Author Topic: Vehicle perks for manning the guns...  (Read 560 times)

Offline DYNAMITE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.texasaircav.com/
Vehicle perks for manning the guns...
« on: December 01, 2006, 01:54:11 PM »
I did a quick search and didn't see anything posted about this before (but sorry if it's been covered already).

I was just thinking that we should reward folks who defend bases and ships with their filed guns.  I just don't see why we don't get a few GV perkies for getting kills with these maned guns.

Thoughts?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 02:17:45 PM »
Of course you would have to be killed then when the gun is destroyed, not "landed" as it is now.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline DYNAMITE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.texasaircav.com/
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 04:48:57 PM »
works for me...i'd rather have the perks... My taste for Tigers is growing expensive ;)

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ltar.org
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 10:30:01 PM »
Sounds fair to me, but like a few have stated, only if you "land um" and not get killed.

Nice idea tho:aok

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2006, 11:04:39 PM »
They used to count toward the vehicle perks and score. It is a "feature" of AHII that they don't count.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2006, 01:40:54 PM »
Don't know if it's intentional or not, but it would seem to encourage people to up aircraft or vehicles more, and to just use guns for temporary defenses, not as a means of perkfarming. Can you imagine how many carriers would be hugging the shoreline peppering the runways if people got perks for that kind of thing?
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2006, 07:06:19 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
Don't know if it's intentional or not, but it would seem to encourage people to up aircraft or vehicles more, and to just use guns for temporary defenses, not as a means of perkfarming. Can you imagine how many carriers would be hugging the shoreline peppering the runways if people got perks for that kind of thing?

Hmmm....you get perks and score for shooting aircraft on the ground. Sounds more like farming to me. Get to harvest perks and score with no danger to yourself.

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline badhorse

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2006, 07:10:28 AM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
Can you imagine how many carriers would be hugging the shoreline peppering the runways if people got perks for that kind of thing?

Works for me. I sank a carrier last night with a SB that was "hugging the shoreline".   Bring 'em on!

:aok
Always try and be the person your dog thinks you are.

Offline Geary420

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2006, 08:09:20 AM »
Originally posted by DYNAMITE
works for me...i'd rather have the perks... My taste for Tigers is growing expensive ;)

Then learn how to shoot with an osti, if you're a decent shot then thats the best perk farmer there is, its what? 40eny I think.  I make so much off the flak that tigers are the only thing I ever drive simply because the perks aren't even an issue anymore.