Author Topic: tank bunkers  (Read 829 times)

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
tank bunkers
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2006, 01:36:27 PM »
I remember hiding an M-16 in one of the tunnels, coming out long enough to shoot a burst off then reversing back into it. It was loads of fun getting kill messages from them trying to get me.  :rofl
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
tank bunkers
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2006, 03:43:47 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
To be honest, I don't remember what AH1 V bases look like anymore. yay beer.

The original VH's were camoflauge netting.  I miss those vehicle bunkers and tunnels too.  Why do things like that go away?

Oh yeah, yay beer!
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
tank bunkers
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2006, 05:09:18 PM »
they should bring em back, would be fun and make gv'ing more interesting.

Offline Softail

• Copper Member
tank bunkers
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2006, 05:58:35 PM »
Yes it would but GV'ing is not the focus of AH today.  See "invisible hills", "scewed up spawn hangers when bombed", "ricochets of AP rounds off the hoods of  M3's", "Tigers that flip on twigs", "blurry trees at distance when fully zoomed in gun sight", "only 3 ack guns to protect a GV bases", etc, etc, etc.    

I loved the tunnels.  They were a great defilade position.  They were bomb proof too!!! unlike the bridges of today!   If you wanted someone out of a tunnel...you had to work for it.  You had to dig them out like a tick buried up to its a**! " ;-)

My favorite ploy was to hide in a tunnel...wait for a tank to cross the bridge...drive out with barrel up and nail em!  

They were great hiding places from aircraft too, your Icon would never show up unless the enemy plane was at a very low angle to see you.

Softail

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
tank bunkers
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2006, 12:23:16 AM »
Originally posted by Slash27
I really thought those were in AH1 and didnt make it to AH2.:huh

No I belive they first poped up in AH2 We had some screen shots that Spork42 took in the beta test days of AH2 of the tunnels.     I just don't understand why HTC took them out.
:confused:
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
tank bunkers
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2006, 04:12:49 AM »
would be cool if HT could tell us why they went/if he still has them available to be put back in game. they sound real fun/interesting

Offline Spiritin

• Nickel Member
Ah the Sheep!
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2006, 07:52:08 AM »
The reason that WWll POlish pilots wore long wellington boots became apparent when  a downed Pole was spotted with the hind legs of a sheep stuck in each of his wellies.
Well I never!
"I'm just going for a spin in the old Lagonda with a brace of popsies"

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
tank bunkers
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2006, 09:03:43 AM »
Originally posted by Flayed1
No I belive they first poped up in AH2 We had some screen shots that Spork42 took in the beta test days of AH2 of the tunnels.     I just don't understand why HTC took them out.
:confused:

Yep, I had forgot that we only hand the camo mesh hangars in AH1. I do hope the make a come back, it was pretty cool.