Author Topic: 7 Reasons to shout, "oh my, I am terrified!!"  (Read 569 times)

Offline Red Tail 444

• Gold Member
      • http://www.redtail.org
7 Reasons to shout "oh my, I am terrified!!"
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2006, 11:43:43 AM »
Originally posted by Tac
Well the knife certainly wont do much vs a shark.

I was taught to use the knife to bang the metal blade against the metal of my scuba tank and that WILL drive the sharks away.

Never used that trick against a feeding-frenzied shark, but I have used it when I start noticing more than 2 of them having a strange interest in me. The metallic clanging hurts them and makes them lose interest in you.

I guess if the shark is really going after me... well... id try to make him swallow the scuba tank first ;)

Yeah they are opportunists at best. Once they realize you;re not part of their diet, they usually find an easier catch, but if they are already agitated, or frenzied, not much you can do about it.

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2006, 12:23:15 PM »
Bat, Number 4: My friend at a party!
       Number 5: My single table's order
       Number 6: Its my Lima-Iquitos flight in Peru!
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2006, 07:18:49 PM »
lol funny replies. my favorite is cutting your partner to make the sharks eats him instead haha brilliant
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2006, 07:38:10 PM »
You don't have to outswim the shark, just the slowest one in your group.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2006, 08:09:45 PM »
thats like this joke, two guys on safari in africa when a mighty lion starts prowling towards them. quickly the first guy get some running shoes out of his backpack and puts them on. " you think those shoes will make you run faster than a lion??" laughs his petrified friend. "I dont need to run faster than the lion...." comes the reply.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]