Author Topic: community has been SPLIT  (Read 2129 times)

Offline uberhun

• Nickel Member
community has been SPLIT
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2006, 06:02:04 PM »
Originally posted by FrodeMk3
But do you ever wonder...How much of what is said in here, influences behavior in the game arenas? People tend to best remember the negatives. I could see someone with a grudge in here, doing something inside the arenas' as a form of revenge. In my opinion, LW Orange is now more susceptible to this. I could see a good furball getting ruined by someone smarting from words uttered irresponsibly in here. We should run the forums like we are actually talking to one another in person...Take everyone in AH, Get them to Grapevine for a CON. See how many people actually talk smack to faces. People would humble really quick.

Oh no doubt! People really get offended in here if you do not agree with them.:lol It is really pathetic:rofl  Example: You hoed me and my dad is going to beat up your dad stuff all day long in here.:rofl  Grown adults gettin so bent out of shape about their cartoon cyber exsistence in here.:furious :mad: But..........Their are some really helpful areas in the bbs, training would be a great example also the tech pages and squad pages. Here it is cut throat.:t :cry  People have actually quit because of things said in here:rofl

Offline DaPup

• Copper Member
community has been SPLIT
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2006, 06:38:23 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
Hmmm Laurie... do mean like when we say we don't see the strategy in taking undefended fields, and avoiding interaction with other players, and you say it's because we're ignorant?

Is that the kind of thing you mean?

Or maybe you mean to say "this BB is just a playground for all the arsse lickers who feel they are superior to all others and feel they know it all"

What exactly are you trying to say? That more people are acting like you?

:O :rofl  too funny

Offline yayyyy

• Nickel Member
community has been SPLIT
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2006, 07:10:21 PM »
You're standing on a crowded bus, surrounded by others like yourself. Then the bus stops suddenly. If you don't have a good hand hold, you go flying forward into other passengers and start a domino effect!

yayyyy

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
community has been SPLIT
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2006, 08:12:03 PM »
With respect, you havent been in the game long enough to be talking about who is or isnt split. What, 2 months? Thats just enough time to learn the basics and start to get to know the community of AH. Post again next November.

...and the ch.200 psychotics and BB flamers have been here for a long time. Get used to it. ;)
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
community has been SPLIT
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2006, 08:34:59 PM »
Originally posted by Ball
:mad: :furious :mad: :furious :mad:

always someone around to prove the point..... and there you have it. everything laurie said is true.
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
community has been SPLIT
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2006, 07:34:11 AM »
Originally posted by Major Biggles
laurie, you've been here 3 months, so you don't have much of a clue. the changes have made AH a much nicer place, and a more enjoyable game.

been REGISETRED in BB for 3 months, played game for 11 months.

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
community has been SPLIT
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2006, 07:36:20 AM »
What major  biggles said is also an example of the unfair prejudice in this BB towards newer members. just because i've been registered for 3 months doesnt mean i havent played the game a lot longer

Offline dtango

• Silver Member
community has been SPLIT
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2006, 07:42:21 AM »
Originally posted by Laurie
What major  biggles said is also an example of the unfair prejudice in this BB towards newer members. just because i've been registered for 3 months doesnt mean i havent played the game a lot longer

Laurie seriously, from what I can tell the flaming that goes on in here has always been about that same.  Also most folks who play don't even venture in here and don't even know what's said in the BBS ....and don't care.

As an example - the 412th has been around AH for 5+ years.  We're currently full at 32 members.  Only 3 out of the 32 are even active in posting currently.  Over the course of the 5 years I'd say that the max we've had active in the BBS is about 4-5 with everyone else not even paying attention to what is said here.  I suspect that's pretty representative of the AH population.

Tango, XO
412th FS Braunco Mustangs
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 07:47:47 AM by dtango »
Tango / Tango412 412th FS Braunco Mustangs
"At times it seems like people think they can chuck bunch of anecdotes into some converter which comes up with the flight model." (Wmaker)

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
community has been SPLIT
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2006, 08:45:36 AM »

Laurie:

Even 11 months is pretty short to "know" what the culture is here. I'd say there's nothing different going on at all, especially if you allow for the stresses of major structural change.

This BBS does not GENERATE cultural differences, it expresses them. And if you have ANY experience with internet BBS's you'd have to admit that this one is pretty tame.

Check back...not sure if this was before your time, may have been pretty close to when you started. Dont know if you were lurking and not posting when the original Loose Cannons Alliance started their reign of silliness. (Their leader claimed that they "would change the nature of AH from now on...the day of the individual furballer is gone forever, the game has moved on to organized teamwork....etc, etc)

Anyway, the original LCA and AStone/XCephas triggered a wave of A2A vs capture game rhetoric that at least equals the last few threads -- and probably exceeeded it.

The LCA furor died down, and so will this.

