Author Topic: new idea near end of reset  (Read 434 times)

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
new idea near end of reset
« on: December 06, 2006, 08:16:53 PM »
as most of us have noticed, if a country is about to be reset now, instead of fighting on, they just log and go to another arena.... this has made the "final" battles (on BOTH sides) a lot less interesting. If you are the attacker you have nothing to attack, and if you are the defender, you are on your own basically.

so..... while playing hearts of Iron i thought about maybe starting 262 development, and then i thought of the reasons why... the 262 and tigers was last ditched efforts to create a wonder weapon, that would turn the tide.... or that's what they wished.

so, what about halving the perk plane costs when a country is down to its last bases? this way the advancing countries will come across harder planes and gvs....

....well in theory anyway. lol

(its funny ideas night in my head)
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline The Fury

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 10:31:37 AM »
I understand were your coming from Overlag.

ie. someone (somePeople) is on knights and getting pounded badly they have about 10 bases left then that someone (somepeople) would change to rook or bish so they can have some fun with the the heavily outnumbered loosing knights. But if they could up super uber planes when getting trounced it might make people think about staying on the getting beaten badly side instead of going for nice and easy winning the war tactic.

Thats how i saw your post anyway :aok

And i agree with ya why not just test it to see what happens ? :aok

(getting ready to dodge):noid
The Few
England    www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
The Few  (Tour 77)                                                                                            Currently Flying as Fury

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 05:26:19 AM »
Perked aircraft already get drastically cheaper when you're heavily outnumbered. Maybe you were meaning to have them free? It's late and I don't think I caught it.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 05:32:50 AM »
Me 262 cost are already usually halved for the country close to losing reset due to rapidly diminishing number of players.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline The Fury

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2006, 07:27:22 PM »
Originally posted by OOZ662
Perked aircraft already get drastically cheaper when you're heavily outnumbered. Maybe you were meaning to have them free? It's late and I don't think I caught it.

There ya go problem solved who said HT didnt listen?

:aok

My mistake i totally forgot that it was already like that i can be a real dumb a** sometimes. :huh

Then again i rarely fly perked planes but thats a whole different post.

:aok
The Few
England    www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
The Few  (Tour 77)                                                                                            Currently Flying as Fury

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2006, 07:58:36 PM »
Originally posted by Lusche
Me 262 cost are already usually halved for the country close to losing reset due to rapidly diminishing number of players.

thats a design fault in having multiple arenas..... it never used to be that way.
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline FireBeta

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.bf2videos.com
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2006, 10:01:58 PM »
Originally posted by Overlag
thats a design fault in having multiple arenas..... it never used to be that way.

Yeap and if there was still one MA with 750 slots we wouldnt have this problem now would we. Problem Solved.