Author Topic: Pointless Gameplay.  (Read 8808 times)

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #240 on: December 06, 2006, 09:22:24 AM »
Originally posted by Badair
I never do see why people get so upset by being Ho'd.  

IMO...it's a sense of chivalry...not one like in a war where the other guys is really trying to kill you (those are some misplaced sentiments if you ask me)...but more borne out of the simple fact that this is a game...but much like real war...chivalry is dead in the MA...has been for many many years....always expect the HO!

However, when you see a guy bypass his shot and break early you know you're in for a good fight, but usually you can see them boring in for the HO from 6K out...these you simply dodge-reverse-kill (assuming they don't dive for the ack or their crowd).

Offline BugsBunny

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #241 on: December 06, 2006, 09:42:00 AM »
Comon guys.  It is not that complicated.  No knights of the sky and no chivalry.  Can't you see it? We all PAY to PLAY.  To fly for 10 minutes only to have the PLAY end in 1 second is a waste of time.  No mater who won.  It is a waste of time for both.  If this happens 3 times in a row, win or lose, you wasted 30 minutes of your time for nothing.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #242 on: December 06, 2006, 11:28:49 AM »
Originally posted by BugsBunny
Comon guys.  It is not that complicated.  No knights of the sky and no chivalry.  Can't you see it? We all PAY to PLAY.  To fly for 10 minutes only to have the PLAY end in 1 second is a waste of time.  No mater who won.  It is a waste of time for both.  If this happens 3 times in a row, win or lose, you wasted 30 minutes of your time for nothing.

IT's as simple as this post!  I concurr whole heartedly!  Just a waste of time for no enjoyment and definitely no fight!  Imagine how stories would go if everyone HOd........."Well, there I was, flying at about 7 k when this guy made a bee line for me.  So I made a bee line for him.  It was awesome!  My bullets hit him in the face before his bullets hit me in the face! You should have beeen there!  I was on the edge of my seat wondering who's bullets would hit who in the face first!  After I fired, I was just about to start diving out and running to the deck when I noticed my bullets had hit him in the face first!  Awesome!  I own that dweeb!" :rolleyes: :rofl

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Bucky73

• Silver Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #243 on: December 06, 2006, 01:37:36 PM »
........."Well, there I was, flying at about 7 k when this guy made a bee line for me. So I made a bee line for him. It was awesome! My bullets hit him in the face before his bullets hit me in the face! You should have beeen there! I was on the edge of my seat wondering who's bullets would hit who in the face first! After I fired, I was just about to start diving out and running to the deck when I noticed my bullets had hit him in the face first! Awesome! I own that dweeb!"  
:rofl :rofl

That was great man.:D

I'm soo glad there are people in this game that enjoy a good 1v1 still. If all there was were HO tards out there then I would have quit a long time ago.  If all you do is drive your cartoon plane around and HO the crap out of everything you see then what is the point of even playing?? I like to see how my "virtual skills" improve from month to month. Anyone can "fly" around and brainlessly pull the trigger at anything that gets in their sights
but whats the point?? However, there are times that the HO is called for IMO...like when your out numbered 5 to 1 and are a dead man anyway or if your in a situation where your leaking oil, radiator busted or your on fire then I'll HO with the best of em. If it gets to the point where I'm killing everyone i tangle with (which...i might add is veeery far off) then i will quit. But until then I will continue to look for the best "flyers" in the game to see how I measure up. IMO HOing, driving la7's, or spits is like playing "madden 07" and leaving it on easy mode and winning every game 217-0 and playing it for hours on end every night. At some point I think you would want to maybe kick it up a notch and move up to the next level.
When you HO on the first pass then the GAME is over before it even starts.

The most enjoyment i get out of this game is when I tangle with someone for ten minutes or so and when your done you are almost sweating. Even if i loose that "fight" it's still fun as hell and the whole reason i play anymore.

That's my take (right or wrong)

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #244 on: December 06, 2006, 01:53:03 PM »
hey bucky, you got it right there bro :)

remember about 5-6 months back we met you in hurricane me in spit5?  i seem to remember getting a lucky angle on you a couple of times and winning. your answer wasnt to go and get a tempest and BnZ me  or an La7 and chase me down to HO me, instead you came back in the hurri and right away learnt what angle i was exploiting, and shot me down the next few fights.

that was great fun, and it wasnt even a DA fight, just in the middle of a small even numbers furball and no ho'ing. I bet it felt 10 times better to win the third fight with a better merge and better manouvers than it would have to come back and shoot me down 10 times in a cherry pick or ho?

i remember thinking 'that bucky is gunna be  too much to handle pretty soon if he keeps learning from mistakes this fast!"

S!
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #245 on: December 06, 2006, 01:53:15 PM »
Well said Bucky, and I presume that's why you fly the really difficult and challenging planes like the C hurri, P51, and tempest. Who needs speed, armament, or maneuverability when you're an invincible, extremely skilled and chivalrous cartoon knight of the sky?
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Bucky73

• Silver Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #246 on: December 06, 2006, 02:02:10 PM »
Thanks Bat....unfortunately i'm a slow learner.:rofl

And Hub..........not bitin, take ur ignorance elsewhere:D

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #247 on: December 06, 2006, 02:03:55 PM »
you dont have a clue how bucky flies hub, probably because you ho'ed him in your 'extremely skilled to fly' 110G that you so love taking into furballs before he had a chance to show your some 1 on 1 acms.

and for the record, i find hurricanes an easy kill in most rides unlesss the pilot knows his stuff abit more than the average.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #248 on: December 06, 2006, 02:15:34 PM »
Well bat, that wasn't a furball, that was a bunch of you tits vulching our field, but if you want to fly directly at me in a 110, and I can shoot you, I will. I don't feel the least bit of regret, nor pity for you. Unlike many of you guys, I don't claim to be good, and when I kill someone, it's not due to my finely honed cartoon skills, but rather to their stupid mistakes. That's true in this case as well.

And yes, I do know how bucky flies, having fought him on numerous occasions. He's not a bad cartoon pilot at all, but let's put down the purses and be honest; we all know exactly why he flies those planes (why we all fly those planes), and there's no shame in that at all. However, all this **** about EZ mode planes and how everyone else who flies a decent plane sucks is laughable, especially coming from spit and hurri pilots.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Platano

• Silver Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #249 on: December 06, 2006, 02:34:00 PM »
I ho cuz i have no skill :D
Army of Muppets

Fly Luftwaffe.

Offline Bucky73

• Silver Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #250 on: December 06, 2006, 02:53:24 PM »
Ok maybe a nibble:D

OK maybe i could have put that a little different...YES i do fly hurri's but only in base defense instances where a carrier pops up off shore or the field is capped. I NEVER up one from a field that isn't in immediate danger.  I also fly the pony alot and in a perfect MA (IMO of course) you wouldn't have any of these morons that do nothing but spray and pray at anything they see. Unfortunately that's not the case so the pony gives me the ability to avoid most of these types. I would also wager that I would beat pretty much anyone 1v1 if i was in a spit and they were in a pony co-alt and if the tables were turned i would win alot less. So if your implying that i fly the pony just for the "kill" then your wrong.  I'm not the kind that likes a pointless furball where everywhere you turn there is a target and your biggest problem is beating one of your own countrymen to the kill.  And if your suggesting that all I do is bnz then apparently you haven't been around me much. I'm not saying i'm perfect and never do any of these things but i'm definately not afraid to mix it up in a turn fight at low alt. As a matter of fact i would bet 90% of my kills come under 4k AGL and under 300knots.

ALSO...I'm not real sure where your getting the idea that I said spit and la drivers suck:confused:
I never said that......
But I've been married 12 years so I know all about arguments that get started over something that never happened.

:D

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #251 on: December 06, 2006, 02:59:31 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
Well bat, that wasn't a furball, that was a bunch of you tits vulching our field, but if you want to fly directly at me in a 110, and I can shoot you, I will. I don't feel the least bit of regret, nor pity for you. Unlike many of you guys, I don't claim to be good, and when I kill someone, it's not due to my finely honed cartoon skills, but rather to their stupid mistakes. That's true in this case as well.

And yes, I do know how bucky flies, having fought him on numerous occasions. He's not a bad cartoon pilot at all, but let's put down the purses and be honest; we all know exactly why he flies those planes (why we all fly those planes), and there's no shame in that at all. However, all this **** about EZ mode planes and how everyone else who flies a decent plane sucks is laughable, especially coming from spit and hurri pilots.

it like a hypocratic round about in that post hubs, we could discuss it for hours and never be anywhere but where you just started.

but why you want to mock bucky because of a plane he flies?

shane flew the la7 as good as anyone possibly could. he was certainly not a lamer when it came to dogfighting style.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #252 on: December 06, 2006, 03:34:31 PM »
Originally posted by Bucky73
ALSO...I'm not real sure where your getting the idea that I said spit and la drivers suck:confused:
I never said that......
But I've been married 12 years so I know all about arguments that get started over something that never happened.

:D

"IMO HOing, driving la7's, or spits is like playing "madden 07" and leaving it on easy mode and winning every game 217-0 and playing it for hours on end every night."

Not an outright statement ... but implied.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #253 on: December 06, 2006, 03:36:30 PM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV
shane flew the la7 as good as anyone possibly could. he was certainly not a lamer when it came to dogfighting style.

Shane is a bad example ... Shane could pwn in just about any plane he would fly ... he flew the La-7 just to make people cry and whine ... not because he needed it.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Pointless Gameplay.
« Reply #254 on: December 06, 2006, 03:38:52 PM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV
it like a hypocratic round about in that post hubs, we could discuss it for hours and never be anywhere but where you just started.

Isn't that what this whole thread has boiled down to ?
SlapShot - Blue Knights