Author Topic: "Secondary Membership"  (Read 521 times)

Offline vizwhiz

• Zinc Member
"Secondary Membership"
« on: December 09, 2006, 06:05:43 PM »
I would like to suggest that HTC add a "secondary membership" or "family plan" with the following concept.

I would like my wife to be able to fly gunner for me on bombers, or to be my tank gunner while I drive.  Basically, I would like her to be able to "join" me while I'm flying.

However, I don't think it would be fair to have to pay an additional $14.95 for that membership because she really won't be using the complete system, just joining me.  I would gladly pay an additional $5 on MY membership for each "secondary membership", persons who could be signed up to "join" me when I fly...my wife, my son who lives in another state, etc.  They don't necessarily need to have their own membership, my wife, for example, will never fly by herself - only to be on when I am.

It could work based on login, etc. where if a secondary logs on, it automatically checks to ensure that the "main" member is logged on.  If so, they can send a join request, just as you can do now.

Within the "main" membership, you would have a place to "add a secondary membership", which would take you to the credit card stuff, ask you to input the new UserID, etc.  

Once set up, that ID would work online only via a join request.

This would probably also encourage more users of "multi-player" equipment such as bombers, tanks, ships, etc. because they would have a means of bringing in extra people for such missions without the expense of everyone having to have their own membership.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 06:10:48 PM by vizwhiz »
If I'm a "zinc" member, then I should be called "The GALVANIZER"!

Offline Debonair

• Gold Member
"Secondary Membership"
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 12:21:44 AM »
a warning about flying with your wife:
http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?ev_id=20001212X18632

Offline moneyguy

• Silver Member
"Secondary Membership"
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 06:54:13 PM »
"THE PILOT IN COMMAND'S IMPROPER INFLIGHT DECISION TO DIVERT HER ATTENTION TO OTHER ACTIVITIES NOT RELATED TO THE CONDUCT OF THE FLIGHT..."

:rofl

Offline mamba2

• Copper Member
      • http://home.mchsi.com/~fightclub/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html
"Secondary Membership"
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 05:34:04 AM »
U got your wife hooked up on this.  Niiice.! (LOL! Cant a dog get a bone? :rofl  :rofl  :rofl)

Offline devil956

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
"Secondary Membership"
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 05:01:15 PM »
nice got ur wife in on it:aok  we need more girl playerz.