Author Topic: Your Favorite Kill  (Read 4162 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Your Favorite Kill
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2006, 12:01:30 PM »
Originally posted by SkyRock
Shane is HARR?????? :eek:

Unless it was imposter that time in a D11 in FT.   Same squad name, etc.   Dunno SR.   I'm assuming it was him.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Your Favorite Kill
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2006, 12:07:07 PM »
Another great one comes into mind.   When Wax was with Rookland right before the switch to AH2.   Wax and I decided to piss TT off on Trinity and ran a Jabo mission.   I grabbed my trusty Hellcat.   I dropped troops on a VH, and was now looking for something to drop 2k on.  

Lo and behold, I see a Tiger about 200 yards from a different vbase.   I nose in and let loose.   "SYSTEM: You have shot down FireHwk#1".    The WHINES and crying had reduced Wax and I to tears, as I was landing.   I had the film to chuckle at for a while, but lost in a HD format.   Whenever, his cheating arse would get snippy at someone, I'd "mention this one" and he'd get quiet.  

Wax and I STILL laugh at this one.   We figure he had WELL OVER 40 camping kills.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Spiked

• Nickel Member
Your Favorite Kill
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2006, 12:22:52 PM »
Back when I was still flying ... would say I have two occasions that stick out in my mind the most.  

First was a one on one with Vd in a Ki-84 - I was flyin a Spit VIII.  fight started at around 15k ... went on for what seemed forever with each of us getting the upper hand and pinging up the other.  Finally forced him to overshoot & got the kill.  Hell of a fight with me leaving missing an airleon & streaming black smoke.

Second was flying an FM2 @ about 5k ... spotted a friendly flight of lancs @ about 1k with a P38, C205 & a Spit IX chasing him.  By the time I reached the fight the lancs were toast & I was in a nasty 3-1 on the deck.  Killed the spit & forced the 205 to auger ... after a couple of tense moments was able to evade the 38 & get a hit on his cockpit.  My first & only 3 on 1 victory.

Its moments like those that as soon as finances allow, will bring me back to AH.  That & my addiction to big bellybutton furballs.

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
Your Favorite Kill
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2006, 01:45:00 PM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
Some bum in a 51 comes in at light speed and picks me.  He shall remain nameless....Treize....:)

Hey, I apologized for that! :D

Besides, those poor souls obviously needed help if they couldn't handle you on their own... :cool: :p :rolleyes:
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Your Favorite Kill
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2006, 01:55:07 PM »
Mine had to be against BluKitty, both of us where in 262s.

She/he/what ever the f**k chased me back to the port as I was rtb, running on nothing but a drop of fuel, I was able to get into a great turn fight and was able to keep the inside line, lots of spuds, big boom and landing dead stick :D.

The best fights are always the ones you win.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Ball

• Silver Member
Your Favorite Kill
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2006, 01:56:45 PM »
Originally posted by Kazaa
I was able to get into a great turn fight and was able to keep the inside line, big boom

you were "lucky" i bet?

Offline Angry Samoan

• Silver Member
Your Favorite Kill
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2006, 02:04:42 PM »
My favorite kill hasnt happened yet so look out!:(

Offline stickpig

• Nickel Member
Your Favorite Kill
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2006, 02:05:04 PM »
Shooting a Vucher in the bellybutton as I was lifting off. I had just enough to nose down in a Hurri 2c as he came screaming down the runway causing the overshoot. Snapped it back up as he flew by and just overhead....those 4 20mm Hispanos tore him up.
Theyll only give you one chance, Better get it right first time. And the game youre playing
If you lose you gotta pay, If you make just one wrong move Youll get blown away
Expect no mercy  <Nazareth>

"Stay in the manned ack... When your in a plane you are a danger to the ground"  <Norad>

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
Your Favorite Kill
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2006, 02:21:36 PM »
One of the funniest ones I saw. A bunch of us JG44 guys decided to go on a 262 sweep. I don't even remember who all was there, anyway we ended up intercepting a bomber mission and we all had a couple of kills. We RTB'd and everyone was on the ground and towered out except one guy. He kept overshooting the runway trying to slow down. Well we see an enemy con on radar and we're telling him to get it on the ground because he's almost out of gas and has like 4-5 kills. Well he finally get it down and just when he comes to a stop this AR234 comes out of no where and drops 3 bombs on him and kills him on the runway.

I hate to see a squadie get killed like that but it was funny as hell and we laughed about it for at least a month afterwards.
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
Your Favorite Kill
« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2006, 02:42:26 PM »
I happened into a low alt fight while putting around in my Spit9. I spot a low & slow F6F and decide to dive in on his tail.....so I thought. A bad misperception on my part showed me that was not his tail, as he turned upward into my dive and tried for a HO.

Through sheer luck, I received no hits or damage from Ratfinks attempt, however he recieved a great deal from me. (whew!)

Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
Your Favorite Kill
« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2006, 03:30:42 PM »
Originally posted by thndregg
A bad misperception on my part showed me that was not his tail, as he turned upward into my dive and tried for a HO.

I had the opposite problem last night- closure rate was so high comin in on a 190F8 (I was in a 262) that I thought I had HOed him and when he gave me a on private I was apologizing for face shooting him.

Watched the film later, was a dead 6 shot. :o
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline yayyyy

• Nickel Member
Your Favorite Kill
« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2006, 03:36:31 PM »
i dropped a whole bomb load from lancs on a runway and got 13 kills..yayyyy

Offline weazely

• Silver Member
Your Favorite Kill
« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2006, 03:50:01 PM »
my favorite kill (no names said)
im in a 109k4 at 8k and i see a La7 and 10k he dove on to me and i made him over shoot. Once i saw he was past me i pushed throlte back up and started to go vert with him ( I know not a good idea). he was about 800 to a 1k off so i said what the hell im pulling trigger and what do u know i hit him with only 20 bullets left in the 30mm. After he blew up i was cherry picked by another La7 :( ....luckyest shot ive ever pulled off:aok
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX.
Invidia V2 Catless Downpipe
STi Catback
HKS SQV BOV

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
Your Favorite Kill
« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2006, 04:05:21 PM »
Originally posted by Ball
you were "lucky" i bet?

LOL was in a mossie going vulchin when said geezer + yucca turns up in  high alt p47's would ya believe.  So I goes for it, as you do.  Inside a minute between the 2 of them I'm shot down with said geezer scoring most hits.

Wanting me revenge I go F4u1 75% fuel.  I'm on me last 10 min of gas searching and I find said geezer on his own.  To be fair his snap shot from the expected forced over shoot landed some good pings but my trusty old F4u1 climbed up an over for the head shot boom.  

Channel 200 "Lucky you"    :rofl

P.S  now that you just told me it's manetmp I rolled up me sleeves.  That barstool vulched me 3 time an I eventually chaced the 190, what ever model, he was in over 1.5 sectors in a yakU.  I got killed when taking on and turn fighting 2 of his buddies and he blasted in for the cheery.  I ain't forgot that.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 04:07:46 PM by LYNX »

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Your Favorite Kill
« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2006, 04:25:56 PM »
Are you sure that Cat didn't hit you, or was it really the DU armor plating they've slapped on the Spit's engine in the game? :p
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.