Author Topic: Changes to come.  (Read 31661 times)

Offline kamilyun

• Silver Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #135 on: December 10, 2006, 06:50:05 PM »
Originally posted by plank
Did you guys know that flight sim enthusiasts fly on all sides in this game? Frankly, I never notice a difference in attitude, banter, or skill when I switch sides to balance. These people aren't your actual enemies, its a game.

Judging from the posts you'd think HTC was trying to give you a forced gender change.

Don't listen to him.  He's as dumb as a brick...er, piece of wood.  :D

Offline MWL

• Nickel Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #136 on: December 10, 2006, 06:52:54 PM »
Greetings,

And freedom to fly any plane regardless of eny setting...... To some, perks are valueless as they already have tons.

Looking forward to being a Pawn - and pwning everyone ;)

Regards,

Offline kamilyun

• Silver Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #137 on: December 10, 2006, 06:55:36 PM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
Something must be wrong with my squad.  We keep finding ways to fly together.

Any suggestions on how I can avoid flying with them so I can support the 'this will wreck' squads campaign?

:lol    :aok

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #138 on: December 10, 2006, 07:06:14 PM »
some change is a good thing but to much of a change will run people off...but we'll see how these "new changes" pan out
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #139 on: December 10, 2006, 07:11:21 PM »
Originally posted by Overlag

I dont know how the new ENY system will fix anything.... if the loosing side quits, is it the attackers fault?

Or amybe the "leavers" left because they got tired of fighting against a horde?

Let's not get trapped in argument about which came first, the horde or the leaver...because the point is that its no fun to get swarmed unfairly, to not even have a chance.

And when one side is high, generally the other 2 cant find much fun.

I hear what you're saying overlag - -but from a game standpoint, teams have to be in the same general numbers range for all to have fun. And, regardless of whose fault it is, AH hasnt had "in the same range" balancing for a while.

Bottom line -- if we had solved the gross imbalance issues ourselves, HT would have done nothing. But, too many players only cared about themselves or their squads, even if that meant scr@@ing everyone else. Since we couldnt be good sports on our own, HT had to make a rule to approximate good sportsmanship.
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #140 on: December 10, 2006, 07:11:25 PM »
Are the new changes already in place?
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
Re: Changes to come.
« Reply #141 on: December 10, 2006, 07:16:18 PM »
Originally posted by hitech
1. The current zone / strat setup does not lend it self very well to the current setup,We will be change the supply system to work on all your countries fields, hence hitting the strat targets will have a larger effect.

Question about this:
Will the supplies be run to the fields via train/convoy?

Or, will the supply chain be dictated by a chain of bases?

It would be nice if you could sever the supply chain.  Instead of making a change that enables the supply system to work on all of your country's fields, why not make it so a base captured in enemy territory cannot be supplied via the supply system unless it is "linked up" directly back to a friendly zone base?

Offline trotter

• Silver Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #142 on: December 10, 2006, 07:45:01 PM »
Flying around in these past few weeks of imbalance, I never noticed public griping, when I was on the understaffed side, about imbalance.

But yes, I can understand how imbalance could be a problem. People who have compiled the numbers these past weeks have posted on this board... something like:

Orange:
Bish- 60
Knits- 75
Rooks- 120

Blue:
Bish- 125
Knits-100
Rooks- 60

Seems pretty imbalanced, no? What if you could add them together somehow, maybe some sort of super mega arena....

Bish- 185
Knits- 175
Rooks- 180

..........nah, that would never work.

Perhaps sample size is the problem here. Not anyone's "naughtiness" of not personally taking the initiative to switch sides to whichever side, that day, has the numbers. With any small sample size you are going to see fluctuation, sometimes severe. There is the possibility that having two Late War (Main) arenas just splits up the numbers enough so that usually there will be a side imbalance.

Look, I'm not advocating going back to the old MA. I'm just simply acknowledging that all of these problems (ENY inflation, the need for a new capture system) arose from a chain of events starting with that switch.

Sometimes the best way to start a problem is to go back and fix it from the roots, rather than go forward with another new innovation that has the potential of ultimately, down the chain, starting new problems itself.

This is bad for squads. I am not in a squad, and personally I have no problem changing sides, but I can understand that people rightfully want to fly with their buddies, and making it a hassle for them to do so is going to make this game more of a chore than enjoyment. As long as every third new person who registers is assigned bishop, the next knight, and the next rook, etc, I don't see how this numbers imbalance won't correct itself in the long run if everyone is allowed to fly in the same arena.

Offline 999000

• Silver Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #143 on: December 10, 2006, 08:36:33 PM »
Ok right from the get-go I said this was a Mistake.......Its like the guy who's lost ..who keeps driving and refuses to look at the map......The mistake is not in making a mistake ..but refusing to admitt the mistake making the intial mistake even worse.....If the intial changes had worked..."A" then why are we trying "B" and now "C" ..your up the wrong branch of the tree Sir...even idiotts like me have a firm grasp of the obvious.

PS guess what... the "eny thing " doesn't work.

Offline viper215

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bops.us
Changes to come.
« Reply #144 on: December 10, 2006, 08:57:30 PM »
Good point 999000.... This new change thing is starting to become a joke.
- Viper215 - Birds of Prey - Falcon Wing -
               - www.bops.us -

Offline 999000

• Silver Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #145 on: December 10, 2006, 09:02:38 PM »
Ok I have an idea for balance...even thou Balance is NOT A PROBLEM.....ok anyway this is the idea .......Shawk over there!...everyone else over there!

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #146 on: December 10, 2006, 09:05:32 PM »
What currency does AH have to offer fighters of a 4th group (a nation without a land .........Pawns?) who switch sides (or are switched) to balance the battle...... these Pawns could have automatic perk multipliers (always 1.5?) and carry their own Pawn icon into battle under the colours of their present master country. (red yellow or green)

I'd be a pawn. This is an excellent idea. With this, only those who are willing would be switching countries, those with strong country loyalties wouldn't have to switch. Win Win situation.

I especially like the idea of the Pawn Icon with current country colors :D
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Changes to come.
« Reply #147 on: December 10, 2006, 09:08:21 PM »
Originally posted by Elfie
I'd be a pawn. This is an excellent idea. With this, only those who are willing would be switching countries, those with strong country loyalties wouldn't have to switch. Win Win situation.

I especially like the idea of the Pawn Icon with current country colors :D

Including a new system message:

You have been Pawned by *name* ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
Changes to come.
« Reply #148 on: December 10, 2006, 09:14:39 PM »
Seems to me that there was an issue. Apparently unless I'm really reading this wrong a big enough issue that HT felt he needs to get involved in it.  We as a community have had the chance to resolve it and do what's best for everyone and we as a group decided not to use it for whatever reason.  We had the ability to self regulate and we didn't.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #149 on: December 10, 2006, 09:20:22 PM »
Originally posted by 999000
Ok right from the get-go I said this was a Mistake.......Its like the guy who's lost ..who keeps driving and refuses to look at the map......The mistake is not in making a mistake ..but refusing to admitt the mistake making the intial mistake even worse.....If the intial changes had worked..."A" then why are we trying "B" and now "C" ..your up the wrong branch of the tree Sir...even idiotts like me have a firm grasp of the obvious.

PS guess what... the "eny thing " doesn't work.

excellent post, sir!
Vote R.E. Lee '24