Author Topic: Testing Capture system in LW orange today  (Read 36354 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Testing Capture system in LW orange today
« Reply #780 on: December 03, 2006, 06:39:32 PM »
Had high hopes for the new idea.... but still the same old hord. I guess there is no fix, no matter how good something is.... users can ruin it.
A simple change of teams to even teams is beyond so many folks ability... just too many non-competitive individuals out there.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #781 on: December 03, 2006, 06:43:06 PM »
BaldEagl: I have considered doing that. The point being there is still fun, and valid tactics for staying hidden. As I have stated factory raids going deep. Hitting surrounding airports flight capabilities. All in all I believe some fog of war is good, like I said it is all about balance.

HiTech

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
« Reply #782 on: December 03, 2006, 07:29:02 PM »
Originally posted by hitech
BaldEagl: I have considered doing that. The point being there is still fun, and valid tactics for staying hidden. As I have stated factory raids going deep. Hitting surrounding airports flight capabilities. All in all I believe some fog of war is good, like I said it is all about balance.

HiTech

I agree.... besides with this new system you should know were most of the people are most of the time. With the possibility of focused NOE raids...
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline KTM520guy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #783 on: December 03, 2006, 08:12:17 PM »
See Rule #5
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 06:45:15 AM by Skuzzy »
Everything King Midas touches turns to gold. Everything Chuck Norris touches turns up dead.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #784 on: December 03, 2006, 08:33:48 PM »
Originally posted by KTM520guy
See Rule #5
lol, Again, HT has talked about nothing but base captures which now should take better coordination and team play!  Where do you find anything in the change that said anything about just furballing.  He said balanced gameplay!  That means now teams/squads/toolshedders just might have to fight for their "booty"!  Maybe you're just unconfident about your ability to form up with some people and attain your objective...ie bases, strats, cv's...etc. Just now you'll have to actually fight for it! :aok
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 06:45:47 AM by Skuzzy »

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline jtdragon

• Copper Member
base capture
« Reply #785 on: December 03, 2006, 09:35:39 PM »
Now that I've tried the new system for base captures I will make a few comments about it. I think it mite work out .

BUT, Everyone on a side will have to work togather more than every before.
Bish. have always had a problem with defending and now it's just as important to defend as capture. We will have to look at other bases that need to be hit (take out trps/ord) to help protect a base that can be captured. the capture order will change sometimes because another side takes a base and then we have to change the direction of out attack.

PROBLEM, Someone will have to be in charge and tell people where to go (defend this field, take out ord here, attack there}.

ANSWER, Mega Squads like we haven't seen before. Bn. size with companies and Plts. with a set chain of command.

OH, SORRY. big Sqds are surpose to be a thing of the past.

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #786 on: December 03, 2006, 09:51:00 PM »
See Rules #2, #4
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 09:02:57 AM by Skuzzy »
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #787 on: December 03, 2006, 09:56:38 PM »
Perhaps HT didn't explain the reason behind all of this clearly enough.

This change isn't about furballers, strat killers or war winners. It's about bringing the game back to what it is intended to be....a game about COMBAT. The last few years, the game has become a game of combat AVOIDANCE. While this is a logical real world[/u] strategy, it really sucks for overall game play. Way more often than not, large groups attack seperate areas of the map and avoid contact with each other until they are forced into that situation. The game was never intended to be a Race to Reset game.

I am often amazed at the number of new people that don't have a clue about how satisfying succeeding versus a live opponent (or opponents) can be. They will simply send hours driving about in tanks and M3's taking undefended fields and believe that they are accomplishing something. In point of fact, they are missing the best part of the game...competition. Without it...folks might just as well play the damned game offline and save the $15 per month.

Oh..BTW, for those worried about being out classed by live opponents...

If I can be successful (and I can) ANYONE can. :D
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
« Reply #788 on: December 03, 2006, 09:59:14 PM »
Originally posted by KTM520guy
See Rule #5

Ummm Then I must be a trator to my squad and my way of playing for working with HT to try getting this system to work...

I'm a member of the Birds Of Prey (BOP), one of the largest multi winged squads in AH I would guess. And not only that I am CO of the Bomber wing....

Now I don't think you could get much farther from a furballer than I am.  So I really don't see how you figure it's the furballers fault if I can see where this system could be a good thing.   Granted the original try at this system is very furball oriented, it just crams to many people into a couple spots with not much in the way of variation but it is being looked into and hopefully fixed....

People need to look beyond the obvious clashes and deaper into the stratigic side of this system.. I think part of the problem is people go into LW Orange and see a very much furball oriented first try at the system and come in here without reading any of the posts about developing it and just start bashing away.   Also some of you furballer types arn't helping by responding to the anti furballer posts.    I would like people to ignore the inflamitory post and concentrate on constructive ones like in the other thread, it is almost all constructive ideas on how to make the system better than it is now.

Now look at this thread. I would say 75% of it is furballer VS toolsheder rubish.

If you can look beyond the surface of the basic system there is, can be and I think will be more to it than just 2 bases slamming togeather..

AGAIN I say just roll with the changes and see what it evolves into and don't take the first try at face value.  

Thank You    
            FLAYDone
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 06:47:57 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #789 on: December 03, 2006, 10:03:22 PM »
See Rule #2
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 06:50:11 AM by Skuzzy »
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing
Oinking Bases since 2000 AD

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #790 on: December 03, 2006, 10:05:41 PM »
See Rule #5
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 06:50:40 AM by Skuzzy »
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #791 on: December 03, 2006, 10:09:01 PM »
Ummm Then I must be a trator to my squad and my way of playing for working with HT to try getting this system to work...

I wouldn't think you are a trator... I just find it odd you have time to work on it. Aren't most men it Nyssa Or. down at "Miss Sally's this time of night? :O

Not that I would know anything about that place....

CAVALRY
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #792 on: December 03, 2006, 10:23:20 PM »
Originally posted by twitchy
See Rule #2

Because it's after office hours and HTC an Skuzzy are in the bar.  Not only that it's Sunday.

Usually the borads ain't monitored over the weekend.  If they don't delet on monday I'll be very suprised.

Hang in there :aok
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 06:51:33 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline MWL

• Nickel Member
« Reply #793 on: December 03, 2006, 10:56:57 PM »
Greetings,

I understand what HT is attempting to achieve.  Created a few wargames myself back in the ol' cardboard map and counter days. . . .   Anyway, one of the aspects missing in AH is the logistical piece.

Frankly, next to the intel piece, that was the most difficult to work into a game.  Lines of Communications (LOCs) drive strategic and grand tactical operations far more than the tactical objectives.  Up to this point in the game we have had a series of tactical engagements that decide the outcome of the war.  Little strategic thought (notice I did not say none) was required to 'win' the game.  Now one LOC will drives a county's advance.  Granted, this requires even less strategic thought - but from what I read, it is not the desired endstate.

Hopefully we get multiple lines of advance driven by the structure of a LOC from one or more LOC to another set of bases.  The frame work of the logistical lines will drive the advance / defense of an area.  Until now the ground, mountains and oceans were just something to be flown over (or driven), now the terrain can mean something and analysis for both offense and defense can be done.  

More importantly, the frame work can be changed for each type map which could result in a different problem set for the same map.  HT is adding grand tactical operations to the game.

Now, we need to put the fuel octain ratings back in the mix, a Spit / LA and Tiger factory in the strategic mix and add in the improvements to performance if you land your plane also . . . .

:noid

Regards,

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
« Reply #794 on: December 03, 2006, 11:04:50 PM »
Originally posted by CAV
I wouldn't think you are a trator... I just find it odd you have time to work on it. Aren't most men it Nyssa Or. down at "Miss Sally's this time of night? :O

Not that I would know anything about that place....

CAVALRY

Where are you located CAV?? sound close.      I think Miss Sally's has closed down, at least thats the way it looks. :)