Author Topic: which is most important for you?  (Read 1393 times)

Offline JanneK

• Nickel Member
which is most important for you?
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2006, 02:12:22 AM »
For me the order would be:

1) Gameplay
2) FM
3) Graphics
Proud member of Vaasan Vaakalentäjät

Offline Platano

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2006, 02:47:51 AM »
IMO:

1-FM
2-Graphics
3-Gameplay
Army of Muppets

Fly Luftwaffe.

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2006, 02:48:47 AM »
All in equal amounts.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline Clutz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2006, 02:56:20 AM »
the planes fly pretty dang good already, that is for sure , as long as my rounds sink in, the rest is just blah blah blah, :)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 03:09:08 AM by Clutz »

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2006, 04:15:25 AM »
I will say again, all these components are just as important as the one before it, putting them in order is just makes no sense, as a computer game needs all these qualities to succeed.

By the way, everyone forgot sounds

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2006, 06:20:37 AM »
Originally posted by Kazaa
I will say again, all these components are just as important as the one before it, putting them in order is just makes no sense, as a computer game needs all these qualities to succeed.

By the way, everyone forgot sounds

:lol :lol

Offline rod367th

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2006, 06:53:32 AM »
SEX

love
family  

then gameplay

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2006, 10:07:37 AM »
- FM i think the flight model is already pretty darn good so while i find it important, i do not find anything lacking in that department but i certainly enjoy it.

- graphics.  an absolute essential! the new terrain tiles have added a level of immersion that i really appreciate.  when i am dogfighting and i suddenly get a shot of vertigo because i am heading straight at a realistic looking terrain it makes my day.  it feels real.  i would really really like to see the game continue to press itself on the graphics side.  more realistic explosions and fires, buildings and structures modelled more realistically and with varying terrain types available.  SNOW!!  Pacific style islands.  clouds obscuring bomb targets etc.  

i cant think of anything that i would rather see in the game at this point than a revamp of some of the graphics.  that is not to say that they are bad...they are better than the old school, but they seem to be lagging behind the rest of the market and could satiate some need for change without shifting the game itself to impliement.

- gameplay.  i truly appreciate what htc is trying to accomplish with recent changes, and, while i do not neccessarilly agree with the implementation, i like the idea that they are giving us choices.  i think that it will get more interesting as the game progresses and more people arrive.  i am currently getting more interested in flying in some of the extranious activities like KOTH and other special events.

i really hope that it gets to a solidified level soon though.  its a bit unnerving.

again, great job on the game HTC.  it is the only one that i play an i hope to continue that relationship for a long time to come.
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2006, 03:06:18 PM »
To the guys that voted gameplay , FA 2.5 had better in 2000 . I came here cause their crappy FM and wonder women type of cockpit art wasn't getting it for me anymore .

Their capture model was alot better than ours , even now IMO . I never seen a vulch till I came to this game :lol donno the ack in FA then was a lot differant .

AND NO I AM NOT GOING BACK OR QUITING .
My current Ace's High handle is spro

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
Re: which is most important for you?
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2006, 03:11:27 PM »
Originally posted by JB88
graphics, gameplay,  or flight modelling?

why?

It depends on what you mean by "gameplay" if you mean is it fun to play then it has to be gameplay... Hell mate I am still playing games from the 90's on Atari and Amiga emulators....

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2006, 04:54:24 PM »
To me:

1. FM. It will always be subjective, but I have seen over the years that Pyro is a stickler for accuracy. The effort that went intot he Ki-84 model is a good example. At times I feel he might be too much of a stickler. I believe we still have the slower pilot-tube error speed for the F6F and the Mil vs Wep speed issue with the 38L -- but they are still "official" speeds. I'm confident that if better validation can be brought up for these issues then changes will be made. I like the lack of "whim" changes.

2. Gameplay. This has been suffering greatly for me now for about 18 months to the point where I have flown less in this time than in one month of AH1 when I started here. I'm looking forward to flying again now with the changes (and now that I finally established my Empire in RTW). I hope at some point the strat gets expanded even further, though the CT may replace this need for me.

3. Graphics. There will always be a graphical limit to meet "the least common denominator" gaming system in the player base. I would upgrade systems regularly for much better graphics, but that is not generally true of the niche/older demographics that have typically played such games compared to the FPS crowd.

Charon