Author Topic: Lost interest  (Read 1027 times)

Offline COndor06

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.CondorAerial.com
Lost interest
« on: November 30, 2006, 01:56:07 AM »
It was a real pleasure flying with you guys and I made a lot of friends. I can't tell you how much fun I have had dog fighting and learning from some of the best cartoon fighter pilots I have ever seen and hanging out with my squad, Hells Angels. Maybe its just sour grapes on my part but I refuse to pay a monthly fee to be told what plane I can fly, where I have to fly it, and what arena I can fly in. I have spent months going through change, after change, after change and I feel like there is just too much control over the game for my taste. I spent 3 hours tonight and couldn't up a plane with an ENY value less than 20. I wish you all the best of luck and I will certainly miss hanging out with some of the most informed and skilled pilots I have ever had the privilege of flying with. I also wanted to say that as a former Army Helicopter pilot, that I have spent hundreds of hours in the air with lots of military trained pilots that don't have the insight or skills that I have witnessed in this arena. I think I will miss that the most. You guys are the best. If you ever wanted to belong to a squad that, in my humble opinion, knows every aircraft in the game inside and out with some of the best pilots I have ever seen, check out the Hells Angels. They are the best group of pilots I have ever been associated with. Good luck guys and keep um flyin. It has been a real pleasure being associated with people of your caliber.
Respectfully
Condor06  
:aok
Be careful what you shoot at. Most things
in here don't react too well to bullets.
Captain Marko Ramius:

http://www.CondorAerial.com

Offline Angry Samoan

• Silver Member
Lost interest
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 02:05:49 AM »
Slash do something
make him stay

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Lost interest
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 02:11:13 AM »
i'm truly sorry that you feel this way condor, i hope that you can find it in yourself to overcome the negatives that you see and enjoy the game some more.

unfortunately,all the restrictions that have been implemented recently are forced upon us by the nature of the human mind. without them things would only be fun for half the clients of the game whereas with the restrictions it is only a small handfull that dont feel like paying or playing anymore.

as i've said before...

Hitech does not get a perverted pleasure out of limiting anyone's fun, he brings new ideas into the game because the player base itself was limiting other peoples fun.

He has to find a happy medium that canplease as many people as possible at once, and i think he has got it just about right as it is.

as you must be able to imagine, this is the very hardest part of his job.

I do so very much hope you can find some interest in the game again, and fly with your squaddies once more!

all the best.

bat
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
Lost interest
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 02:21:39 AM »
Wait up a minute, Condor, give this thing a few days to gel...I'm assuming that what's going on in the LW Orange had alot to do with this, right? It's only that one arena, at the moment. Wait and see what happens...

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Lost interest
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 02:45:03 AM »
Agree with Frode, you are jumping the gun.  

Hell's Angels are a great group of guys, except for that Slash fella.   :)
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Lost interest
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006, 03:47:34 AM »
Condor, im truly sorry to hear you feel that way and even more sorry to see you go. Always been a pleasure fighting alongside or against you.

But i understand that if the game is no longer fun, there is a need to at least take a break. Get away from everything for a while, and do something different.

One day, youll feel the itch to get flying again, and the AH world will suddenly be looking a lot brighter again.

Good luck and see you back in a while hopefully!

21 is only half the truth.

Offline Blagard

• Nickel Member
Lost interest
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2006, 04:20:47 AM »
When I log on to play I usually head for the Arena with the most people in it. So I ended up in the test Orange last night. I didn't like it once I got bored of the Furballing. - In fact I had to remind myself it was a test because the thought of packing it in did come to mind!

In all honesty I should have been thinking whats going on in one of the other Arena's - I would no doubt enjoy the gameplay there if I bothered to go but I didn't.

Change can be a good thing, in fact it is essential. I don't like change but I run with it, as once you adapt, things settle down. - But change too frequently and you can't get settled and no longer enjoy the game. This is something that Hitech needs to be very careful about.

Right now you are not enjoying the game and I fully understand that means you feel like packing it in. But from my experience I would say hang on in there a bit longer - You will enjoy it again when this currently unsettling period is over.

Its good to air your thoughts on the forum so Hitech and his team can understand what their customers want. The reason I still play is because I know that the periods I go through not enjoying it WILL pass and that any change that doesn't work will not last.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
Lost interest
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2006, 04:56:36 AM »
Bummer, Your plane will be in the hangar waiting on you if you change your mind bud

Offline Pawz

• Nickel Member
Lost interest
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2006, 06:27:19 AM »
Condor sorry to see you go. I agree with Hitech 100% he's try to move this cartoon game forward for the best of the community. With this is mind some will not like the changes but if the game stayed the same you would leave anyway because you would get bored of doing the same ol thing.

See ya in two weeks :aok
When I die bury me in a P38.

I watch day after day, week after week, tour after tour, the Bishops and Rooks take bases and win maps while the Knights stand there with their thumbs stuck in their butts. It's just pathetic!

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Lost interest
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2006, 06:31:02 AM »
If you couldn't up a plane with a ENY of less than 20 your country must have had absurdly high #'s in that arena--I don't see how it's much fun flying in such a scenario
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline parin

• Copper Member
Lost interest
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2006, 07:02:55 AM »
And Good Luck.
Wgr 21 works great!

Quick Jam from SkyRock...

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Lost interest
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2006, 08:28:53 AM »
No we lost another one, when will it end :cry

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Bucky73

• Silver Member
Lost interest
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2006, 08:37:53 AM »
Condor....gonna miss ya bro. I can understand your frustration though. I hope you come back some time soon. I've been told by many that taking a month or two off from this game makes it far more enjoyable when you come back. I'm thinking of doing it myself.

Anyways, Your always welcome back with us (Slash said he would eject ANGRY to make room.):rofl

<<>>

Offline Whisky58

• Copper Member
Lost interest
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2006, 09:10:39 AM »
A thoughtful & measured statement Condor.

Give it a bit longer, AH needs guys like you. :)
Whisky

Offline vizwhiz

• Zinc Member
Lost interest
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2006, 09:55:42 AM »
I just want to say that I enjoyed flying with you last night, even though the test capture idea wasn't the best.  I appreciate flying with more mature members, and I am learning from watching the older guys do it right.  Hate to see you go, cuz I just got here, but if that's your choice, so long...was nice flying with you.
vizwhiz
If I'm a "zinc" member, then I should be called "The GALVANIZER"!