Author Topic: Hi Tech Isnt Taking Anything Away, he is giving you CHOICES  (Read 2564 times)

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Hi Tech Isnt Taking Anything Away, he is giving you CHOICES
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2006, 08:45:43 PM »
Your problem isn't change, it's just more than one change at once?
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2006, 08:54:24 PM »
Still waiting on you President.................... ..
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2006, 08:58:37 PM »
im guessing that u cant afford ht's scotch so this is the way u suck up...

lol jk

but im not..

maybe i am...

hmmm.........
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2006, 08:59:10 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
Your problem isn't change, it's just more than one change at once?

no it's paying for a product and having that product changed without any prior notice.  (often and without any determinable care as to how it might be handled in a manner better representative of a business as opposed to homework)

when i pay for it and then suddenly get something else.  well that just chaps my butt.  especially when i have only a very short window to relax and the thing that i had expected to relax me turns out to be some new derangement of what was already becoming a cluster to begin with.

look.  i am an artist so it isnt like i dont understand the creative process.  i do.

i have put out some mutts in my time, but rather than overworking a peice it is usually better to put it down and make something else.

thats how i feel about this.  ACES HIGH was pretty much a complete model that everyone was used to.  a forward thinking body might be like...okay...whats next?

lets make a new game.  then the feedback is yes or no.  i play or i dont.

the old one isnt ruined.

this isnt some esoteric art, this is product.  when i do commercial work my clients tend to get rather pissy when i make decisions and big changes after they have already signed off on something.  as well they should i might add.

my point?  i liked the game enough to be around for a while.  anyone who has been here for long has too.

now i am starting not too.

not because i dont like the new ideas, but because they belong in another generation...another game or another set of choices.

point in fact, the only change that i didnt mind so much was the base taking order...because it wasnt GLOBAL ...i didnt HAVE TO DO IT to play.

sheesh.  why in the heck should i have to pay to be a beta tester?  

thats what i mean.
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2006, 09:04:13 PM »
Originally posted by zorstorer
ummm.....

you mean choices like "get in zee oven or ve shooot you" type of choices? ;)

freaking hilarious!!

:rofl :rofl :rofl

it is now my sig!!!
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline Baine

• Copper Member
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2006, 09:24:00 PM »
I've just gotta laugh at all the people blaming the community for not playing the game right.
The community is playing the game the way the community thinks the game should be played. Keep throwing monkey wrenches in the works and people will still find a way around them (as demonstrated by this futile, ill-thought out flailing around in an unsuccessful attempt to get folks to play "the right way"  :furious   that we have seen over the past couple of weeks).
I also have to laugh at the people who swore that they loved the new early war plane set, that  it was the best thing since sliced bread, seems like there were a lot more of them than the 35 or so die-hards you can still find in that ghosttown on any given night.:rofl

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2006, 09:36:27 PM »
are my eyes playing tricks on my or is that a pug in a sombrero?
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2006, 09:42:38 PM »
I like my Rocky Road ice cream with walnuts.

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2006, 10:05:18 PM »
BGCowboy.. Waiting for the film. Put your money where your MOUTH is :)
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."

Offline DeadSpy

• Zinc Member
Why am I sitting in a QUEUE?
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2006, 10:38:23 PM »
I didn't pay to sit in a QUEUE.

As i sit here, this being my 15th minute in a queue, i cant help but wonder why im paying to sit....why am i paying to sit, and wait, so that i can fly with my squad, as part of a country whose members i've come to know well...

I read the first post....something about giving us all more choices....in reality, the change takes choices away from us....where before, we had the choice of flying bish, rook, or knit, I now have the choice of flying rook...not much of a choice in my book....well, i could of course sit in line as a bish, and i could of course sit in line as a knit...but i cant fly BLUE as either for...well....whats been at least 15 minutes.....

Of course, I do have the choice to go to orange arena right? and leave my squaddies in the blue arena.....so that i can have a choice of attacking 2 different bases as opposed to any that i may see fit.....

Before you think im completely negative about everything, I have seen one change that i think benefitted the community...this being the arena split into early/mid/and late war periods...why was this a good change? Because it forced NOTHING on the player...

CONTRADICTION, HI-TECH, is something that you've begun to show...you changed the orange arena to a pre-determined base taking path to (as i remember hearing) make the game more playable with fewer players....at nearly the same time, you tripled the ack capacity of airfields, and added ack to towns...thank god you havent done the same with vehicle fields, otherwise, it would be impossible for a group of 3 or 4 dedicated pilots to take a base....

Your orange arena change was a success (or was it?)....
ORANGE has become a victim of the "novelty effect"
It was cool for awhile because it was different, it was something new that the players werent used to and so they played it....it made for larger scale furballs than those before it which lasted significantly longer.  On top of that, you've got this so called novelty effect...now that players interest aren't peaked by the newness it once had.... its kind of like going and buying a new toyota camry....for a month or so, you're awed by the car because its really cool and has lots of features....after that month you begin to realize that it really is nothing more than a toyota camry, and nobody is excited about it any more...not even you.

Yes, i realize people still play in the orange arena, not everyone has left it.

But there are a significant number of players that play this game, and for a significant number of players to play in the BLUE, a similarly sized group must also be in the ORANGE to raise the limits of blue....otherwise, we are left with the choice of flying orange, or waiting for blue.....and most of us didnt pay to sit in a QUEUE.

Offline President

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2006, 10:49:13 AM »
Originally posted by Yeager
I sense another mass exodus of tardlers, then another mass influx of same tardlers with new game IDs.

:D

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol I Bet U R right on the Money! :aok

Offline President

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2006, 10:50:41 AM »
Originally posted by Silat
Still waiting on you President.................... ..

You look to pick a fight tard?

grow up

Offline President

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Re: Why am I sitting in a QUEUE?
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2006, 10:51:58 AM »
Originally posted by DeadSpy
I didn't pay to sit in a QUEUE.

A

Then switch country tard.

I didnt pay to go in an arena with 100 bish and only 10 of us rooks

how about i will pay hi tech for both of us, and you can go play pacman

:noid

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2006, 10:54:19 AM »
DeadSpy: You might wish to get your facts straight, are you under the impression that Orange is not exactly the same as blue at the moment?

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
Re: Re: Why am I sitting in a QUEUE?
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2006, 10:59:44 AM »
Originally posted by President
Then switch country tard.

I didnt pay to go in an arena with 100 bish and only 10 of us rooks

how about i will pay hi tech for both of us, and you can go play pacman

:noid

What's your ingame ID?