Author Topic: IRQ Conflict?  (Read 390 times)

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
IRQ Conflict?
« on: November 18, 2001, 11:14:00 PM »
Here's the problem:
I had a hard crash on AH, and in rebooting, my BIOS settings got reset.  I reinitialized them and came up.
Since then, whenever I play AH online, I get this annoying stuttering.  FR will be steady at 37, for example, but several times a second, the screen will freeze.  I tried playing AH in offline mode while connected to the internet, and I did not get this problem.
I then checked my IRQ information, and found my modem and vid card on the same IRQ.
Here's my question:
how the hell do you break 'em apart?
I've tried switching between bios-controlled PnP and OS-control, no dice.  I've tried uninstalling the modem and letting it reinstall it. No good.
I have plenty of IRQs lying around they will work.  Do I have to physically remove the hardware or flush the ECSD information to solve this?
Anybody know how to fix this up?

Offline Brent Stevens

• Zinc Member
      • http://personal.atl.bellsouth.net/lig/s/t/stev2891/
IRQ Conflict?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2001, 05:54:00 AM »
>Do I have to physically remove the hardware?

Yes, and reboot after each installation. Try moving to different slots as well.

Offline mrsid2

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
IRQ Conflict?
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2001, 09:14:00 AM »
Dinger move your NIC one slot down in your motherboard. If that doesn't help, make sure you don't have ACPI enabled - that will force you to share IRQ's.

Unless ACPI is messing up your setup, changing the slot where the PCI card is installed usually does the trick.

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
IRQ Conflict?
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2001, 12:16:00 PM »
Yup, I shifted it one slot, and kicked it off the IRQ.
Unfortunately, I guess that wasn't the problem.  Now I'm out of ideas as to what could be causing this.  I guess I'm grounded  :(