You're way worked up, Laurie, over conflicts that will fade into background chatter very quickly. Time for another "deep cleansing breath" methinks......
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 08:49:39 AM by Simaril »
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
community has been SPLIT
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2006, 11:05:56 AM »
what i don't understand laurie is how you can comment on how fractured and how ugly the BB is, presumably because you claim to dislike these acts.....yet are more than willing to suggest and contribute to this fracturing.  a little ironic maybe?
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline PK1Mw

• Nickel Member
community has been SPLIT
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2006, 11:25:13 AM »
Someone must not read the BBs too much... things have been divided for a long time now.. haven't you seen the infamous "toolshedders" vs "furballers" threads?

The new arena system is great... if you can't find a fight in 1 arena, you move on to the next. What's wrong with that? "Waaaaaaaaa I can't fly with my squad"; make new friends, meet new wingies it's not that difficult.

It's funny.. everyone wanted to moan and groan about how the orignal MA was killing AH and how 200 was the ruin of the community. HTC came up with a away for those to didn't like La7s and spit16s to fly without them, how to somewhat slow down the hoard, and still provide somewhat of a stable environment for the players, and people STILL aren't happy. Granted there's still a few kinks to be worked out, but give it time. At least 2 weeks :D

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
community has been SPLIT
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2006, 11:57:10 AM »
I don't think it's possible to draw conclusions on the state of the game online from solely looking @ the BBS as a relatively small % of the player posts here, and from the sound of it that group of people are the ones that carry a strong opinion on various subjects.  

Also I think the strat guys have more to complain about these days than they did before.  Under the old system most the complaints where the furballers complaing about the bombers coming and ruining their fun and the bomber drivers defending their gameplay choices, but they were free to do more or less as they pleased in the MA.  They impacted the furballs more than the furballs impacted  their play.  Sure the furballers took country resources, ie players away from their goal, but by and far the battle cry of the furballer was just "leave us alone". With the current set up the players are forced together.  The furballer is happy because now he/she has more targets to shoot at, but is otherwise seen his game change very little.  Whereas the strat player has seen a dramatic change in what he/she can or can't do online, and we all tend to react to sudden changes with fear and loathing, so of course the tendency is to come here and cry foul and scream bloody murder.

I think the current strat system in the Orange arena is a good experiment and as evidence by posts by HT today needs, and will see some tweaking if we all have a little patience.  The game is changing, but we should all ride it out and see where those changes take us.  Just because a few bases are actually capturable doesn't mean that attacking the surrounding areas are devoid of strategic value.  The new system still allows an interdiction campaign to make it easier to advance the front line in your countries favor.  I think there are still a lot of strategic options there we just have to find them.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
community has been SPLIT
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2006, 12:21:29 PM »
Originally posted by FrodeMk3
Well, Karaya...when you go into the MA's and fly, do you simply forget about what people say in here, or do you let it influence your fighting?

And, when you went to the con, did you go in with a clean slate(as far as what people who were at the con, and regularly post in here are concerned?) Or, did you not associate with those you knew to flame?

Note: It's not the people that you know to not take a flaming well...It's those you have no knowledge of, that are more likely to do something due to this BBS.

I ended up barking at someone who became verbally abusive to Bernd (DmdBen).   This person was spewing "Bush propoganda and terrorist drivel" to someone who took the time to fly from Germany to participate and mingle.   I shut his hole with two sentences, no yelling or cussing.   Not ONE PERSON that attended complained, but actually "thanked me" or "supported me".  

I appreciate you "backing up your squaddie".   I've done the same for people throughout my life Frode, and will continue to do so.   If you THINK if I go to con I'd be pissed at anyone you're wrong.   Well maybe one person that broke up the 47 RONIN squad a few us were in.   But, I wouldn't go right up to him, if that's what you mean.

Class, some have it, some don't and I do.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
community has been SPLIT
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2006, 12:46:16 PM »
I am certain with one thing, the communtiy IS split. its 6 and half a dozen of the other.We're all part of it.

I admit maybe i dont have the experience or greater knowledge  of a long termer ,but,

If this is a first impression form someone fairly new to BB. Then its a sad state of affairs. i accept people dont get on, but ive seen some ppl go toooo far in here, i know we all make mistakes but..

All Agree?

P.S. i just got in time for that 'anti AvA' thing, and that was an example of things going too far,

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
community has been SPLIT
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2006, 12:58:11 PM »
I am certain with one thing, the communtiy IS split. its 6 and half a dozen of the other.We're all part of it.

I admit maybe i dont have the experience or greater knowledge  of a long termer ,but,

If this is a first impression form someone fairly new to BB. Then its a sad state of affairs. i accept people dont get on, but ive seen some ppl go toooo far in here, i know we all make mistakes but..

All Agree?

P.S. i just got in time for that 'anti AvA' thing, and that was an example of things going too far,

Nah, it isn't split.   The AH BBS is the most comedic forum I attend.   This should have a movie modeled after it.   It'd go through the roof in sales.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC