Author Topic: new tank  (Read 1152 times)

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
new tank
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2006, 04:41:08 PM »
..... err I made a mistake... Jester is correct,76.2 mm. the point of the request was for the speed.There are surely better tank killers,bigger mobile guns,but there are few truely fast GV's in the game.The ones that move cant protect themselves,so I thought the hellcat would fill a nice spot.
..... but then what do I know...."he's a nooob".::huh :noid

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
new tank
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2006, 05:12:49 PM »
Originally posted by morfiend
..... err I made a mistake... Jester is correct,76.2 mm. the point of the request was for the speed.There are surely better tank killers,bigger mobile guns,but there are few truely fast GV's in the game.The ones that move cant protect themselves,so I thought the hellcat would fill a nice spot.

No biggie there - just a minor mistake most make. However the 3" gun (76.2mm) was nothing like the 75mm found on the M4 Sherman even though it was just slightly larger. It was a real "TANK KILLER" on par with the British 17 pdr and the high velocity 75mm used on the German Panzers.

I agree with you 110% - with this armament combined with the Hellcat's speed and small size it would be a great addition to the vehicle roster. It's only weakness will be to aircraft because of the open turret top.

..... but then what do I know...."he's a nooob".::huh :noid

Don't sweat that mate - that was a friendly jab aimed more at Zorstorer than you.  ;)
Always glad to have another "Tread Head" on the BBS. Welcome Aboard! Lets hope we will see the Hellcat or others soon.

!  :aok
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline zorstorer

• Silver Member
new tank
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2006, 10:49:48 PM »
Jester :)

I would like to see a more in depth ground game, artillery, more vehicle choices, etc...

Wonder when someone will pop in and say "thats why this is called ACES high and not WW2OL"  ;)

Though whats wrong with more and varied targets :aok

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
new tank
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2006, 04:09:23 PM »
Originally posted by zorstorer
Jester :)
Though whats wrong with more and varied targets :aok

Agreed  :aok

AH has the potential to become the "ULTRA" WW2 Combat Sim that will put both WW2OL & IL-2 to shame if that potential is developed right. Would be nice to see - only time will tell though...........

!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 04:12:43 PM by Jester »
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline VooWho

• Silver Member
new tank
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2006, 04:21:43 PM »
comming up next is infintry.
Non Sibi Sed Patriae!

Offline JETBLST

• Copper Member
new tank
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2006, 06:06:48 PM »
Hey I just found my search button.  Sorry we noobs get under the skin of the senior members.:furious   When did y'all say you were teaching again?  Havent seen too many of ya teaching us noobs much.  Ya sure like shooting us down though.  

KILLL:D

Offline VooWho

• Silver Member
new tank
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2006, 06:25:15 PM »
Here is a teaching. Stay on topic please, thank you come again. (in India voice)
Non Sibi Sed Patriae!

Offline migeater

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/elemental_sk8r_kid/
new tank
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2006, 10:03:45 PM »
Originally posted by KILLLJOY
Hey I just found my search button.  Sorry we noobs get under the skin of the senior members.:furious   When did y'all say you were teaching again?  Havent seen too many of ya teaching us noobs much.  Ya sure like shooting us down though.  

Dude, You just ruined the whole topic with your off-topic comment

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ltar.org
new tank
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2006, 03:20:27 AM »

Sorry some of the people on here don't use the brain before posting, chaulk up to human nature.

Feel free to ask questions or submit ideas on planes and veh's, I'll try to help where I can.

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
new tank
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2006, 05:39:54 AM »
Sorry we noobs get under the skin of the senior members.:furious  

As Moil said - don't worry about it. That is just a select few of those that "Haunt" the BBS. Feel free to make any comments (within reason) or ask any questions you want to find the answers to - you pay your money each month you have just as much rights as they do. Always good to have new players.

Welcome to AH!   GOOD LUCK AND GOOD HUNTING!  :aok

!
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"