Author Topic: Hi Tech Isnt Taking Anything Away, he is giving you CHOICES  (Read 2248 times)

Offline President

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Hi Tech Isnt Taking Anything Away, he is giving you CHOICES
« on: December 11, 2006, 05:06:49 PM »
The forum is a lot of beating up on hi tech for his recent changes – and a lot of folks that appreciate his hard work – and the team for their bar b q :lol

But here’s the thing – he is getting it right…. but you can never please all the people all the time… so you try to please the majority … and you do that by giving the player choices.

Hi Tech has changed the game, and now there are MORE choices for YOU, the player!!!!  :aok

Think about it…

To help balance countries, he had to do something, and he did, he did it a way that GIVES YOU CHOICES!  U r not forced to change sides… u have the choice of WAITING in que or chancing sides.  Aint that better than having something forced on you???? Think about it!

To help balance arenas he created 3 war periods!  That’s SMART if you think about it.  Tired of being HO’d my LA7’s?  Go to midwar or early war?  Hey I think the better sticks fly in early and mid anyway – AGAIN, you got CHOICES

Tired of small maps?  Go to the Orange Furball zone – hey it’s a BIG map!

And the ENY doesn’t take anything away folks, it actually gives you CHOICES, like

Change to another arena, change country, or stay with your country and fly restricted plane set.   So you can CHOOSE what is more important to you, a low ENY plane, or your favorite chess piece, or flying with the squad!!!!

GEEZ FOLKS GIVE HIM A BREAK -  He has put a lot of thought into this.  Sure I see other suggestions from folks that don’t realize that program code and tech barriers such as server capacity and so on prevent some of the ideas from being possible

I mean, don’t u think that HT Skuzzy and the crew are considering anything possible and trying to please as many people as possible?

Stop, take a breath…. And give credit where it is OVERDUE.  :cool:

THE END

Offline jon

• Nickel Member
      • http://http://www.wildaces.us
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 08:10:23 PM »
get real

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 08:11:23 PM »
i KNOW i cannot type what i am thinking right now...
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline trotter

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 08:26:22 PM »
rabbit bouncing along happily in the woods. captured by a wolf. wolf brings the rabbit back to his den. says to the rabbit: I can eat you now, I can have my wolf pups eat you now, or you can stay here overnight and be eaten tomorrow morning. what a great wolf. he is giving the rabbit CHOICES

Offline zorstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 08:33:40 PM »
ummm.....

you mean choices like "get in zee oven or ve shooot you" type of choices? ;)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 08:42:00 PM »
You guys are just unbelievable ! Its just a game !!! President didn't mention one other choice you have......

LEAVE ! and don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out !

Offline Killjoy2

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.nortonfamily.net
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2006, 08:43:39 PM »
"get in zee oven or ve shooot you"

Is this over the top?  I can't tell.

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2006, 08:46:00 PM »
and the sky has fallen yet again.
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2006, 09:05:29 PM »
i didnt pay for this game, i payed for Aces high.
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2006, 09:14:45 PM »
ur right pres but dont let the negitivity of the message boards represent a majority of ah players because it doesnt..
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline zorstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2006, 09:23:11 PM »
Originally posted by TW9
ur right pres but dont let the negitivity of the message boards represent a majority of ah players because it doesnt..

Actually think back to the very old days....all these choices were already there....

The only new choice is having a smaller plane set to fight with/against by choosing your arena.

Only thing about it all though, was that not enough folks chose to balance it out, so we got ENY, et al....

So I will agree with you on the multiple arenas, but not much else.  Those other choices were already in place.

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2006, 09:25:28 PM »
Originally posted by trotter
rabbit bouncing along happily in the woods. captured by a wolf. wolf brings the rabbit back to his den. says to the rabbit: I can eat you now, I can have my wolf pups eat you now, or you can stay here overnight and be eaten tomorrow morning. what a great wolf. he is giving the rabbit CHOICES
WOW, what a flare for the dramatic!
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2006, 09:27:36 PM »
Originally posted by TW9

hmmm thats why blue is always full and people are waiting to get to blue instead of going to orange..... hmmmmm;)

its also why EW and MW are "empty" mostly.

sorry, but players "spoke" by staying with what mostly resembles the old MA, and thats LW blue.....

people like the choice... they like to choose what to fly..... the like to choose what they attack....Its not just because they want uber rides.

its the same as any other game, if you had a choice of a 10 player server or a 32 player server 90% of the players would choose 32 players server.

i like fighting people, not ack (EW/MW).
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline 999000

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2006, 09:57:50 PM »
Ok I admitt it .........I have never even noticed the "balance" problem many speak of....what is it ..whats the definition??? now I've noticed the closed areana problem.....I've noticed the "eny" problem...But please tell me what the difinition of a "balance" proplem is ..Seriously!

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2006, 10:05:57 PM »
Balance problem? 999000?

That is when people don't like fighting odds. It's when the guys who like the base capture side of the game actually have to fight more than they want to in order to capture a base. Which usually means they'll give up. It's also the loudest people griping long enuff to where it becomes a problem , even tho many were happy and doing fine. Its about a few "Squads" that dont fly together half the time and fight one another and think the fact that others dont do that is stupid and there loser whinning chess piece loyalists. Its a matter of Gameplay and everything being "Equal"

Its about 50 people attacking 20. Of those 20 of course 3 , 4 , 5 , perhaps 6 are just laffing and having a great time , while the Generals are sitting on their 20k perches saying how bad things are going. Shouting orders from the tower on country channel about how "Bad" the numbers are and how they actually have to fight to get things done. Griping about people doing thier own thing and not helping to Win The War!!!!!! Even tho keeping a big ole furball going for 2 or 3 hours is helping cause its keeping those 10-30 guys off thier buffs and away from what they wanted to do anyway.

Balance is logging in to find some of your squad...all having a great time flying around...while you sit in the tower being # 12 in the que. Waiting for your spot to fly. Course its the squads that like to fly together , even if all they do is fight in fighter 90 percent of the time. They doont tool shed yet it's thier faults that the numbers are all off anyways. Just ask anyone. It doesn't show that only 3 or 4 of your squad was on and you were still that 12th guy in the que.

Balance is You 999000 being expected to change countries and find Tater and fight him. Because thats whats best for the community and gamplay. GAmeplay for a few here is beyond a doubt the most important thing ya know. Must win the war , or have equal numbers in furball area. Blance is logging off because you can't fly with your buds and eventually all that is left , is one arena. With about 50 people in it. Paying 250.00 a month....to fight one another and a Balanced arena.

Theres more....but that ought to get the flames going REAL good and hot.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 10:37:40 PM by RedTop »
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles