Author Topic: Your Favorite Kill  (Read 4170 times)

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Your Favorite Kill
« on: December 09, 2006, 09:30:46 PM »
So here's a question, what was the favorite kill you've scored in your AH careers?

I happen to be partial tonight to one of my most recent:

I'd just downed an La-7 near his base, (short fight, he tried to dive out and run for the ack, passed too high over the base, and I nailed him when he tried to swing back around) and was turning to cruise home low on gas. Yeah, I was also trying to bait the guy to come back up again, which he did. I'm maintaining by climb to about 7k, then leveled out on a course home, keeping an eye on the dot climbing up behind me.

He reaches con range and, surprise surprise,, it was an La-7, climbing for all he's worth to reach my altitude, which after I'm just leaving his field's dar circle he does, about 5k out. He noses down to accelerate, thinking he's going to slip in on my six unawares (which I'm intentionally allowing him to close so he thinks he's succeeded).

As he hits 3000 yards distance, I throw full power and RPM, punch WEP and snap into a Split-S under him. Rather than try and follow he goes nose-high and tries to pull into a loop to evade. As he begins to cross over my line of flight I roll 180 into an Immelmann, close into 400 yards before I complete my loop and let him have it in the wing.

I leveled out and turned for home (adding three B-24s to my tally on the way in). When I get the kill message on the La, as I expected it was the same guy as not a few minutes before.

It can be so entertaining ruining the plans of the sortie spoilers hoping to pop you in the back when you turn for home. :D
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline kamilyun

• Silver Member
Your Favorite Kill
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 09:43:53 PM »
262 vs 262 fights.

I've killed 2.  1 a simple chased down, 6 shot, the other a scissors snapshot.

Biggest adrenaline rush in the game.  Perkies ain't a HUGE thing, but it puts a little bit more on the line :)

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
Your Favorite Kill
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006, 09:46:41 PM »
I was flying N. Africa in the old CT.  In a Spit I got into with 2 Emil's in a canyon on the west side of the map.  Had my starboard aileron shot off from an earlier engagement.  After an epic struggle on the deck in the canyon I manage to shoot down both Emil's.  Seriously low on fuel I landed at a nearby friendly field, the engine dying as I came to a halt.  

One of the most satisfying moments in my AH career, when I had one.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Your Favorite Kill
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 10:01:38 PM »
Blasting Stang's 262 one night while he was hunting squaddies. He never saw it coming. :)
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Your Favorite Kill
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2006, 10:16:23 PM »
mine was maybe one week ago, redtop was chasing a 190 up at 23,000 feet around for 25 mins who just wouldnt fight. climbing higher the whole time and running when not able to. in the end he gave up and came down to help me with a few lower cons. as he did the 190 followed with obvious intent and i pulled up and shot his belly up as he dived past me to shoot redtop. my 6 50cals tore his tail off and he went down.  

SYSTEM: you have shot down 0DALLAS0

oh the whines and screams a foul stroke were melodic and the PMs almost sidesplitting.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Rocket

• Nickel Member
Your Favorite Kill
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2006, 10:28:59 PM »
It is always a great kill when you buffer says
"You have shot down Hitech"

:D

(tho he has killed me more :P )

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Your Favorite Kill
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2006, 10:46:06 PM »
A couple of years ago I got locked into a fight (C205{me} vs an la-7). The lala had significant alt & e and began to beat me down (was a very well regarded stick). After 4-5 minute he'd driven me down to the deck from 8k or so and was getting close to the endgame. He came in on a hi yoyo to force me down literally to thedeck and as he pulled up and away I rolled back up and popped of 4 20mm and caught a golden bb...instant kill at 800+. He moaned and whined over 1 (was before 200 I think) and then we both busted up agreeing it was a "zen like" once in a lifetime shot...he was so fast that he was out of my view when I fired and caught the round(s)...

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
Your Favorite Kill
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2006, 10:56:08 PM »
One time I killed Leviathn while he was AFK eating Cheez-its.

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
Your Favorite Kill
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2006, 10:59:25 PM »
my #1 fave kill was when ..
i had just reached cruising alt of 15k in my ponnyb and then i see a flight of 2 262s below me , so i dive down on the lead i get 300 behind him and opened up on him with my .50 cals.....
i flip up and see a BOOM the kill message reads
"you have shot down JohnnyRa"
lol
the other 262 ran home with heavy damage and missing flap hmm wonder how his landing went

that same day a sqaudie got Jr in his 262 lol
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 11:01:58 PM by evenhaim »
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
Your Favorite Kill
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2006, 11:08:07 PM »
killing pacerr vulching from a field gun :lol

all kidding aside...i get most of my thrills from killing "big name" vulchers in an ostie.  its kindve hypocritical of me...:t
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
Your Favorite Kill
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2006, 11:19:03 PM »
Kind of not really "a favorite kill", but the one I remember the most is harassing 3 lower planes when a 4th one came in higher and forced me to the deck.  It was my P38J vs a typhoon, a la7, a spit9, and n1k.  The fight started with the congo line in that order.

I landed with those 4 kills, plus 1 from earier in the flight.

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
Your Favorite Kill
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2006, 11:32:31 PM »
just tonight, i killed myself shooting corky:)
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline MIShill

• Copper Member
Your Favorite Kill
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2006, 12:06:51 AM »
I was upping at a base away from the front line in a 205, & 2 262s came in to kill troops (talk about overkill) & as I lifted I shot the second one in the belly. He went down immediately and his buddy must ave looked back and rammed the hill. They complained about the "HO" for half an hour, although I didn't have enough E to HO anyone.

-MI-:lol :lol :lol

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
Your Favorite Kill
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2006, 12:40:40 AM »
My favorite kill I can't even claim as my own. I was riding with Doobs when he killed Santa, but it was an awsome ride none the less.

Beyond that I would have to say it was on a bomb run in FSO when I got my favorite kills on my own. JG44 was tasked to fly Ju-88's and hit 2 bases for our mission. I was the bomber flight lead and we were coming on our second target right at the 1 hour mark and when I looked thru the bombsite I saw a bunch of fighters on the re-arm pad refueling. I figured what the heck, and pickled a couple off. Got four for my efforts and the whines where priceless considering it was FSO.
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Your Favorite Kill
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2006, 12:46:06 AM »
Originally posted by Hornet33
when I looked thru the bombsite I saw a bunch of fighters on the re-arm pad refueling. I figured what the heck, and pickled a couple off. Got four for my efforts and the whines where priceless considering it was FSO.

:lol
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech