Author Topic: Pointless Gameplay.  (Read 8808 times)

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #210 on: December 04, 2006, 06:49:49 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
So, I think I have this figured out.

If you like the guy, it's okay if he HO's you.
If you don't like the guy, he's a lamer.

Is that the moral?

And for the record, Stang and Levi take every HO/front quarter/deflection shot they can manage to hit. Don't fool yourselves into thinking otherwise, or you'll get shot in the face. Trust me on this.
Hub, don't twist it!  If I fight a guy 30 times and he HO's me twice, yet the other 28 times he puts up a he11 of a fight, then I generally have respect for the guy! If I fight a guy 30 times and he HOs me 28 times, he's definitely a lamer!  :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #211 on: December 04, 2006, 06:53:36 PM »
Hub's right though, if I'm in the thick of the fight I'll take any shot I can get that puts me at the least chance of being shot down.  If a guy is clearly going to not ho me, yet we are merging with a lot of other cons around, you betcha I'm going to take it.  

However, if it's just me and 1 other guy with no one else around, I would probably never ho.

In the particular case mentioned, I probably sensed it was you and I was trying to steal every one of Elf boy (Levi's) kills, so I took it.

;)

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #212 on: December 04, 2006, 06:54:34 PM »
Originally posted by SkyRock
Hub, don't twist it!  If I fight a guy 30 times and he HO's me twice, yet the other 28 times he puts up a he11 of a fight, then I generally have respect for the guy! If I fight a guy 30 times and he HOs me 28 times, he's definitely a lamer!  :aok
sounds reasonable

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #213 on: December 04, 2006, 06:55:57 PM »
Originally posted by Stang
...and I was trying to steal every one of Elf boy (Levi's) kills, so I took it.

lol, my impression on that one was correct :)

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #214 on: December 04, 2006, 07:05:53 PM »

In the particular case mentioned, I probably sensed it was you and I was trying to steal every one of Elf boy (Levi's) kills, so I took it.

;)

Or............save the both of you from certain and immensly painful pwnage!  hee hee:rofl

:noid

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #215 on: December 04, 2006, 07:14:43 PM »
Originally posted by Murdr
lol, my impression on that one was correct :)
:lol

;)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #216 on: December 04, 2006, 07:38:48 PM »
Levi is a MEAN MEAN man ... :cry
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #217 on: December 04, 2006, 08:09:20 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
Levi is a MEAN MEAN Elf-b10tch ... :cry

Offline DOUG

• Copper Member
ELFY's responce
« Reply #218 on: December 04, 2006, 09:47:02 PM »
#1 anyone notice that there was frikin 5"s goin off all over from the CV? Didnt exactly have all the time in the world and was headed AT the CV
#2 was GOIN 2 cold merge till i realized HE had more E.Read the speeds, I was around 40 mph slower
#3 HE was allready pulling UP to immel-reverse, so i had allready lost the reverse b4 it even happened
#4 if ya get in My plane, chase view, and pause it at impact ,then rotate the angles its prolly 20degrees off
#5 since all these things were goin on, and fink did NOTHING to avoid it, i SHOT him, o well. Im frikin SORRRRRRY i shot the tail of yer plane off that way. But never in my life have i heard anyone cry so much over an incident in A GAME!!!:rofl  go getlaaidOnceIn a while,,, geesh       akELFY
BTW  all u with the slanderous "skyrock attitude" call me out on 200 ANYTIME, ull see how well i cant reverse:t
one last thing, anyone who doesnt like how i fly can take some BIGbites of yer favorite flavor o dung. Dont like it, SHOOT me, just stop the crying:cry
GO here and stop it at EXACTLY 50seconds ,externalview, then use sliders so that u look STRAIGHT(head-on) into finks cockpit...notice the angle:p
http://speedyshare.com/185732345.html
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 10:32:24 PM by DOUG »
"UsedToDoALittleButTheLittleWo uldntDoIt,So the Little gotMore andMore,JustKeepTryingToGet a littleBetterIsaid aLittleBetterThanBefore"...A.Rose
AK elfy-1st ArabianKnight recruited in AH- May 7,2000

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #219 on: December 04, 2006, 10:31:13 PM »
Originally posted by wrag
If I fight in a requested 1 v 1 and someone comes into the fight I break off from the fight and/or try to warn the others off with the message that this is a private fight!  I have NEVER called upon a squadie or a friend to assist in any such fight!  Even if the person WASN'T FIGHTING me the way I wanted them to!  I either won or lost on my own. If any interference occured I consider the fight a NON-FIGHT from that point on and took no further action against my opponnent.  Even apoligizing if the person that jumped in to the fight shot down my opponent!

If remember asking on ch200 if anyone wanted to fight.  After a co alt co E fight was arranged, you continued to climb about 10k higher than me before the fight began.  Then you did not fight me.  You used bnz tactics and I dodged your shots.  Acting like target practice to you.  Had I known you were going to do this, I would not have agreed on the arranged fight.  After you did this twice, I had a squaddie climb out oustide icon range to sit high above the fight, possibly 10k above us to make sure you didn't run away, which you did in the previous 2 fights.  I am convinced that you are truely idiotic-like in person.  But I now also know you are a liar (twisting the truth on purpose).  I'm writing this becuase of what you publicly said about me and people should know the truth when lies are said of me.
I'm not really saying this to try to help you, I'm saying this to everyone else that reads this.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #220 on: December 04, 2006, 11:02:45 PM »
Hub's right though, if I'm in the thick of the fight I'll take any shot I can get that puts me at the least chance of being shot down.  If a guy is clearly going to not ho me, yet we are merging with a lot of other cons around, you betcha I'm going to take it.  

