Author Topic: community has been SPLIT  (Read 2130 times)

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
community has been SPLIT
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2006, 01:12:49 PM »
Originally posted by Laurie
If this is a first impression form someone fairly new to BB. Then its a sad state of affairs. i accept people dont get on, but ive seen some ppl go toooo far in here, i know we all make mistakes but..

All Agree?

No. You've said far worse in the last few days than most of the posters here ever will. While there are some that are equally nasty or worse, most are content to voice their opinions, read the opinions of others, comment, read follow up comments, etc. When you've been around long enough to get and contribute something positive (or at least refrain from the negatives), then you're welcome to comment. In the meantime, if you're just going to insist on calling us ignorant arselickers, then as far as I'm concerned, you can get stuffed.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
community has been SPLIT
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2006, 01:20:03 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
No. You've said far worse in the last few days than most of the posters here ever will. While there are some that are equally nasty or worse, most are content to voice their opinions, read the opinions of others, comment, read follow up comments, etc. When you've been around long enough to get and contribute something positive (or at least refrain from the negatives), then you're welcome to comment. In the meantime, if you're just going to insist on calling us ignorant arselickers, then as far as I'm concerned, you can get stuffed.

PwNED ...  :O
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Patches1

• Nickel Member
Ah Community Split?
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2006, 01:28:25 PM »
I don't think so....here is why

Bomber Squads continue to Bomb
Attack Squads continue to Attack
GV Squads continue to .......GV
Fighter Squads continue to Furball

And Individuals continue to voice Malcontent

I fail to see any split in the AH Community
"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, General, USMC

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
community has been SPLIT
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2006, 01:35:07 PM »
CC, Karaya. I know that my last post sounded a little like a personal attack, srry if it came across as one.

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
community has been SPLIT
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2006, 03:11:45 PM »
when i say too far i mean 'forming sides against opinoins' as someone else stated in this thread about a grpoup toolshedders formaing a gruop against AvA players, that is too far and kinda lame.

Offline Quah!

• Copper Member
community has been SPLIT
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2006, 03:19:46 PM »
The community is not split any more than what is was.  There are multiple styles of game play possible and that will of course group people into different categories.  And this is not such a bad thing.

The BBs are not ugly, there are some that get ugly in some threads and that is unfortunate.  Many members make a consorted effort not to cross that line.  It's ok to disagree and have different opinions that is what makes the world go round.

There is also a lot of jabbing, tongue in cheek so to speak going on as well.

Personally I think with the latest changes the community will be coming together  like never before.  :aok

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
community has been SPLIT
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2006, 03:21:35 PM »
might aswell get a guy on the keyboard for cumbiah now, geeze. lol

Offline Quah!

• Copper Member
community has been SPLIT
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2006, 03:22:29 PM »
Done and done LOL :D :aok

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
community has been SPLIT
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2006, 04:06:01 PM »
Originally posted by FrodeMk3
CC, Karaya. I know that my last post sounded a little like a personal attack, srry if it came across as one.

Absolutely no harm done from you Frode.   <> and cya in the Arenas.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Monster0

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.vetgamer.com
community has been SPLIT
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2006, 05:32:03 PM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
Nah, it isn't split.   The AH BBS is the most comedic forum I attend.   This should have a movie modeled after it.   It'd go through the roof in sales.

So true and include rants from 200 : >

As long as HT keeps 200 and bbs around it's all good for me.

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
community has been SPLIT
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2006, 07:30:21 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
w00t!
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Hammy

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.leedsstarafc.co.uk
community has been SPLIT
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2006, 07:39:33 PM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
I ended up barking at someone who became verbally abusive to Bernd (DmdBen).   This person was spewing "Bush propoganda and terrorist drivel" to someone who took the time to fly from Germany to participate and mingle.   I shut his hole with two sentences, no yelling or cussing.   Not ONE PERSON that attended complained, but actually "thanked me" or "supported me".  

I appreciate you "backing up your squaddie".   I've done the same for people throughout my life Frode, and will continue to do so.   If you THINK if I go to con I'd be pissed at anyone you're wrong.   Well maybe one person that broke up the 47 RONIN squad a few us were in.   But, I wouldn't go right up to him, if that's what you mean.

Class, some have it, some don't and I do.

TOOT TOOT.........oh i don't need to blow your trumpet, you are doing ok on your own :rolleyes:

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
community has been SPLIT
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2006, 09:38:27 PM »
He's right, the community has been split.

Those who take the game seriously...

Those who dont...

And those that can't remember what happened in AH the next morning:aok

Offline FBplmmr

• Silver Member
community has been SPLIT
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2006, 09:21:32 AM »
Originally posted by PK1Mw
Someone must not read the BBs too much... things have been divided for a long time now.. haven't you seen the infamous "toolshedders" vs "furballers" threads?

.... :D

I think I must be a "furshedder" .. but I'm pretty sure the rest of you guys are "toolballers":p

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
community has been SPLIT
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2006, 01:05:48 PM »
Originally posted by FBplmmr
I think I must be a "furshedder" .. but I'm pretty sure the rest of you guys are "toolballers":p

Anybody else remember that ancient Star Trek episode (ie the Shatner series) where there was an endless war on a planet with folks who had their face coloring split half white and half black? The guys with white on the RIGHT half were hating on the guys with white on the LEFT half...
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad