Author Topic: n00bs please read....  (Read 1140 times)

Offline zorstorer

• Silver Member
n00bs please read....
« on: November 29, 2006, 08:51:30 PM »
Before posting another "I think AH needs the X aircraft" post, just spend about 20sec using that little thing called a search function.  It will save you lots of grief and flaming.

Thank you

Also Skuzzy might want to either sticky this or make one up, please for the love of all that holy and mentally balanced.

:aok

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
n00bs please read....
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 10:04:26 PM »
:lol  You're pissing up rope, Mech. I wish you the best of luck in this endeavor. ;)
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline zorstorer

• Silver Member
n00bs please read....
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 10:06:12 PM »
I know, maybe I should only read the boards once a month ;)

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
n00bs please read....
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 10:39:41 PM »
You also are not supposed to punt old topics... (Sometimes you get rule #13's and topic gets locked)
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline Martyn

• Nickel Member
n00bs please read....
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 02:55:11 PM »
The solution is real easy...
Start a new forum, 1 thread for each new plane/variant requested.
To see what's been requested simply look in the forum and add your own comment/vote/abuse as required.
Here we are, living on top of a molten ball of rock, spinning around at a 1,000mph, orbiting a nuclear fireball and whizzing through space at half-a-million miles per hour. Most of us believe in super-beings which for some reason need to be praised for setting this up. This, apparently, is normal.

Offline zorstorer

• Silver Member
n00bs please read....
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006, 03:00:56 PM »
Originally posted by Martyn
The solution is real easy...
Start a new forum, 1 thread for each new plane/variant requested.
To see what's been requested simply look in the forum and add your own comment/vote/abuse as required.

Now that is a good idea, maybe just sticky each aircraft.  Have to pm skuzzy to ask for a new thread?

Offline Martyn

• Nickel Member
n00bs please read....
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2006, 03:07:33 PM »
Yeh - I reckon.
That way we KNOW they know what we want (or talk about anyway).
And we know they know we know they know what we want...
Here we are, living on top of a molten ball of rock, spinning around at a 1,000mph, orbiting a nuclear fireball and whizzing through space at half-a-million miles per hour. Most of us believe in super-beings which for some reason need to be praised for setting this up. This, apparently, is normal.

Offline tedrbr

• Silver Member
n00bs please read....
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2006, 06:27:52 PM »
Originally posted by Martyn
Yeh - I reckon.
That way we KNOW they know what we want (or talk about anyway).
And we know they know we know they know what we want...

*aackk!!*  :O

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
n00bs please read....
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2006, 06:59:37 PM »
Is reading every thread required?
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline CAF51

• Copper Member
n00bs please read....
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2006, 08:31:25 PM »
Is this where I rant about how the B-29 is your new god and that it would make the game so much better, especially with it's Uber-l33t Nooke!!!!!111111

:p

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
n00bs please read....
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2006, 10:55:14 PM »
If you don't read every thread, you'll miss some of the comedic highlights of this board. Furball's MSPaint competition comes to mind immediately. Some true gems were lost in that thread.

And yes, we need a B29 Stardestroyer. That would pwn.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline sluggish

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
n00bs please read....
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2006, 11:01:35 PM »
I disagree.  I think that new people coming in and constantly asking for the same aircraft/vehicles shows Hitech that these are not just passing phases; these are things that many people coming into the game continuously notice are missing.  If you can't ignore the weekly "IWANTNOOK" thread then it would appear to me that you have an anger issue.

Oh, by the way, I think the game would greatly benefit from introducing the P-39, the B-25, the P-61 and a HEAVILY perked B-29 (without nookie and only available from rear bases).

Offline Martyn

• Nickel Member
n00bs please read....
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2006, 04:59:28 AM »
GAAAAHHHHH!!!

We've all heard these arguments over and over and over before.

Which is why we really need a separate forum - a special place for these requests.

On top of the planes, there's vehicles too. How many are there? And for the wet guys - the boats/ships are really under represented (E-boats, MTBs, Jap carriers etc. etc.).

Just how many different types of planes/vehicles/ships can AH support anyway?

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
n00bs please read....
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2006, 08:02:33 AM »
Unfortunately the search function won't let you search for 3 letter terms, like B29 or B-29 (it removes the -).  So much for that :)

Offline tedrbr

• Silver Member
n00bs please read....
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2006, 11:32:28 AM »
Originally posted by scottydawg
Unfortunately the search function won't let you search for 3 letter terms, like B29 or B-29 (it removes the -).  So much for that :)

Yeah, pretty good at setting themselves up for failure that way. So many planes designated by three alphanumeric descriptor.... and can't be searched for.