Author Topic: 107th Red Devils  (Read 657 times)

Offline Basco2

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.aimtoday.com
107th Red Devils
« on: December 04, 2006, 07:55:16 PM »
Join the 107th Red Devils, and enjoy an amazing host of bomb raids, dogfights, large scales, and more! Now i'm not the most experienced player, but i'm gettin' real good, and i expect to be an ace by the end of this week. I know that noobs training noobs=disaster, but i hope the people with little experience but great knowledge can help each other. The web site i've created isn't ready yet  but when it is i'll post it up.Join the Red Devils!:aok

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
107th Red Devils
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 07:58:52 PM »
Just a lil advice.

Join up with a already formed squad learn from there CO and hang with schatzi in the TA to learn the ropes before you make your own squad  best of luck to ya
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline porkfrog

• Nickel Member
107th Red Devils
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 09:51:28 PM »
Now i'm not the most experienced player, but i'm gettin' real good, and i expect to be an ace by the end of this week.

I'll attribute this one to youthful exuberance =)
-JoLLY
Pigs On The Wing

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
Re: 107th Red Devils
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 10:35:15 PM »
Originally posted by Basco2
snips... Now i'm not the most experienced player, but i'm gettin' real good, and i expect to be an ace by the end of this week. snips.... I know that noobs training noobs=disaster, but i hope the people with little experience but great knowledge can help each other.

I have been playing this game for a while now. I am neither Famous , Infamous , nor worth beans at it. Quite frankly I lose most of the fights I'm in. There is no substitution for learning from others before becoming the leader of people. I'm telling you the truth here.

I suggest you join a squad first. One with some old timers in it that are willing to show you the ropes first. Then after say a year or so and after you understand the basics of what your trying to do , embark on trying to form your own squad.

Becoming an ACE in this Simulation after a week? Yeah...best of luck with that.

Theres quite a few in this game that will smoke you in 2 or 3  turns. When you can beat those guys...then you have something going. When you can beat the guys that can beat you even faster than those few turns , then and only then can you call yourself an ace. Thats when you'll be #1 most of the time in a fighter and not lose more than a hand full a tour.

Good Luck.
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline trotter

• Silver Member
107th Red Devils
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 11:14:46 PM »
large scales?

must be ace talk.

Offline Schutt

• Silver Member
107th Red Devils
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2006, 03:53:22 PM »
If you want dogfight in 109K4 or tempest ask me, always open to learn how to fly :). I am verry medicore, should be able to learn plenty of you.

Offline Basco2

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.aimtoday.com
107th Red Devils
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2006, 03:56:35 PM »
lol, why you people crackin' down on me???
Idget it. I have eben in an older squadron, the Bombardment Division. Me and my friends want a new squad. So i thought i'd make one. Btw i will be an ace by the end of this week, i made 2 kills today already... and i only been playin for 1 hour so far today. Large scale is my word for an all out free for all wit like 50 people.

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
107th Red Devils
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2006, 04:57:38 PM »
Yo, be yo own bad self!  Git you a squad dats tight!

Bring in da wheezy wit  da cheezies an knock dem suckas out!

Giggity diggit!

Word.

Peace out.

RTR
The Damned

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
107th Red Devils
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2006, 05:09:54 PM »
getting 5 kills in AH doesn't make you an ace...

to be an 'ace' at this game you need to have played for years. if you're new, you've got a long way to go ;)

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline Reynolds

• Gold Member
      • http://flyingknights.csmsites.com
107th Red Devils
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2006, 06:26:08 PM »
Originally posted by Basco2
lol, why you people crackin' down on me???
Idget it. I have eben in an older squadron, the Bombardment Division. Me and my friends want a new squad. So i thought i'd make one. Btw i will be an ace by the end of this week, i made 2 kills today already... and i only been playin for 1 hour so far today. Large scale is my word for an all out free for all wit like 50 people.

Now, lets start by cleaning up the gramar there:

"lol, why are you people crackin'g down on me???
I dont get it. I have been in an older squadron, the Bombardment Division. Me and my friends want a new squad. So i thought i'd make one. Btw i will be an ace by the end of this week,. i made 2 kills today already... and i only been playin for 1 hour so far today. Large scale is my word for an all out free-for-all with like 50 people."

Okay, thats done, next, logic!

What situation did you get those two kills in? La-7 vs. P-40B? Or something more challenging.

Why are we "crakin down" on you? Because you are simply making another squad that in no way sets itself apart from all of the others. Also, there is a point here. I made a squad without being in an older one, but I had a damned good reason for that. Mine is now one of only 2 (to my knowledge) DEDICATED bomber squads. Therefore, mine offered something new, and the only reason I made it, was because no one else would. Trust me, it is often better to be a member of a squad than a leader.

Offline 68wolf

• Copper Member
107th Red Devils
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2006, 09:52:03 PM »
serenity that is not a challege a challege is me challeging you to the DA you in your airplane and wingman agaist my wingman and my airplane. can you handle that reply if your not chicken.

<> Serenity

srry just had to trow in some trash talk in here lol

no though if you want to land kills land them in someing like a spit or a 109 or 190 or something anything but a nikki, la, yak, a6m's ( incase you up from a CV).

<> JB76 signing off.

Offline Schutt

• Silver Member
107th Red Devils
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2006, 12:53:41 PM »
Hey Basco,

take it easy. Ask one of the COs of a big squad, the stuff they got to take each day is much worse.

But, to anwser you question, you dont provide the facts that will draw people to your squad, as in flight times, aircraft preferences, squad night day and time, core intention, second in command.

While your promises are great there is not a hint of how that will get achieved. Having a squad which provides evrything is not possible, so when you promise that some of us try to hint at it to avoid new players jump in and get disappointed.

Now if it is
"We are a bunch of teenagers and all that old farts can play in another squad with their logics and reasoning",
"We fly BFMs and use strict organisation to get well organized missions"
or whatever, you should paint one color and not try to be evrything.

ciao schutt

Offline jasta11

• Zinc Member
107th Red Devils
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2006, 04:42:04 PM »
if it doesn't crash and burn within the first few days like most high school bands, you've got something going.  best wishes...

-J11