Author Topic: Pointless Gameplay.  (Read 8853 times)

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« on: November 28, 2006, 01:15:14 PM »
ok, for the first time since i started playing aceshigh nearly 4 years ago....i actualy got pissed off about something today.

Flying an F4U-1C around a sleepy sector looking for good one on ones.

found a higher 190, and after a good struggle i managed to bust his engine, and let him float down to ditch.

hurray, good fight.

now whats this?  a co-alt F4u coming towards me, oh good another fight. This lone hog and I were the only thing up in the whole sector, i figured must be another hopefull looking for a 1 on 1.

there is nothing else in the aky, and we are flying right towards each other even before icon range.

as we close, 6k, 5k, 4k, 3k, im thinking 'who is it?' 'do i go short or long, do i have the E to rope him or do i choose to cut some power and get in behind?'. 2k.......1.5k......1.0k    ok here we go, is he after a ho? no dont think so......800 yrds......woot! another C-hog this will be a good one.....600yrds....he aint shooting, here comes the merge.......400yrds....good luck to you, i can see the pilot angle slightly away so as to merge without ho, i think, i hope......200yrds.....cut power get ready for merge....100yrds....he's still not shooting......50yrds .... the enemy digs his rudder as hard as he can and shoots me right in the face, tearing me to shreds......

now this wasnt a newb who didnt know better, this was someone who has been playing longer than me by a few years.

he KNEW i was avoiding that HO shot, and choose to take his at the last possible minute because he obviously has no confidence in his own fighting tactics other than vulching and ho'ing. yes he vulches alot also, usually in an la7 or spit16 that runs when anyone gets into the air.

to make matters worse, when i call him out for it on ch200 a couple more long term players laugh at his responses " dont fly at me if you dont want to get ho'ed"  

these chumps encourage the lamer and make him think its all good.

its not all good, its lame as hell, and you know who you are.

the reason people never learn is because of you retarded 'vets' who firstly think its ok to HO, and then secondly encourage those that do HO to laugh at the more sporting people who will merge cold 99% of the time.

i dont care anymore, but i did get pretty annoyed at the time, which only made the idiots who encouraged the ho'er to laugh at me some more.

in a furball or multiple con engagement its less of a problem, you know its going to happen....

...but to have a long term player of the game fly at me from 6k and then take a ho shot with his 4X20mm cannons at the last minute when he KNEW that i wasnt going to shoot.......thats just cheap lame and pathetic and testement to why this game sucks donkey balls at times.

rant over.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 01:18:24 PM »
Preaching to the choir.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 01:20:24 PM »
not even preaching, i dont expect anyone to change, and i DO expect to be flamed.

surfice to say ive lost any virtual respect i had for about 4 or 5 long term players, today.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 01:20:48 PM »
Lots of guys say they don't HO but do when no one is looking.

But I would say that i've had more instances now where folks aren't HO'ing on the merge nearly as much as it was happening previously.  

I still get clobbered on occasion, sometimes cause I misjudge the time to duck, but more often then not it's just one of those cannon birds getting the one hit as I try and slide out of the way and boom down I go.

I still get a new plane so it's all good in the end.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Ball

• Silver Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2006, 01:22:43 PM »
WTG Hub!!

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006, 01:22:50 PM »
it wasnt hub, I know that hub enjoys a good fight, win or lose.

i got a new plane too and i have been ho'ed 10,000 times before..

its just friggen pathetic when you are the only two planes in the sector, and you fake a cold merge untill the last possible second.

Offline Ball

• Silver Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2006, 01:24:25 PM »
WTG Jaxxo?

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2006, 01:24:57 PM »
Bat, perhaps they're trying to rile you up, as you have tried to do to others in the past?

This is the pot shrieking about the kettle being black, and that is what's pointless.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Ball

• Silver Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2006, 01:26:10 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
This is the pot shrieking about the kettle being black

LOL Lev gonna kick your arse for that.

I'm telling on you.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2006, 01:27:31 PM »
you should not get mad at him.... this possibly was the best of his abilities. Long term play hardly makes one a pro. Many learn very little. He evidently learned he has an uncanny ability to HO with everything else secondary. Seeing he was probably outclassed since his ride was not eons more uber he took his best way out.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2006, 01:32:35 PM »
you got pawned, but what is really funny is you went looking for a 1 v 1 in a uber c-hog  :D

i Ho because the noobs keep turning their nose at me and wont give me a nice 6 shot and if i get a chance i ram them, it really upsets them.:D

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2006, 01:33:03 PM »
Funny... blaming the other one in a 2-player HO for you not squeezing your own trigger :D
If you dont want to get shot in a HO, dont fly towards the other planes nose, or go to DA and set up a duel with rules.... "only shooting heroically from behind is allowed" :p

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2006, 01:36:35 PM »
if in ma regardless of the situation if u gave me a shot at the merge i would have taken it ;) .. u probably pulled a tad too soon trying to get an advantage on the next pass but he caught ya..
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2006, 01:44:21 PM »
ya i thought that was about as thought provoking as you guys would be.

there is a big difference between swinging your nose round and finding someone coming head on shooting you, and flying level at each other from beyond icon range and 'faking' the cold merge untill last second.

IF you are so clueless that ho'ing is your best attack, then have the bollocks to start shooting from 800yrds and give them the chance to shoot back or avoid. I could have easily shot him back if he hadnt 'played dead' till the last possible second.

i love a fight when we both have a shot, we both thinking, 'uh oh, am i about to get ho'ed' and then we both merge cold and start a fight. that is the top end of enjoyment in this game

" hey, we both coulda ho'ed, but by god im gunna outfly you first beotch!!1 And if i cant, i'll ask for you to teach me what i did wrong"

but then, its more fun to laugh at someone like me for my 'whine' rather than be brave enough to stand up and say what you think no matter what people will reply.

i shouldnt expect anything else, the vast majority of humans in general are thoughtless morons with nothing but self interest at heart. pretty much the same in this community.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2006, 01:52:40 PM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV
not even preaching, i dont expect anyone to change, and i DO expect to be flamed.

surfice to say ive lost any virtual respect i had for about 4 or 5 long term players, today.

Bat, my list grows everyday.  

Yesterday afternoon, after being around A5 in a Tony.  I encounter 5-6 enemy dots at 12k with myself being the only Rook around and at 7k.   They refused to fight and only climbed higher.   I then rtb'd and offered a free vulch to a Knight at the field, he didn't take me up on it.  

I then went to the center island hoping to beat the bushes for a lousy fight.   I roll a Spit 8, and see a Spit 9, "Great!  now someone wants to fight".   I get on his 6 rather easily and the brain said "this is too easy", lo and behold a Niki is 2.5k on my 6.   I turn towards the Niki as I'm no longer concerned with the Spit.   I dodge a HO by the Niki, then the Spit "tries" to blindside me.   I've now had enough and rtb.    Mind you the ONLY planes up over TT were Bish 24's, the Niki, Spit and myself.  

Now I hear on hear on 200.  "Karaya I know yer better than that."   To which I reply "I didn't see you calling off the Niki?"   "Now yer mad because you got 0 points for a proxy kill (I hit a tree) and I didn't fall for your rope."   "I didn't even see the Niki."   "To see ME, he saw the Niki, and furthermore, they both dove after me."  

Long story short, Liars have now made up the majority of the Arenas.   They lie to save face rather than be truthful and say "Yeah, I was hoping you'd take the bait since I cannot fight 1 vs 1."   Wondering why lying now has become the standard in the Arenas.   Kind of pathetic if you ask me.  

<> Bat
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC