2007, 04:43:25 PM »
Originally posted by Shamus

shamus

Im not defending anyone. Im saying these officers shouldnt be fired and prosecuted on the basis of a newspaper story. Thruster doesn't have a point. He doesn't have enough information to make a point.

Let the investigation conclude and then go from there. And while your at it try listening to an officer with 30 years police experience a little instead of telling him whats what with your childish pontification and Internet moralizing.

Boy, the people you meet in the internet with their cop hangups and cop obsessions. And its the big reason I generally avoid these threads.

A newspaper article? If a death wasnt involved I'd break out laughing.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
WTG No Knock
« Reply #200 on: November 27, 2007, 04:54:54 PM »
It's been a year, Rich46yo, dunno if you caught that.
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
WTG No Knock
« Reply #201 on: December 17, 2007, 07:13:41 PM »
Another one for the Pro-SWAT'ers to chew on:

MINNEAPOLIS -- Two officers who raided the wrong house during an investigation were shot at and returned fire, but no one was injured, a police spokesman said.

Family members said the shooter, the father of six, was frightened by the intruders early Sunday and fired through a closed bedroom door after first firing a warning shot.

The SWAT team's erroneous search was part of an ongoing investigation, the police department said in a news release. Police said they had received bad information before executing the search warrant.

"It was some bad information that was received on the front end and it's unfortunate because we have officers that were hit by gunfire and this truly, truly could have been a much worse situation," said Sgt. Jesse Garcia.

Family members living in the house said they were upstairs when they heard someone bust through their back door. They said Vang Khang grabbed his hunting gun to protect himself, his wife and his six children.

"He thought they were gang members and he was scared," said Vang's brother, Dao Khang. Dao Khang said Vang fired a warning shot, and then two more shots through his closed bedroom door.

The bullets hit two officers, but they weren't injured. Police said bulletproof vests and helmets saved the officers from harm.

Several officers returned fire but no one in the house was injured, the department said. The man suspected of firing the shots was taken into custody, police said. He was later released, and a decision on whether to charge him was pending.

"All these gunshots in the house," Dao Khang said. "They don't know what's going on. Flying bullets in the house and they just cried."

The officers, who weren't identified, were placed on administrative leave while the incident is investigated, which is standard procedure. The officers said they identified themselves as police.

Garcia said a language barrier may have created the misunderstanding. Vang is Hmong and does not speak English, according to Sang Vang, executive director of the Hmong American Mutual Assistance Association, a social services agency.

Vang's family said he and his children, who range in age from 3 to 15, are still shaken.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2007/12/minn-man-shoots.html
http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&ct=us/0-1&fp=4767951a317d74e5&ei=TB5nR5iQEIiKrQP29-g6&url=http%3A//ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5j8GjxkwPTSMKmh7BzC7_Ec3R84mgD8TJD5PO0&cid=1125075918
http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&ct=us/0-2&fp=4767951a317d74e5&ei=TB5nR5iQEIiKrQP29-g6&url=http%3A//www.startribune.com/local/12552126.html&cid=1125075918
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
WTG No Knock
« Reply #202 on: December 17, 2007, 07:39:25 PM »
and a decision on whether to charge him was pending.

thats the part that bothers me.

shamus
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
WTG No Knock
« Reply #203 on: January 08, 2008, 06:10:38 PM »
"Sheriff: SWAT Team Necessary Because Man Is a "Self-Proclaimed Constitutionalist""

http://www.reason.com/blog/show/124269.html

Go SWAT Power!

But seriously, SWAT teams are divisive and hurt our nation.  They do more harm than good nowadays, the way they're being used.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
WTG No Knock
« Reply #204 on: January 08, 2008, 06:20:46 PM »
Originally posted by Chairboy
"Sheriff: SWAT Team Necessary Because Man Is a "Self-Proclaimed Constitutionalist""
[

damm constitutionalists, always crying about their rights. :rolleyes:

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
WTG No Knock
« Reply #205 on: January 08, 2008, 06:43:12 PM »
Originally posted by Chairboy

http://www.reason.com/blog/show/124269.html

Go SWAT Power!

But seriously, SWAT teams are divisive and hurt our nation.  They do more harm than good nowadays, the way they're being used.

They had some O'club worthy responses' below the posting in that article.

Offline MadMan

• Copper Member
WTG No Knock
« Reply #206 on: January 09, 2008, 11:56:43 AM »
That Minnesota one a few weeks back really bothered me too because of that "decision on wether to charge him or not is pending" part in the story.

I live way out in the country.  Just me, one neighbor and a bunch of corn fields and woods.  If you're planning on kicking in the door at 3am, you better have my front yard lit up like times square with flashing blue lights (the police here don't use red lights)... if the door gets kicked in, and I don't have a front yard full of flashing lights, whoever just came through the door is in trouble.

There is a wall between my room and the front door, a wall with 2x4's sstuds and 2 layers of sheet rock, not really enough to slow down my bullets... and you better believe they'll be flying through that wall.  And heaven forbid you come through the back door... with the twists and turns at that side of the house, I'll have plenty of time even in a sleeping stupor to get to the case with the hunting rifles.  Never seen the bullet proof vests that stop 30-06 rounds.

You want to arrest me, come get me at work, roll up to church on Sunday, or come by the house on a Saturday afternoon.  Hell, just call me up on the phone and I'll turn myself in and save you the gas... but you better not kick in the door at 3am or me, the police, the EMS, adn teh coroner are in for a Looooong night.

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
WTG No Knock
« Reply #207 on: January 11, 2008, 11:55:26 AM »
http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle_blog/2008/jan/10/alert_a_swat_team_shot_a_mother_

One would think after Atlanta police killed 92-year-old Kathryn Johnston, that they would get the idea, but they haven't. Last Friday, 1/4/08, a SWAT team, serving an ordinary drug search warrant, invaded the Ohio home of Tarika Wilson -- an innocent woman -- shot and killed her, and shot her one-year-old son. "They went in that home shooting," her mother said at a vigil that night. The boy lost at least one of his fingers. Two dogs were shot too.

SWAT teams were created to deal with extreme situations, not routine ones. Yet police now conduct tens of thousands of SWAT raids every year, mostly in low-level drug enforcement. The result is that people like Wilson and Johnston continue to die in terror, with many thousands more having to go on living with trauma. But it's all for a drug war that has failed and can't be made to work.
So, there are still folks here who think using SWAT teams like this is perfectly acceptable.  What the heck are you guys thinking?

SWAT teams are unamerican.

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
WTG No Knock
« Reply #208 on: January 11, 2008, 01:05:11 PM »
Well a war requires military tactics, not policing.

shamus
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11