Author Topic: Changes to come.  (Read 31477 times)

Offline soupcan

• Copper Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #195 on: December 11, 2006, 06:34:34 AM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
Either way, i figure they're good folks  This applies to all kinds of squads and individuals whether it's shooting at them or with them.

The joy of 200 is the ability to keep talking to folks on any side so I don't feel like that's letting folks down if by moving to the low number country to try and balance it a bit, I'm helping to make it a bit more fair...or to provide more targets for the high number guys :)

bang on guppy!
:aok
Addicted since tour 62.
news in game.
http://www.415thsquad.com/

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #196 on: December 11, 2006, 06:43:52 AM »
Welcome to

Aces High III

A flight sim.

Nothing more.

:mad:

Offline badhorse

• Silver Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #197 on: December 11, 2006, 07:01:24 AM »
Interesting.
 I reserve my right to whine after until after I see how this works out.
Always try and be the person your dog thinks you are.

Offline Mystic2

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theunforgivenweb.com
Changes to come.
« Reply #198 on: December 11, 2006, 07:22:04 AM »
Originally posted by Major Biggles
what's so bad about changing country though? i know it's nice to fly with squaddies, but remember that this system will only kick in once one side starts getting big numbers. in that case, why don't you pm your squaddies and ask them to move with you? :)

I for one do not switch countries...... that is my choice..... however with the current set up, its either switch or wait....  I have not really liked the new set up from day one, but since there is nothing else out there really, we are stuck with it.... for the last year, this game has gone seriously down hill..... its very sad to see... AH used to be a kick bellybutton game.   I am not the only one that sees it, but since most dont post here, sadly we are the vocal minority..... probably need to redo the commercials as well, since the ideas of squads, flying with friends, etc is heading out the door..... just my 2 cents.
FSO Setup CM
~~~THE UNFORGIVEN~~~
"LIVE FREE, DIE WELL"

mystic2@ahevents.org

Offline Mystic2

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theunforgivenweb.com
Changes to come.
« Reply #199 on: December 11, 2006, 07:51:07 AM »
Originally posted by skernsk
Being buried someplace in page three I am sure that HTC will not even read this.  

BUT

I would suggest that this is not good for squads.  And, let me also say that it has been my SQUAD and not your game that has kept me here the past 6 months or so.

:aok  well said...
FSO Setup CM
~~~THE UNFORGIVEN~~~
"LIVE FREE, DIE WELL"

mystic2@ahevents.org

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #200 on: December 11, 2006, 07:53:43 AM »
It doesn't matter which chess piece one flies for as long as they are able to have fun.  I gave up loyalty to a chess piece two years ago and it was the best move I ever made in this game.  Now, when I log on, I look at the whole map and choose the best battle that the game has to offer.  If I must change country do get there, then so be it!:aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline 4510

• Copper Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #201 on: December 11, 2006, 07:57:17 AM »
See Rule #5
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 12:45:27 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #202 on: December 11, 2006, 08:01:42 AM »
Originally posted by badhorse
I reserve my right to whine after until after I see how this works out.

....well....how silly.  Don't you realize that if you approach the changes without having first decided that you don't like them, you might find them to be worthwhile?  And where would you be then?  Stuck without a whine, that's where you'd be.

No, don't thank me.  Just quickly make up your mind that this is all a bad idea.  Then you can go fly in the new system with a clear conscience.

- oldman

Offline 4510

• Copper Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #203 on: December 11, 2006, 08:06:31 AM »
Originally posted by Major Biggles
yeah, it is better ;)

i agree that some squads are going to get upset over this, but try to remember it's a game, and you shouldn't take it so seriously. it's great fun to end up in a good fight with a friend in the MA, and even better if it's a squaddie :) be less 'loyal' to your 'country', relax a little, and have a good time.

the point of AH isn't the war but the fight, be it fighters bombers or GV's. imagine a great dogfight with a good friend, bombing a base defended by some good mates, or duking it out in tanks together.

that light hearted fighting is what it's about, not some virtual field numbers :) having fun with friends, with or against, is always a blast. try to keep an open mind and relax a little, you might just enjoy yourself ;)

and sorry if i've been rude in the past :)

If we remember that it is just a game... then all the anti-squad rhetoric etc. has no place either.  If it is just a game from one perspective it should be just a game from the other.  We broke up the arenas to try and get a certain type of game play going.  It didn't work.  Those that screamed for EW planes... flocked to EW and then in less than a month essentially abandoned it.

So rather than accept that the majority of the customers don't share the same vision of what the game should be, we continue to try and change the mechanics to make the game be something different.  

Anyone opposed to those changes is criticized with phrases that contain words... game... horde... cartoon... chess... squad... silly... etc.

It's a matter of perspective.  

Personally I've found the last year of AH to be a constant evolution of heavy handed game management policy.

My perspective...

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #204 on: December 11, 2006, 08:09:50 AM »
Originally posted by Mystic2
I for one do not switch countries...... that is my choice..... however with the current set up, its either switch or wait....  .

you could also try a different arena.  is your country always ounumbering the other?  if not, then i might suspect you have little to worry about.  if so, as the numbers i've seen, there should be room in a different arena.

all in all, like you said its your choice.  if you love your chess piece enough and your arena enough, and your squad doesn't care if they play with or without you, you will wait.

on the other hand, how it is now is horde or be horded.  which is the lesser of 2 evils concerning gameplay?
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
Changes to come.
« Reply #205 on: December 11, 2006, 08:13:37 AM »
Wow...total change package should address nearly every issue I can think of (except that I'm too easy to kill). WTFG HTC! Clear indication to me that the leadership up there in Grapetown is paying attention by loggin in under shade accounts and actually witnessing the degradation of gameplay over the last 3 years or so.

This new package has things to please those who like to fight, those who like to strat, as well as those who like to win. Only possible negative would be that each of those categories (fight/strat/win) will be somewhat harder to get good at, but a challenge is what most folks who play PC games enjoy, at least those who echew the cheat-code method of winning the game (not talking about AH but PC games in general), but then again I've never figured out why one would buy a game and then beat it in a day or two via the use of god-mode etc.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #206 on: December 11, 2006, 08:16:54 AM »
i second edbert's post. :aok
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Skyfoxx

• Silver Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #207 on: December 11, 2006, 08:18:35 AM »
Originally posted by john9001
i'm bored, when does CT open?

Now there is a post I can agree with.

I realize I am in the minority, but imho arena play is lame by its nature. It was lame years before the changes and it will continue to be lame, but it will remain popular because the majority likes mindless furballing.
I only stay here for my squad and events and honestly the events are not what they once were.
Bring on CT, something reasonably historical, with a mission and a goal and I will be perfectly happy.

Not a very popular opinion, but it is what it is.

"Consider your own fortunes gentlemen the deepest circle of hell is reserved for traitors and mutineers."

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #208 on: December 11, 2006, 08:19:39 AM »
Originally posted by 4510
Those that screamed for EW planes... flocked to EW and then in less than a month essentially abandoned it.

I also noticed how the EWA fell on it's face essentially. I like the early planes, but with next to nobody in there when I'm normally on, what fun is it? The nostalgia of the hangar queen is back to where it was--zilch.
 :(
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #209 on: December 11, 2006, 08:20:32 AM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
Sloehand.  Please read what you just wrote and think about it for a sec.

You are suggesting that folks who want fair and balanced gameplay, in the hopes of making the experience in the game enjoyable for the most possible players, are somehow selfish.

That makes little sense.  The guys I fly with switch to low numbers country everytime we fly.  Not because we worry about winning the war, but because when playing a game, it seems like it would be more fun if the teams were fair.

What you seem to be suggesting is that as long as the game fits for you, then everyone else will have to live with it.  Which is the more selfish position?

This IS NOT war.  No one dies.  It is a game, where folks fly cyber planes, driver cyber tanks or ships and have a chance to compete against other people via the online world.

My loyalty is to the game and the people in it.  I don't recall coming across any 'bad guys' in this game.  It amazes me when someone says the Bish are this way, the Rooks are that way and the Knits are another way.

I've not seen it.  I just want to enjoy the game and know that the good people I'm flying with and against are having the chance to have as much fun as I can, regardless of the chess piece I happen to be flying for that hour.

That doesn't appear selfish to me.  And as near as I can tell, that's all hub has been preaching for quite some time.

I would suggest that Hitech and company look at it the same way.  How do we make this game enjoyable for the most possible players......not just the guys who like to furball, or not just the tank drivers, or not just  the win the war guys, or not the guys who like to drop bombs.  

I don't believe HTC favors any particular group, but wants the best for the game they've put so much time and effort into.

This is the best post that I have seen on the BBS in a couple of weeks.

:aok
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."