However, if it's just me and 1 other guy with no one else around, I would probably never ho.

;)

exactly, and i agree 100%

the fact is this was a 1 on 1 with nothing else around.

too many people have overlooked this, and just seen this as a HO whine.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Re: ELFY's responce
« Reply #221 on: December 04, 2006, 11:10:24 PM »
Originally posted by DOUG
#1 anyone notice that there was frikin 5"s goin off all over from the CV? Didnt exactly have all the time in the world and was headed AT the CV
#2 was GOIN 2 cold merge till i realized HE had more E.Read the speeds, I was around 40 mph slower
#3 HE was allready pulling UP to immel-reverse, so i had allready lost the reverse b4 it even happened
#4 if ya get in My plane, chase view, and pause it at impact ,then rotate the angles its prolly 20degrees off
#5 since all these things were goin on, and fink did NOTHING to avoid it, i SHOT him, o well. Im frikin SORRRRRRY i shot the tail of yer plane off that way. But never in my life have i heard anyone cry so much over an incident in A GAME!!!:rofl  go getlaaidOnceIn a while,,, geesh       akELFY
BTW  all u with the slanderous "skyrock attitude" call me out on 200 ANYTIME, ull see how well i cant reverse:t
one last thing, anyone who doesnt like how i fly can take some BIGbites of yer favorite flavor o dung. Dont like it, SHOOT me, just stop the crying:cry
GO here and stop it at EXACTLY 50seconds ,externalview, then use sliders so that u look STRAIGHT(head-on) into finks cockpit...notice the angle:p

finally, the man in question. welcome to page 5.

Elfy, the matter is not anything to do with HO or not quite HO....

its about a fair fight being ended before it begun.

all your pontifications about my E state were because you choose to merge with the intention of shooting.   had you any clue about a 1 on 1 duel you would have done wahat i did and dive into it for vertical seperation on merge.

you claim i have more E (energy)     you are so wrong and yet again proove how little you really know.

E - Energy = Alt + Speed, not speed alone.

if we add your Altitude advantage at 2k before merge, and then factor in both our speeds, you will find you are the one who has more E. E is potential energy not just how fast you are going.

answer me this, what was to stop you pulling up and roping me? you had more than enough speed and altitude to rope me had you not turned into me at 1k seperation with the only thing on your mind being an easy shoot to kill chance.

had you missed your shot, then you woulda been screwed because you threw away all you advantage by going for that shot, had you continued to stay above me while i dive for merge, you had more than enough speed+alt to rope me.

honestly, without a word of a lie, had you roped me and come right down and HO'ed me as i tried to get a shot off on the climb, i would of sent you an S! and said nice kill.

if anybody cannot understand this then i wonder why you even play a game that potentially has so much skill to be used, when all you want to do is make things as easy as possible with as little risk as you can manage.

and to say that there was a 5" gunner targeting you also is pure bullchit, i was the only person in the area for a good 10-15 mins

my favorite times are heart pumping nail bitting fights.

when was the last time you got a rush out of that kind of kill?

oh and i agree with you about it being a game and not worth taking seriously. doesnt mean that your poor example of sportsmanship and skill here isnt worth discussing to cover every other poor example of sportsmanship and skill displayed daily here.

hamish

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

additional topic

as for getting laid??  i just got some about 2 hours ago :D  doesnt really count though, no challenge, ive been with the same girl for over 4 years now. I geuss that means im a no skill lamer when it comes to women, but hell, i like this one and just because its easy dont mean i dont get great thrill in the sack still. so saying this i can maybe see why you enjoy doing the same moves and getting the same kills year after year without a challenge or an attempt to better yourself.

in a way, my 4 year girlfriend/easy sex life and your 4 or more years of no skilled/same watermelon different day flying styles are a metaphore for each other.

lol, we have something in common.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 11:18:27 PM by B@tfinkV »
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Re: ELFY's responce
« Reply #222 on: December 05, 2006, 02:11:43 AM »
Originally posted by DOUG

This is not 200, but you want to know how to fly a hog?? Wait......NO HOing!  :rofl   Doug, If you read my posts, you will see that I have given you the human respect you deserve as we all do, out of game!  I just have been HOd by you way to many times to take your style "in game" very seriously!   It's usually ganging, or HOing and running!  I hope life is treating you well out of game though!  
Mark

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #223 on: December 05, 2006, 02:27:48 AM »
best
pursefight
evar.

well, no, it's not , but it's been amusing.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #224 on: December 05, 2006, 02:57:46 AM »
(to Kermit)

I am doubting very much that Wrag came in 10k above an agreed upon alt.  (If you did Wrag, shame on you, you deserved to get jumped by the Spit)

I DO believe that he came in w/ alot o' Energy, merged up, and kept the fight going up, up, up.  You do tend to bled a lot of E in that Tiffy, so his 109K getting alt on you isn't much of a stretch.  In fact it is very probable knowing how both of you fight.

The above being what I believe, I see it as Wrag got alt/e off the merge, started to B/Z, you got sick of dodging his attacks and called someone in to attack him.  I DO  find it very disturbing that you called in a squaddie to a pre-arrainged fight.

(I still love you though)
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit